• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Girlfriend-age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RevDM

Banned
EviLore said:
Just picture me comforting her as I gently thrust inside of her for the first time, looking into her eyes, in a moment that she'll remember forever, that no other man can live up to. Our special moment locked in time.

Don't worry about it, bro. I'm sure she likes you too.

That was some inception shit right there

Zenith

Banned
Traced-Velocity said:
As unreasonable, and childish as that may be, I just haven't been able to get over the fact that she's had serious feelings for someone before me, and more so the sexual activity that took place. It makes me feel jealous, and even at times angered/resentful.

It's not like we haven't done anything either, hell I was in around a month into the relationship, whereas the other dude took 7 months.

I've never had alcohol before this,

Are you 14?

Chinner

Banned
Zenith said:
Are you 14?
you can tell that hes a babby. its like he based his entire emotional response on break-up scenes from hollywood. OH GOD MY GIRLFRIEND HAS BEEN WITH ANOTHER GUY BEFORE WE GOT TOGETHER TIME TO START DRINKING (because thats what every depressed guy does) AND GET REALLY ANGRY..AND LOOK ITS YOUR FAULT YOU DID THIS TO ME.

To some degree it's normal to be at least aware, maybe even slightly jealous, that someone has been there before you. It's just something that we acknowledge and never think about again.

To stress about it to the point of a breakdown though is definitely an over-reaction. Chill out mate. Chill out big time.

youre 18, youre being childish and insecure. its normal. you probably think she compares you to him every time you guys have sex or something equally as stupid. dont assume anything about her unless she says so. its not your job to play detective or whatever scheme you have cooked up in your head.

your insecurities will most likely push her away and ruin an otherwise good relationship. you will post about that in gaf, then get over it and hopefully have a better relationship next time.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I definitely never freaked out to that extent, but it's normal to be bothered by it a little bit in that situation. It definitely took me some time to get used to but I have done so. Just hang in there and the feeling should pass.

Don't worry, you won't always be a relationship retard. As you get older and life gets faster, worrying about these things becomes too much of a hassle and you just start to roll with whatever.

Suairyu

Banned
I'm starting to get worried - I was certain I wrote out a reply involving dicks being sucked and posted it here. Now I'm afraid the reply went into another thread and people will be reading about murder or something and then their day will be ruined by some asshole duck talking about dicks being sucked completely out of context.

If anyone stumbles across that post, please point it out to me and accept my sincerest apologies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I bet the other dude's dick was bigger than yours too.

Get over it. Either date some crazy religious woman who is waiting until marriage, or deal with it (enter sunglasses).

Luixfern

Man, this is the best thing that could happen. Think of it this way, she already had some flavors from baskin robbins yet she chose to settle for vanilla.

-x.Red.x-

EviLore said:
Just picture me comforting her as I gently thrust inside of her for the first time, looking into her eyes, in a moment that she'll remember forever, that no other man can live up to. Our special moment locked in time.

Evilore always delivers

Chinner

Banned
Suairyu said:
I'm starting to get worried - I was certain I wrote out a reply involving dicks being sucked and posted it here. Now I'm afraid the reply went into another thread and people will be reading about murder or something and then their day will be ruined by some asshole duck talking about dicks being sucked completely out of context.

If anyone stumbles across that post, please point it out to me and accept my sincerest apologies.
thats pretty rough bro, you alright? i'm going to japan this summer to find a waifu you want to come with me see some new sites help you find your meaning again?

jet1911

You must be really jealous or insecure if you care that much about that. Work on that because your next girlfriend probably wont be virgin tight either.

Suairyu

Banned
Chinner said:
thats pretty rough bro, you alright? i'm going to japan this summer to find a waifu you want to come with me see some new sites help you find your meaning again?
After the last migration, this bill is illegal in most of the Asian Pacific. It's a long story.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Traced-Velocity said:
Sigh. Just had a bit of a breakdown tonight.

I've been dating this girl for about a year now, and she's someone that I've admired, and cared for for the time we've been dating. Almost everything about her I adore, but the one thing that's always been bugging me in the back of my mind is the fact that she's been in a serious relationship before me.

As unreasonable, and childish as that may be, I just haven't been able to get over the fact that she's had serious feelings for someone before me, and more so the sexual activity that took place. It makes me feel jealous, and even at times angered/resentful. It's not like we haven't done anything either, hell I was in around a month into the relationship, whereas the other dude took 7 months. Yeah, I know, that's just what people do, get the fuck over it, but I can't for the life of me figure out why it bothers me so much, and now it's gotten to the point where I feel like I'm just pushing her away every time I try to bring it up with her.

Tonight I flew off the handle and decided to try and drink my emotions away. I've never had alcohol before this, and in doing what I did, it really worried and angered her with how I was dealing with the situation.

So, I turn to you GAF. I figured some advice from anonymous people might help. Am I just childish and I should get the fuck over it, or is it somewhat reasonable that I'm having these feelings.

And if age is a concern, I'm 18.

Guess what. When your insecurities screw this relationship up, you'll be tainted goods too when/if you enter into your next relationship.

Articate

Banned
Prediction:
You'll lose this girl because you're unrealistic and immature. I never got people that were bothered by girls having been with someone before them. What do you expect them to do? Just sit around until you come along, because you're the only one that could possibly be the one for them, and they should just instinctively know to wait for you?

But don't worry. You'll lose her. One way or another. When it happens, please don't bullshit yourself about you no longer wanting to be with her, or something. Get the experience you need out of it, it's the only way to prevent yourself from losing the next girl you come acorss. Then you'll realise why it is ridiculous to expect a girl to never have been with anyone else.

ZAK

My situation is actually pretty similar to yours. I even know the guy. He lives the next apartment down from me. But, more to the point, I'm not unreasonable about it. Sometimes it's unpleasant to think about, but even that seems ridiculous to me. All there is to this is to stop being so selfish. Maybe easier said than done, but there's not much more to say.

Traced-Velocity said:
Sigh. Just had a bit of a breakdown tonight.

I've been dating this girl for about a year now, and she's someone that I've admired, and cared for for the time we've been dating. Almost everything about her I adore, but the one thing that's always been bugging me in the back of my mind is the fact that she's been in a serious relationship before me.

As unreasonable, and childish as that may be, I just haven't been able to get over the fact that she's had serious feelings for someone before me, and more so the sexual activity that took place. It makes me feel jealous, and even at times angered/resentful. It's not like we haven't done anything either, hell I was in around a month into the relationship, whereas the other dude took 7 months. Yeah, I know, that's just what people do, get the fuck over it, but I can't for the life of me figure out why it bothers me so much, and now it's gotten to the point where I feel like I'm just pushing her away every time I try to bring it up with her.

Tonight I flew off the handle and decided to try and drink my emotions away. I've never had alcohol before this, and in doing what I did, it really worried and angered her with how I was dealing with the situation.

So, I turn to you GAF. I figured some advice from anonymous people might help. Am I just childish and I should get the fuck over it, or is it somewhat reasonable that I'm having these feelings.

And if age is a concern, I'm 18.

As others have said, get over it.

You're going to be with people that have a sexual history, and the ONLY thing that should concern you about that history is if they're clean (STI/STD) or not. Nothing else matters.

If you keep going down this route she's going to leave you and rightfully so. Everyone comes with baggage in a relationship and it sounds like what's bothering you isn't even the right type of 'baggage'. When she leaves you you'll either do 2 things:
1) Blame her and continue down this path
2) Realize what a fuck up you made and grow up

Do yourself a favor and grow up now so you can avoid #1 all together.

From what I can tell, You've missed your one chance at happiness. You are now not as pure as you wanted your ideal mate to be, and when you meet the next one this problem will haunt you.

I could say that you'll get older and outgrow this kind of behavior, but you are 18, fully grown, and there is no more development past that stage of your life. Get used to who you are now, because it never changes. How you feel now is how you will feel in the future, so it's totally ok to make all future decisions based off of what you know.

Traced-Velocity said:
We're both done school in April, and she's looking to transfer somewhere close. No point in giving up now since I'm in, what I feel is, the home stretch.
If I were to give you any advice, and no need to heed it because it seems like you have things figured out, it would be that there is no home stretch in a relationship. Long-Distance or short, unless you are talking about the end, then it's always a journey.

EviLore said:

To help cinge the image into the OP's brain...

m9puo6.gif

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I can't see you two sticking together for very long if you're flying off the handle like this at something so pathetic and small. Better change your outlook on life a grow up a little, people have lived outside of what they've done in your presence.

But hey, it's Valentine's day tomorrow, so get drunk again and make her feel awkward.

clav

At least you have a girlfriend. I'm almost 24, and I'm prepared to never ever have a partner for the rest of my life granted how I look how my parents' relationship turned out.

You can't always have everything.

Also, :lol EviLore.

EviLore said:

Instigator said:
To help cinge the image into the OP's brain...

http://i51.tinypic.com/m9puo6.gif

:lol

Traced-Velocity said:
Probably the same way she's reacting right now, feeling guilty when she shouldn't be feeling that way. Maybe I'm just a idealistic, selfish prick for reacting the way I am.

You answered your own question.

Holy crap this thread is dumb. Why would you even bother talking about past dicks that have been inside her? That's like "hey, I want to feel jealous and territorial, please tell me all about the past guys". Argh, my brain hurts at the reasons for this thread.

My current girlfriend has a baby and was engaged to be married to someone before dating me.
Doesn't bother me one bit. At the end of the day shes on her knees, sucking MY cock. I mean, if that isn't reassurance, idk what is.

_Bro

Banned
Wormdundee said:
Holy crap this thread is dumb. Why would you even bother talking about past dicks that have been inside her? That's like "hey, I want to feel jealous and territorial, please tell me all about the past guys". Argh, my brain hurts at the reasons for this thread.
Seriously. Pee on her and get it over with.

Erudite

I'm a little confused as to where all the posts about blaming her for the way I feel came from. Never once did I intentionally try and blame her, I realize it's a stupid thing to get hung over about.
Zenith said:
Are you 14?
Being in an Asian family, it took quite awhile before my parents lightened up on shit like having a girlfriend. I was on their leash for quite a bit of time during my early teen years till I realized that life isn't long. I was surprised that they didn't flip when I brought home a white girl.
Anslon said:
If I were to give you any advice, and no need to heed it because it seems like you have things figured out, it would be that there is no home stretch in a relationship. Long-Distance or short, unless you are talking about the end, then it's always a journey.
I was more so talking about the fact that she'd be back home for more than just a few weeks after the semester is over, so by then I could figure out whether or not my irrationality stemmed from her being away.
Chinner said:
yeah you're a bit of a tool. also, don't objectify your girlfriend its creepy.
It wasn't my intention to objectify her. Probably came across that way in my post because I was dead tired and still feeling like shit while making the op. I treat her with the utmost respect when I'm around her, whether or not anyone believes me due to how childish my posts have looked. My intention with the little quip about how long it was before anything happened was just to get across the fact that my insecurities don't stem from any 'performance' issues, but rather just my idealistic way of thinking.
Wormdundee said:
I never asked her to describe a situation in which anything happened, but at one point she did; not in great detail anything, but enough to hang my thoughts on it ever since. I mean, it's bugged me from the start of our relationship, but the scenario that she told me about is always the thing I come back to when I start hanging up over the fact that someone's been with her before. Still no excuse for the way I'm reacting though.

Traced-Velocity said:
I never asked her to describe a situation in which anything happened, but at one point she did; not in great detail anything, but enough to hang my thoughts on it ever since. Still no excuse for the way I'm reacting though.

Is the girl also Asian? What about her first BF's race?

Well at least you realize you're being a bit of a bitch about this whole thing. Now all you gotta do is man-up, build a bridge, and get the hell over it.
The fact the shes been plugged before isn't going to change, so what you're doing right now is wasting time and emotional energy being all fussy over, what is really, a small and insignificant fact.
Shes with YOU now, not him. Enjoy it.

Traced-Velocity said:
White. Dude was white.

Is it possible this has something to do with it? Not implying racism on your part, but maybe feelings of inadequacies on your part?

It's totally plausible any guy's dick in your GF would drive you jealous.

Instigator said:
Is it possible this has something to do with it? Not implying racism on your part, but maybe feelings of inadequacies on your part?

Did you just make an Asians have small penises joke?

Donos

He went through the front door but maybe you are the first to go through the backdoor... go conquer the last frontier !

Erudite

Instigator said:

Nah, I've thought about it that way. Never once have I felt inadequate, we have great chemistry.

The more I've thought about it, the more I realize my idealistic feelings probably come from the fact that my parents were both each others first, and I guess I wanted that for myself too; I don't have anyone to blame but myself if I really wanted that though, I screwed that up myself, knowing full well of what I was getting into. I know it's the 21st century, and yeah, it's time for me to get the fuck over it.
Pinko Marx said:
:lol
Donos said:
He went through the front door but maybe you are the first to go through the backdoor... go conquer the last frontier !
I tried! It ended in blood, tears, and mudslides! ;( (In all seriousness, I've made my mark there.)

Pinko Marx said:

I realize that could be interpreted that way, but I was more going in the direction that she had been with 'one of her own'.

V_Arnold

To the OP.

Stop being pretentious!
Really, you GOTTA decide what you want.

If you say "omg, jealous, cant help it, omg", that DOES NOT resonate well with "I do not know what I would do if I lost her".

Well, you WILL lose her if you what you do. If you are with your girlfriend and you do not act naturally, but with some jealousy over the past, sooner or later, she will have to break up with you.

So you do not get to say "what would I do without her" when you do not mean it. If you DO mean it, realize that she is not a property of yours, but is another human being with a past and a future. You want to be part of her future? Man up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom