• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer Cover: Battlefield 3 [FLEABttn to the rescue, new thread soon!]

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
darthbob said:
Well...that was uneventful. I mean, it's just a teaser, sure. But it didn't even have the classic Battlefield theme.

I'm just gonna say that it's legit, so I don't get my hopes up.
Game Informer generally demands you not show anything if you have a cover, so that's really likely to be legit.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Nirolak said:
Game Informer generally demands you not show anything if you have a cover, so that's really likely to be legit.

I hope we'll get some screens at least.

Bitches.

darthbob

Nirolak said:

I'd at least be curious to see a first person shot, and some HUD action. (i have an obsession with seeing the UI)

But yeah, I'll definitely have to pick this issue up. Last time I did that, it was their Halo: Reach expose.

darthbob said:
Well...that was uneventful.
Well planes are confirmed if that teaser is legit. That seems like pretty big news to me, seeing as the two things that every single person brings up about BF2 are 64 players and planes :)

darthbob

endlessflood said:
Well planes are confirmed if that teaser is legit. That seems like pretty big news to me, seeing as the two things that every single person brings up about BF2 are 64 players and planes.

I guess I'm just so damn used to not having planes that I don't even notice nor care if they're included.

If they handle like they did in BF1943, and BF2, then great. I'm all for it, but if they're 1942 status, fuck DICE. :D

G_Berry

Banned
OMFG AT THE TRAILER!!

JETS MOTHER FUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

darthbob

G_Berry said:
OMFG AT THE TRAILER!!

JETS MOTHER FUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

animated.gif

Jtrizzy

I only briefly saw BF2 on pc, and most of my BF experience is BC2/1943/Modern Combat, so do the jets work the way the bombers in 1943 (console) do? I don't really get it, seems like jets would cover ground too quickly, but I guess that's why people want huge maps.

darthbob

Jtrizzy said:
I only briefly saw BF2 on pc, and most of my BF experience is BC2/1943/Modern Combat, so do the jets work the way the bombers in 1943 (console) do? I don't really get it, seems like jets would cover ground too quickly, but I guess that's why people want huge maps.

Not at all.

They behave a bit like the fighters do in 1943.

joshcryer

it's ok, you're all right now
wtf @ jets, BF2 had them, what is the big deal? There are even servers that are "jets only," haha. (You can still run around and do other stuff but the focus is air battles, which sucks because of the fog on BF2.)

I just hope the game has much larger playing areas. Like Arma 2 or something.

vanty

Jtrizzy said:
Jets in BF2 are basically automatic >50 KDR machines. They don't die unless the pilot massively fucks up, which is quite rare because of how easy they are to fly compared to BF1942's aircraft which could stall and also get ripped to shit by flak and machine guns.

subversus

vanty said:
Jets in BF2 are basically automatic >50 KDR machines. They don't die unless the pilot massively fucks up, which is quite rare because of how easy they are to fly compared to BF1942's aircraft which could stall and also get ripped to shit by flak and machine guns.

I guess that's why people want them (and prone) back.

Jtrizzy

vanty said:
That sounds shitty...sounds like the helicopter spawn raping on atacama desert in bc2.

subversus

Jtrizzy said:
That sounds shitty...sounds like the helicopter spawn raping on atacama desert in bc2.

sounds worse. You can take out a helicopter pretty easily.

derFeef

G_Berry said:
+1

Please optimize the game for PC this time DICE
Frostbite runs great on PC so I guess Frostbite 2 as well. Can´t wait for more info, that teaser is... teasing. Still hoping for different time periods, but never gonna happen :/

subversus

G_Berry said:
+1

Please optimize the game for PC this time DICE

you won't be able to play it the way it should be played with dual cores anyway. And quadcore + 9600 GT 512 was pretty serviceable for Bad Company 2 on 720p (40 fps average), so I don't know what optimization you are talking about.

Jtrizzy

darthbob said:
Not at all.

They behave a bit like the fighters do in 1943.
Oops, that's actually what I meant, as opposed to the bombers were you control 3 at a time. I'm just having trouble visualizing how a jet would work, I'm assuming it moves at a much higher rate of speed than the fighters from '43.

Enkidu

Jtrizzy said:
From my experience, you weren't killed by a jet all that often when on foot. They move so fast it can be hard to see all the little guys running around on the ground. They usually ether got lucky bombing a flag or focused on taking out tanks, which was also a good thing because tanks were pretty durable and unlike BC2 could really mess things up for people on foot.

Dabanton

Yeah my hope is that the helicopter and Jets can have their own little air battles and leave the ground troops to fight.

And i hope the commander role is back it was sorely missed in BC2.

Pikelet

Spookie said:
@locust9 All systems go. Afterburners, full. Maybe you should adopt a prone position. #BF3

Prone confirmed?
Yay, looks like they are at the very least listening to the PC crowd.

Bear

Enkidu said:
From my experience, you weren't killed by a jet all that often when on foot. They move so fast it can be hard to see all the little guys running around on the ground. They usually ether got lucky bombing a flag or focused on taking out tanks, which was also a good thing because tanks were pretty durable and unlike BC2 could really mess things up for people on foot.

Yeah, outside of the occasional base rape (which most servers ban), you weren't often killed by jets on foot so they never got too annoying.

Jtrizzy

So if you are piloting a jet its all about making bombing runs over flags/bases where you think the other team may be?

Jtrizzy said:
Oops, that's actually what I meant, as opposed to the bombers were you control 3 at a time. I'm just having trouble visualizing how a jet would work, I'm assuming it moves at a much higher rate of speed than the fighters from '43.
If you're me, you basically spend your whole life banked at 90 degrees turning endless circles around the battlefield by bashing your mouse repeatedly back to the top of your mousepad, with the occasional (failed) pass at vehicles and infantry below. With dual analog sticks it might work a bit better for me though: a mouse is not exactly the best interface for flying a jet.

That's if the console version does actually have jets.

Top Bottom