• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

wwm0nkey said:
This!

At first I thought I would LOVE this new melee system...yeah not really anymore.

EDIT: Oh also do you guys think this TU could bring people back to Reach if it is beefy enough?
(things like no bloom, better melee, 1-50 ranks, faster base speed and individual weapon damage modifiers)
If every single one of those areas was worked on, there would be a flood of players returning, a massive flood for that matter. It wouldn't even be the same game anymore.

tonitoni

I hope the TU fixes the framerate. I'm tired of playing at 10-20fps all the time. Half of the campaign runs at 20fps for me, and in multiplayer if an enemy is close like 1 meter ahead = 20fps. 3 enemies on screen with armor effects? 20fps. Glacier? 20 fps even without enemies. Team classic playlist maps? 20fps.
Maybe it's just my 360 because I don't see many people complaining about this.

Homeboyd

Cover art!

HALO-GLASSLAND-HC-1-(2).jpg

feel

Hot cover
Ramirez said:
I see it this way, there's no possible way they could make the game any worse than it already is in my eyes, so it gives me some hope.
Yessss. I love you. And that's why I wait for Halo 4 with excitement too, it can't possibly be worse than Reach.

Woorloog

Banned
Looks like a draft. Elite mandibles are a tad big and the name and writer's name font is... uh, plain. Dunno.
EDIT yeah right, "*cover art not final"
Cool cover otherwise though.

Homeboyd said:
Wat

Just sayin..
That is something different. 343i has a panel with Greg O'Bear and Karen Traviss as guests. Because of these 2 guests, I don't think that we won't get a lot of information. Tbh I want an annoucement of the second Forerunner book at Comic-Con instead of TU details.

Hot cover. I hope that I don't have to wait 2months for the Book :/

Homeboyd

Hypertrooper said:
That is something different. 343i has a panel with Greg O'Bear and Karen Traviss as guests. Because of these 2 guests, I don't think that we won't get a lot of information. Tbh I want an annoucement of the second Forerunner book at Comic-Con instead of TU details.

Hot cover. I hope that I don't have to wait 2months for the Book :/
Ah, good to know. I didn't know who would be appearing for 343.

And I don't want to wait another 5 months for some new DLC! Money burnin a hole in my pocket...

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
The simple fact that there's an ODST and an Elite on the cover is enough to get me excited about where the story is heading. I think Glasslands will serve as the best place to look for hints to see where Halo is heading storywise.

O D I N

Striker said:
282j9et.jpg

Not sure if it qualifies as being 'new', however. Great counter to Snipers, Rockets, Banshee, and Wraith.

Only when you have a driver and gunner that compliment each other.

Too many times have I see the Warthog used for stupid, rather than good.

The same applies to my beloved Falcon. <3

Yay new book! :D

Dani said:
The simple fact that there's an ODST and an Elite on the cover is enough to get me excited about where the story is heading. I think Glasslands will serve as the best place to look for hints to see where Halo is heading storywise.
I wonder why there is an ODST and an Elite on the cover. I thought this was continuing the story of Dr. Halsey and the Spartans in the Shield World? I guess this means that Grasslands will start a new storyline with new characters?

Also, I hope Grasslands picks up where Nylund left off regarding the Dusk. He seemed to be hinting at a connection with the crew of the Dusk and whatever happens with Dr. Halsey and the rest of the group.

Edit: Looks like I missed half of the story on Waypoint.

Mother fucker.

I got home from camp yesterday, so this morning I was excited to play Halo.

Load it up, and Bam!

4dU0ll.jpg

:( Tragic

Edit: Hmm... So it looks like it's just my Reach CD that is ruined. What god awful timing.

k1VGkl.jpg

On a good note: Jesus this game is good... I am playing the campaign at the moment. Nostalgia is overwhelming.

hahahahahahahahahah

Games on Demand is a joke.

Halo: Reach $69.99

One second MS, let me grab some lipstick and a bottle of lube before we set this up.

Tawpgun

Look cool, but I still want the Forerunner novel more.

Looks like Glasslands and "Cryptum 2" will compliment each other in regards to Halo 4. Glasslands is showing us whats happening in the universe at the time of Halo 4, and Cryptum 2 is showing us more about the forerunners and where we'll be fighting.

Devin Olsen said:
hahahahahahahahahah

One second MS, let me grab some lipstick and a bottle of lube before we set this up.
Probably doesn't come with the DLC either, huh?

Homeboyd

Wonder how/if the TU will affect Forge... The Gauss Hog is obviously an issue but Im wondering more along the lines of functionality and more options.

Perhaps a new FW would be the appropriate remedy.

Booties said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww8QjK7VvdI

This should help you get better at countdown. Consider this a free lesson.
That was beautiful, thank you.

Homeboyd said:
Nice! I wish I had recorded my one and only TS Perfection (on Cliffhanger, no less). Stupidly went and watched Waypoint before I remembered that it zeroed out your game history. :-(

Homeboyd said:
Perhaps a new FW would be the appropriate remedy.
I'm still pulling for one of the final maps being a Human Forge World with the default layout a remake of Headlong. The framerate could probably be manageable, since the overall size of the map would only need to be about a third the size of Forge World to fit Headlong and still give mapmakers an ample canvas.

Does the CEA disc have Forge? I seem to recall a comment about it having the "full Reach multiplayer experience" and just interpreted that to mean Custom games and Theater (for multiplayer). If it indeed has a Forge mode, it would feel like a step back to Halo 3's launch functionality of only moving around weapons and the occasional crate.

The CEA disc has multiplayer, but it only has those 6 multiplayer maps (and 1 Firefight map). It doesn't have Forge World.

Look at the current Team Classic playlist, it's nothing BUT Forge World maps. Sure, we won't need Hydra XII or High Noon now that we have dedicated CEA maps for Damnation and Hang 'em High, but the CEA playlist is going to feel empty without the current Forge World remakes of Wizard, Lockout, etc.

A new Forge World on the CEA disc would give that "Classic ++" playlist unlimited potential, and it would also be fantastic for normal Reach users as well. That is, assuming it has a different palette than the normal Forge World; there's not much reason to make a Forge map on Tempest right now, you gain a framerate bonus but not everyone has Tempest. A new Forge World would need to be a required map for multiple playlists to make it worthwhile.

ncsuDuncan said:
I'm still pulling for one of the final maps being a Human Forge World with the default layout a remake of Headlong. The framerate could probably be manageable, since the overall size of the map would only need to be about a third the size of Forge World to fit Headlong and still give mapmakers an ample canvas.

Does the CEA disc have Forge? I seem to recall a comment about it having the "full Reach multiplayer experience" and just interpreted that to mean Custom games and Theater (for multiplayer). If it indeed has a Forge mode, it would feel like a step back to Halo 3's launch functionality of only moving around weapons and the occasional crate.

The CEA disc has multiplayer, but it only has those 6 multiplayer maps (and 1 Firefight map). It doesn't have Forge World.

Look at the current Team Classic playlist, it's nothing BUT Forge World maps. Sure, we won't need Hydra XII or High Noon now that we have dedicated CEA maps for Damnation and Hang 'em High, but the CEA playlist is going to feel empty without the current Forge World remakes of Wizard, Lockout, etc.

A new Forge World on the CEA disc would give that "Classic ++" playlist unlimited potential, and it would also be fantastic for normal Reach users as well. That is, assuming it has a different palette than the normal Forge World; there's not much reason to make a Forge map on Tempest right now, you gain a framerate bonus but not everyone has Tempest. A new Forge World would need to be a required map for multiple playlists to make it worthwhile.

I could see headlong being really great with forge.

MrBig

In the Bulliten last night they were saying that they were bring a whole new experience that ~"people from both CEA and Reach" can enjoy. So it could very well be a new forgeworld.
Headlong seems like the most obvious map to do it on.

Tawpgun

If we're making a human forge world it needs to be more than just Headlong. We need a base headlong, perhaps add alleyways for Turf, and a tram station for Terminal.

Then add a big open park.

But most importantly, do what Forge World didn't let us do and let us go outside the map and forge on the rooftops.

Homeboyd

A27 Tawpgun said:
If we're making a human forge world it needs to be more than just Headlong. We need a base headlong, perhaps add alleyways for Turf, and a tram station for Terminal.

But most importantly, do what Forge World didn't let us do and let us go outside the map and forge on the rooftops.
Somewhat relevant

A27 Tawpgun said:

Campaign lost platoon park?

If it gets to big, won't we have frame rate issues.

MrBig

A27 Tawpgun said:

No. I do not want anything close to as expansive as forgeworld.
I want the huge rectangle that it Headlong, an expansive forge set like in FW, and pieces to build maps like turf as in what was done to lockout and ascension, have the water not be kill zoned off, and a human environment opens the door to as much use as color as possible so that better be utilized.

Devin Olsen said:
hahahahahahahahahah

What? That's in the US? It released for $59.99, was on sale its first week for $49.99, and was on sale during the end of May for $39.99. How the hell does it end up at $69.99?

MrBig said:
No. I do not want anything close to as expansive as forgeworld.
I want the huge rectangle that it Headlong, an expansive forge set like in FW, and pieces to build maps like turf as in what was done to lockout and ascension, have the water not be kill zoned off, and a human environment opens the door to as much use as color as possible so that better be utilized.

this is pretty much my sentiment, however I think they could EASILY make a forge world with headlong and one other halo 2 city map.

HiredN00bs said:
What? That's in the US? It released for $59.99, was on sale its first week for $49.99, and was on sale during the end of May for $39.99. How the hell does it end up at $69.99?

Have to pay someone to hook up those interconnected tubes.

Louis Wu

Homeboyd said:
The whole "let's ignore the 3rd flag and just pad our K/D on this BK team that's sharing a single screen" thing made me sad. :(

Destroying a crappy team you get matched up against? That happens all the time. Dragging an objective game out for boatloads of kills? That's obnoxious.

Just sayin'.

Devin Olsen said:
hahahahahahahahahah

Wow, Canadians get more screwed than Americans. (It's $59.99 here. Still ridiculous, since you can buy it at Amazon for $40,but cheaper than what you see.)

Homeboyd

Louis Wu said:
The whole "let's ignore the 3rd flag and just pad our K/D on this BK team that's sharing a single screen" thing made me sad. :(

Destroying a crappy team you get matched up against? That happens all the time. Dragging an objective game out for boatloads of kills? That's obnoxious.

Just sayin'.
Yeah I was sort of joking.. that video was pretty bad in many ways.

*steps over DMR, picks up Needler*

Plus I had the opportunity to get my first cutting crew... which I desperately wanted. And it was from back in October. Don't be sad. I've improved (at least I hope).

Louis Wu

Homeboyd said:
Yeah I was sort of joking.. that video was pretty bad in many ways.

*steps over DMR, picks up Needler*

Plus it was from back in October. Don't be sad. I've improved (at least I hope).
lol - I wondered about that. :)

Your whole TEAM was doing that. (The awful part was... it was working anyway.)

Top Bottom