• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Girlfriend-age.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Traced-Velocity said:
I made this thread expecting most of you guys to be; kinda surprised at how many serious responses I've gotten.

Nevertheless, the metaphorical punch to the gut and getting yelled at to man the fuck up seems to have helped.

If it's any consolation, she will dump your ass in a few months, if not weeks. She'll find someone better, which reading this thread, doesn't sound like it'll be much of a challenge, and you'll cry about it for a year and go all CrushDance on us by posting Haikus every other hour until you can post Haikus no more.

Then you'll probably starting drinking harshly, get in trouble with your parents, go through months of emotional turmoil and then, maybe a few years down the road, you might not be such a bitch anymore.

Also, I have absolutely no faith that you'll man the fuck up and do the right thing. I've known people like you, and at the end of the day, you'll go back to being an emotional insecure jackass and you'll bring whichever unlucky girl you end up dating down with you.

You have problems, pretty severe emotional problems, and you're an ass for bringing someone along for the ride while you try and iron them out. It's completely unfair to them and you'll probably end up crushing them along the way.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
SpectreFire said:
If it's any consolation, she will dump your ass in a few months, if not weeks. She'll find someone better, which reading this thread, doesn't sound like it'll be much of a challenge, and you'll cry about it for a year and go all CrushDance on us by posting Haikus every other hour until you can post Haikus no more.

Then you'll probably starting drinking harshly, get in trouble with your parents, go through months of emotional turmoil and then, maybe a few years down the road, you might not be such a bitch anymore.

Also, I have absolutely no faith that you'll man the fuck up and do the right thing. I've known people like you, and at the end of the day, you'll go back to being an emotional insecure jackass and you'll bring whichever unlucky girl you end up dating down with you.

You have problems, pretty severe emotional problems, and you're an ass for bringing someone along for the ride while you try and iron them out. It's completely unfair to them and you'll probably end up crushing them along the way.

Nah, you're not a bitter husk of a person. Don't listen to this guy. You'll probably be fine, OP.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Drinky Crow said:
it certainly isn't in our nature as "men." it may be in our nature -- well, YOUR nature -- as insecure, overanalytical nerdzors, but our nature is to HIT DAT SHIT. hit it proper, have a good time, LEARN ABOUT LIFE AND LOVE, and quit trying to analyze and solve for a past that isn't yours to quantify and a future you are as yet unready to determine.

That's cute, and I'm sure it's a great way to live for a joke character on the internet, but in the real world things aren't that simple. We all have our moments like this, whether or not we like to admit it.

Sounds like you're the type that wants something that you can't have. In this case it's being her first time or taking her virginity. Well that's impossible for you to have so it's all you can think about. you're never going to be happy this way. Just realize that in like 95% of relationships, both parties are NOT losing their virginity together. That just rarely happens these days. This is your first relationship so maybe you were a little oblivious to this reality, but it is what it is and if you really love her, you can look past it.

Zenith

Banned
Traced-Velocity said:
Otherwise I'd probably be sitting face to face with her trying to get over this hurdle together.

Wow, all your knowledge of relationships really does come from after-school specials.

You'll force the issue and make things worse. Stop over-thinking it.

kamspy

soultron said:
OP: Most of us felt that way at some point. The sooner you get over it, the sooner you can start having a healthy relationship. Drowning your insecurities in alcohol isn't manly at all. Face your problem head on and deal with it properly.

This. I was on that dumb shit when I was a kid too. Faster you get over it the better.

racerx77

Banned
Have YOU ever been with anyone else before her? :D (yes I know she is your first girlfriend, but I'm speaking purely about physical stuff.)

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Her past had to happen for her present to exist... She could be dead or in a different state if she never met that guy. Everyone's life can be traced back through a series of forks.

When people keep obsessing over this kind of thing it will make them clingy/controlling/jealous. It usually ends in a break up. You either stalk her for a year or realize it was a needed lesson.

Then... guess what?

The better version of you, who had a past serious relationship, had a chain of events that lead you to the new person.

Leaving the house 10 mins late can be the reason you do not meet a person.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Her past had to happen for her present to exist...

She could be dead or in a different state if she never met that guy. Your life can be traced back through a series of forks.

When people keep obsessing over this kind of thing it will make them clingy/controlling/jealous. It usually ends in a break up You either stalk her for a year or realize it was a needed lesson.

Then... guess what? The better version of you, who had a past serious relationship, had a chain of events that lead you to the new person.
exact;y:
if you lived in a world were she was a virgin, you might have cancer now.

you dont want cancer do you, op?

Shanadeus

Banned
DeathNote said:
Her past had to happen for her present to exist... She could be dead or in a different state if she never met that guy. Everyone's life can be traced back through a series of forks.

When people keep obsessing over this kind of thing it will make them clingy/controlling/jealous. It usually ends in a break up. You either stalk her for a year or realize it was a needed lesson.

Then... guess what?

The better version of you, who had a past serious relationship, had a chain of events that lead you to the new person.

This as well.
Your girlfriend wouldn't exist if her past was any different.

It's worth noting that she isn't her past, they're two separate persons when you get down to it.

Nose Master

The fuck good is talking about it going to do? You mine as well talk to her about your inevitable death. It's 100% out of your control, and therefore shouldn't be a concern. You won't be able to come to some magical conclusion that erases your insecurity, or erases her past.

Hylian7

DeathNote said:

Then... guess what?

999_Cover_Art.jpg

Magnus

My best friend's been dealing with this hurdle for a very long time too. He's 2-3 years into his relationship, and the (5-year) ex is a brutal worry to him, especially because the girlfriend occasionally chats with him or something. It's his first gf, very much like the OP's, but he's older.

I never have any good consolation or advice for him, but the less harsh comments in this thread have given me something to work with.

Chemo

Holy shit. You need to turn this insane reaction to her not being put on this planet solely for your pleasure out of your head and be fine with that shit immediately, or you'll be starting a thread called "Last girlfriend" in a few months.

Not to be cruel, but being nice and trying to reason with you is not what you need from me or anyone else. This is man-the-fuck-up time if you want to keep this thing you have with her. This mindset is not only crazy but it's also completely unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom