• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balb

TheOGB said:
hey, fuck you buddy

The only starter that isn't awesome is
Chikorita

I like Meganium quite a bit but I admit that it's pretty boring to use in-game. It doesn't even learn leech seed naturally, and it barely learns any good offensive moves beyond level 8 or so (razor leaf)

Raxus

DoomXploder7 said:
personally i'm basing my opinions on how they look mostly . also Gen V i picked snivy cause i like that line, dissapointed with tepig line both in looks and it being fire/fight again and oshawott is cute and dewott is boss but the quadruped samurott is disappointing compared to dewott but growing on me.
Oshawatt line doesn't even make sense. Even the squirtle line kept the turtle theme. Oshawott turns into a narwhal.

Tepig line is great. Snivy is a prick.

Gravijah

Balb said:
I like Meganium quite a bit but I admit that it's pretty boring to use in-game. It doesn't even learn leech seed naturally, and it barely learns any good offensive moves beyond level 8 or so (razor leaf)

All of the Gen II starters are horrible in game. Uuuuugh.

yea if i had to pick an absolutely least favorite starter it would have to go to chikorita. I dont think i've ever picked it for anything other than a "use all 3 play" through.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Balb said:
Eh, I have an affinity for Meganium just because I managed to beat Red in Gold with only an underleveled Meganium and Umbreon. Twelve year old me was very proud.

Balb

Gravijah said:
All of the Gen II starters are horrible in game. Uuuuugh.

They really beefed up the totodile line in HGSS though. He gets crunch and ice fang, plus you can teach it waterfall. In g/s/c though, yeah, all three kind of sucked.

Gravijah

Balb said:
They really beefed up the totodile line in HGSS though. He gets crunch and ice fang, plus you can teach it waterfall. In g/s/c though, yeah, all three kind of sucked.

GAF made me choose Cyndaquil in my SS run through! :(

Wiseblade

D-Pad said:
Ha! Now let's see Gen II. Hint, Croconaw's comment should say, "WTF?!"

Spr_5b_152.png
- Cutest thing ever.
Spr_5b_155.png
- Pretty good.
Spr_5b_158.png
- Nice.

Spr_5b_153.png
- It's not terrible...
Spr_5b_156.png
- I like where this is going.
Spr_5b_159.png
- Wait, what?

Spr_5b_154_m.png
- RUINED FOREVER
Spr_5b_157.png
- Ewww...
Spr_5b_160.png
- The best of a bad bunch.

I love all of Gen I and Gen II's starters and their evolutions. The rest are kind of "meh." Rose-tinted glasses, bitches!

I do like Mudkip though.

Wichu

Gah, just started training my Sigilyph, and 6 levels later, remembered it didn't have Magic Guard. Time to catch another one (and box this one, to be traded on the GTS later).

Also, is it just me, or are 5th gen's shiny colours generally lame? There's a few awesome ones (e.g. Haxorus), but most of them just strike me as garish or really un-colour-coordinated. 4th gen was the best for shiny colours IMO (even taking into account Garchomp).

EDIT: Why the Meganium hate? It's my favourite 2nd gen starter appearance-wise (being the only one that isn't just a bigger and meaner version of its first form).

Oh, and Water starters for life! Other than Feraligatr :mad:

oh and does Game freak have soem kind of fear against making a quadrupedal fire last form both cyndaquil and tepig should have been in my opinion.

Arren

Damn it, I'm at Victory Road and seconds ago a friend of mine inadvertently spoiled a significant part of the final moments.

I know, it's not a big deal especially for a title of this series, but I was kind of looking forward to discover it all by myself. Oh well. :(

Balb

Anyone have a vullaby for trade? I don't have many rare Pokemon from Gen V but I have just about every Pokemon from previous gens that I can trade. Let me know, my FC is in the google doc.

DoomXploder7 said:
oh and does Game freak have soem kind of fear against making a quadrupedal fire last form both cyndaquil and tepig should have been in my opinion.

Gamefreak was probably planning on making it a quadrupedal Fire/Ground type warthog, but then decided that would be too awesome and decided to make it yet another bipedal Fire/Fighting mixed attacker.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Obsessed said:
Gamefreak was probably planning on making it a quadrupedal Fire/Ground type warthog, but then decided that would be too awesome and decided to make it yet another bipedal Fire/Fighting mixed attacker.
Thats seriously, what, three gens in a row now? Why can't we ever get like...Fire/Ground or maybe Fire/Psychic or something cool like that.

Wiseblade

Spr_5b_387.png
- Nice, but GF will ruin it somehow...
Spr_5b_390.png
- hehe, firebutt...
Spr_5b_393.png
- Aww!

Spr_5b_388.png
- Nice! But don't they'll still ruin it...
Spr_5b_391.png
- Boring...
Spr_5b_394.png
- Double meh.

Spr_5b_389.png
- No way! It's actually good!
Spr_5b_392.png
- Pretty cool.
Spr_5b_395.png
- This is it. The best Pokémon ever made. Nothing will ever compare to this.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Wiseblade said:
Spr_5b_387.png
Spr_5b_390.png
- hehe, firebutt...
Spr_5b_393.png
- Aww!

Spr_5b_388.png
Spr_5b_391.png
- Boring...
Spr_5b_394.png
- Double meh.

Spr_5b_389.png
Spr_5b_392.png
- Pretty cool.
Spr_5b_395.png

Only the grass line is good.

the rest are from the wrong cartoon.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
HolyCheck said:
Only the grass line is good.

the rest are from the wrong cartoon.

No. They are all awesome.

The fire line in Gen 3 is the only one from the wrong cartoon.

Wiseblade said:
Spr_5b_387.png
Spr_5b_390.png
- hehe, firebutt...
Spr_5b_393.png
- Aww!

Spr_5b_388.png
Spr_5b_391.png
- Boring...
Spr_5b_394.png
- Double meh.

Spr_5b_389.png
Spr_5b_392.png
- Pretty cool.
Spr_5b_395.png

2vkxksn.jpg

Roto13

Balb said:
Anyone have a vullaby for trade? I don't have many rare Pokemon from Gen V but I have just about every Pokemon from previous gens that I can trade. Let me know, my FC is in the google doc.
I can breed you one. I'm looking for a Hitmonchan if you have one to spare.

Does anyone with White version want to trade Blitzles that know Charge? I want to get the Cell Battery from Opelucid City.

FC: 0303 9099 2313

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
UltimateIke said:
Does anyone with White version want to trade Blitzles that know Charge? I want to get the Cell Battery from Opelucid City.

FC: 0303 9099 2313

Oh, I do! Before I forget. 1764 2003 2436. I'll be on asap.

survivor

Banned
Since we are all talking about starters

Water: Empoleon and Blastoise are clearly the best 2 Water starters for me. The rest are good too but just can't compete.

Grass: Torterra and Venusaur easily. Sceptile isn't that badass and Serperior is fucking stupid

Fire: They all look the same to me. Though I would put Typhlosion last on the list.

Wiseblade

Spr_5b_495.png
- Dat Smugness.
498.png
- Aww!
501.png
- No. Just... No.

Spr_5b_496.png
- Damnit GF!
499.png
- Boo! Why aren't you a quadruped?
502.png