• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT4| This Thread is Not Your Grave, But You Are Welcome In It

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
HiredN00bs said:
So when Halo 4 comes out, Reach will be classic by the same rationale.

Yes, it would be. But just like how Halo 3 is given a wide berth right now with Reach (because they are both "active" - hence no map remakes in Reach), I imagine Halo 4 will give Reach a similar or wider berth.

Falt

Kuroyume said:
- Beef up the pistol (damage, rate of fire, and clip size)

Really? The pistol is my go to gun after the DMR. Clip size maybe, but it's pretty damn good as is. Beefing it up even slightly would lead to a lot of crying and an eventual nerf down the line.

Zeouterlimits said:
Holy smokes, here it's €69.99 on GoD. That has to be a mistake, the RRP isn't even that...

I saw the Collectors Edition (big box of madness) for that price in Harvey Normans just last week.

Falt said:
Really? The pistol is my go to gun after the DMR. Clip size maybe, but it's pretty damn good as is. Beefing it up even slightly would lead to a lot of crying and an eventual nerf down the line.
It does need more bullets and less bloom though

Woorloog

Banned
Give us back the beta pistol. That thing was a beast, but i don't think it's OP, the small magazine was good there.
Or make the pistol a tad more accurate (less bloom) and increase the mag size by two (two kills, if you're good).
EDIT, considering the pistols skill requirement, it's a tad weak compared to AR ATM.

Nutter

Dani said:
Yes, it would be. But just like how Halo 3 is given a wide berth right now with Reach (because they are both "active" - hence no map remakes in Reach), I imagine Halo 4 will give Reach a similar or wider berth.
Actually I wouldn't put Halo Reach as a classic when 4 comes out. 3 though by then will and should be considered a classic. And to answer that noob guy, CE does not mean Classic. Sure its a Classic game in the series, but to many many people "classic" settings in MP usually means something out of Halo 2 or 3.

Dani said:
"Classic" Halo is not a single game or a specific Halo game's particular settings.

Classic =/= CE

It was a mention specifically of "Halo CE" not "classic".

Classic and Halo CE are one and the same for me, but I understand that it is not so for others.
Those people are crazy though :p

Falt said:

Did you play the beta? It was significantly better than it is now.

I'm not sure why people would cry about the pistol being good again outside of the H2/H3 heroes that cry foul if the "BR" isn't the best weapon for all combat situations.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Nutter said:
Actually I wouldn't put Halo Reach as a classic when 4 comes out.

Yeah, there was bigger gap between Halo 3 and Reach than there will be between Reach and Halo 4.

There's a massive amount of folks that would be happy to never consider Reach again after Halo 4 hits I'm sure.

GhaleonEB

Steelyuhas said:
Did you play the beta? It was significantly better than it is now.
In what way? The magnum saw two changes from the Beta to final: firing speed was slighly reduced, and the recoil - which was significant - was removed entirely. Clip size and damage are identical; they're the same weapon otherwise. I find the pistol far easier to use in the final game due to the removal of recoil.

Dani said:
Yeah, there was bigger gap between Halo 3 and Reach than there will be between Reach and Halo 4.

There's a massive amount of folks that would be happy to never consider Reach again after Halo 4 hits I'm sure.

As I did with Halo 3 when Reach came out. I'll probably do the same for Reach when 4 comes out, pending this TU which may or may not be epicsause.

Kunohara

So a good friend of mine is turning 30 this Aug, and with this recently popping up, I thought "Awesome. I get one of these for him, and it will blow his fucking mind."

"Excluded Countries: Canada"

FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING CUNTS. I can ship this to fucking Angora and yet not in Canada?

Fuck you.

Woorloog

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
In what way? The magnum saw two changes from the Beta to final: firing speed was slighly reduced, and the recoil - which was significant - was removed entirely. Clip size and damage are identical; they're the same weapon otherwise. I find the pistol far easier to use in the final game due to the removal of recoil.
We could spam it at close range. Faster ROF seemed to reduce bloom's effect. Shoot to the chest and let recoil move the reticule over head...

GhaleonEB said:
it had much less bloom

GhaleonEB said:

The Bloom was changed significantly as well. In the beta, the Pistol had small bloom and heavy amount of recoil, but if you could control the recoil, that thing was game on. In the final game, you have to wait days to fire the weapon, and there is something else with it to. Magnetism, auto-aim (I'm no expert), something like that was changed because it just feels much different use in the final game. Much less powerful.

Thermite

Trasher said:
It better be fucking bigger than just tweaking armor lock lol. That wouldn't improve a damn thing in the overall scheme of things. The game needs some serious help in the fun department because it is the only Halo game that has ever gotten me so pissed in one sitting. I would definitely love to see changes on the other spectrum such as removing reticule bloom or adjusting grenades/weapon damage. Even if the game ends up being as shitty as it currently is, I would still give props to 343 for at least experimenting with it. It would be pretty hilarious if they actually found a way to make this game even less satisfying to play lol. Maybe they can find a way to make the game at least somewhat enjoyable to play by yourself in matchmaking. Pipe dream, I know.

Go play Team Slayer and tell me that a change in armor lock wouldn't help improve someone's experience. :p

Armor lock is the primary reason why I won't even go near Team Slayer anymore. Shit is just on ridiculous levels in that playlist..

And yeah, man, I completely agree with you. I'd love to see reticule bloom altered, or (*prays*) completely gone with a set rate of fire in its place. Same goes for damage bleeding over from shields to health; I'd LOVE to see that again. Grenade damage altered, or maybe the magnetism that we all know exists on frags (don't deny it! :p) be removed, would also make me a very, very happy man.. MAKE IT HAPPEN, 343.

GhaleonEB

Woorloog said:
We could spam it at close range. Faster ROF seemed to reduce bloom's effect. Shoot to the chest and let recoil move the reticule over head...
I have not noticed this. Perhaps it's my skill set, but I found the recoil exceptionally difficult to grapple with and am much more succesful with the pistol in the final game. The only notable downside is the reduction in firing speed, which makes it slighly less effective at point blank range.

GhaleonEB said:
I have not noticed this. Perhaps it's my skill set, but I found the recoil exceptionally difficult to grapple with and am much more succesful with the pistol in the final game. The only notable downside is the reduction in firing speed, which makes it slighly less effective at point blank range.
I find it less effective at any range. The bloom goes to almost full after one shot, and you have to wait forever to get it back

Woorloog

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Frankly, i grasped that "let the recoil move the reticule" idea only later in the beta, and that made the game so much better, AR being completly worthless and DMR being hard to use due hitbox issues. Plasma Repeater was better in the beta IMO, as was DMR (though 15 round mag is good).

The pistol in retail is strange. Half the time the bullet misses if you're outside "red-reticule" range, at least it fills like that, even if you're aiming carefully.

Woorloog said:
Frankly, i grasped that "let the recoil move the reticule" idea only later in the beta, and that made the game so much better, AR being completly worthless and DMR being hard to use due hitbox issues. Plasma Repeater was better in the beta IMO, as was DMR (though 15 round mag is good).
The Beta became so easy when I realized to aim at their foreheads and slightly above.

It's my opinion that the weapons were pretty much all better in the beta

Homeboyd

Thermite said:
MAKE IT HAPPEN, 343.
image-50975799-320x396

O D I N

GhaleonEB said:
Options I'd like to see added:

• Shield system: Classic vs. Reach (melee damage pass through)
  • Damage variables: independent toggles for grenade, melee, weapon damage
  • Vehicle Health: Classic (linked to player), Reach
  • Movement: Classic (removes player inertia), Reach

If bloom goes away, I'd like to see the DMR and Nerfle scopes reduced to 2x from 3x to limit their range.

I agree with everything you said here, and I wanted to highlight the melee pass through. It's essentially ruined Grifball. What would be a kill on the ball carrier, is now a light shove from a mop. I don't like to play Grifball often, but when I do, I want my hammer to god damn kill a man.

Dax01 said:
I hope 343 learns from Bungie's mistakes and doesn't incorporate campaign, multiplayer, and Firefight space across modes. No spaces taken from campaign to be used in multiplayer, and vice versa.

I don't like FF maps being taken from campaign because they, like MP spaces, I feel, hurt the campaign's replayability.

Agree. I like seeing new and different maps. Seeing the same things over and over gets dull. It's hurt Reach in my opinion. Its why I welcome new DLC for this game. Gives me something new to look at.

A27 Tawpgun said:
If they want to keep the laser make that target painter have a LOUD AS HELL sound and be crazy visible.

There was a motivational poster that was the perfect response to this. For the life of me, I can't find it. :( Curses, foiled again.

thezerofire said:
It's my opinion that the weapons were pretty much all better in the beta

Agreed 100%. Give me all the improvements from the beta to the final game, but put the beta weapons in there and I would be one happy camper.

Striker

Dani said:

Reach still has some characteristics of a classic Halo, namely Halo 1. Player health, 2x scope Pistol, wider FOV, etc.

Overall, you have to accept that classic is a term that's clearly subjective. You might consider Halo 3 classic despite its inclusion of equipment, slower movement speed, melee system which has brought simultaneous deaths, whatever. Some others might have the same feeling for Reach. Truth of the matter is both games brought in gimmicks that changed the way the game is played, quite different than the first two games, and while Reach was closer to Halo 1 than either Halo 2 or 3, still had its differences.

No matter what, there's always going to be somebody who's inevitably say no, Reach isn't because of AA's, but each game brought changes from the previous release and some for the better, some obviously not. AA's are no less classic than equipment, and so on. Like me, I have my own set of Halo maps I would consider "classic", and I'm sure you or Steelyuhas has their own vision.

Striker said:
Reach still has some characteristics of a classic Halo, namely Halo 1. Player health, 2x scope Pistol, wider FOV, etc.

Overall, you have to accept that classic is a term that's clearly subjective. You might consider Halo 3 classic despite its inclusion of equipment, slower movement speed, melee system which has brought simultaneous deaths, whatever. Some others might have the same feeling for Reach. Truth of the matter is both games brought in gimmicks that changed the way the game is played, quite different than the first two games, and while Reach was closer to Halo 1 than either Halo 2 or 3, still had its differences.

No matter what, there's always going to be somebody who's inevitably say no, Reach isn't because of AA's, but each game brought changes from the previous release and some for the better, some obviously not. AA's are no less classic than equipment, and so on. Like me, I have my own set of Halo maps I would consider "classic", and I'm sure you or Steelyuhas has their own vision.
I would say that Reach is farther from Halo CE because of AA's, because no other game had abilities that you only got off the spawn

KageMaru from the "CEA" thread (God help me) posted this Tweet from Andy Luedke, graphics developer at 343:

@TimothyLottes I found a couple FXAA3 perf tweaks for the 360 version that speeds it up about 15-20% without changing the results.

One of my biggest complaints about Reach was the ghosting. It creates a sludge-like graphical presentation that muddies the Halo aesthetic. (Well, that and the grain filter.)

Good to hear that 343 is trying to fix it. :^)

Hitmonchan107 said:
KageMaru from the "CEA" thread (God help me) posted this Tweet from Andy Luedke, graphics developer at 343:

One of my biggest complaints about Reach was the ghosting. It creates a sludge-like graphical presentation that muddies the Halo aesthetic. (Well, that and the grain filter.)

Good to hear that 343 is trying to fix it. :^)
what's FXAA3?

darthbob

thezerofire said:
what's FXAA3?

I assume it's the third iteration of FXAA, which in itself is best explained with this quote that I found:
Fred Richardson said:
FXAA is a new anti aliasing technique developed by NVIDIA which provides highly effective edge smoothing, based on image luminance variations. It is designed to be extremely compatible with deferred engines, by avoiding the issues traditional hardware MSAA presents with regards to retrieving sub-pixel depth buffer samples. In addition it has much lower video memory requirements, while still producing extremely high quality results and avoiding slight image blurring which is common to other image based anti aliasing solutions
via HardOCP forums.

kylej said:
Gonna place "We need more Invasion maps" right next to "I hope the TU adds Challenges more than anything" and "Skyboxes are worth Halo 4 running at 30fps instead of 60fps" in the 2011 BK Posting Hall of Fame.

Loooooooooool

Steelyuhas said:
Hopefull this TU is dropping in August and not right before or on CEA's release.

Also, I think everyone needs to take a deep breath and rein in their expectations for the TU. I know everyone got excited because I think most of us didn't expect a TU at this point, but people are talking about removal of bloom from the base Reach gameplay, bringing back 1-50, improving framerate in Forge World...most of these things are the definition of pipe dreams IMO.

The TU will improve the game without a doubt, but some of these suggestions are pretty wild, it's still going to be Reach.

How is that a pipe dream exactly? Or a 'wild suggestion'? The second Halo 3 patch defenestrated the old matchmaking UI and replaced global ranks with an exp rank in each playlist. The Arena has been a categoric failure; I applaud Jeremiah for trying to rescue it from its horribly flawed shipping incarnation - he really did listen to what those on the optimatch forum complained about. However, it was always too late for the Arena. The problem was, Bungie marketed it (in the vidoc particularly) as the go-to playlist for the hardcore player; ranked games aren't just for the hardcore player, and, with respect, if I want to play the most competitive settings, i'll go to MLG (which, ludicrously, isn't ranked), not a Bungie playlist. Plus, I want to know how good I am at Snipes in Reach and i'm sure others want to know how good they are at MLG, Swat, FFA etc.

As for the debate over 'classic' Halo, i'm in the camp that regards 1-3 as classic, not just CE. The anniversary map pack incorporates maps from the first two (and probably three), and if any weapons are being added (big if, in my opinion) then i'd expect it to be a 4 shot BR and not the CE pistol.

Donat

Neo Member
First: TU! Wohoo!

Second: Sorry to interrupt all the speculation, but I finally finished translating our analysis of the credit system.

Flying Jay & Donat said:
The Halo: Reach Credit-System (work in progress)

Q: What does the final credit SUM on a match's end consist of?​
A: SUM = GAME COMPLETE + PERFORMANCE BONUS + COMMENDATIONS + CHALLENGES + JACKPOT

Q: How is GAME COMPLETE calculated?​
A: GAME COMPLETE (or TIME SPENT) = RANK * PLAYLIST * TIME. Digits after commas are dropped.​

Q: What is RANK?​
A: Each RANK has a certain credit-value. This value will increase with a higher rank.​

Examples:
08,00 = Major grade 1
10,00 = Lt. Colonel grade 3
17,00 = Colonel grade 2​

Q: What is PLAYLIST?​
A: PLAYLIST is a value tied to a certain playlist.​

Examples:
* 1,00 = Campaign
* 2,80 = MM Campaign, Score Attack
* 5,40 = Invasion
* 5,60 = BTB All Stars, The Arena, Double Team, Action Sack, Team Classic, Flagstravaganza, Grifball, Firefight Limited, Firefight Arcade, Firefight Doubles, Rumble Pit, Living Dead, Squad Slayer, Team Slayer, MLG, Team Swat, Team Snipers, Team Objective, Multi Team, Big Team Battle
* 7,30 = Premium Battle, Premium Slayer

It's possible that there is a 7,3 multiplicator on all Noble and Defiant maps, no matter the playlist (we didn't check all playlists).​

Q: What is TIME?​
A: TIME is the duration of a match. Only full minutes are taken into account. Certain gametypes have a time cap which limits the TIME multiplicator.​

Examples:
04:54 min = *4
11:33 min = *11
23:17 min = *23

Time caps:
Campaign: 10:00 min -> max. TIME multiplicator is *10
MM Campaign: 1:15 h -> max. TIME multiplicator is *75
Firefight: 20:00 min -> max. TIME multiplicator is *20​

Q: What does PERFOMANCE BONUS consist of?​
A: PERFOMANCE BONUS = GAME COMPLETE * PERFOMANCE. Digits after commas are dropped.​

Q: What is PERFOMANCE?​
A: PERFOMANCE is based on the placing at the end of a match. Only win (team games) and 1st, 2nd & 3rd place (non-team games) are taken into account.​

Examples:
*0,2 = win / 1st place
*0,1 = 2nd place, 3rd place​

Q: What are COMMENDATIONS?​
A: COMMENDATIONS are the sum of commendations and medals one gets during a match.​

Q: What is JACKPOT?​
A: JACKPOT is a randomly generated value distributed to all player at the end of a match (except for mega-jackpots).​

Q: I'm not good at math. Could you give me an example?​
A: Sure.

PLAYLIST: Firefight → Rocketfight (*5,6)
TIME: 23:35 (*20 because of the time cap)
PERFOMANCE BONUS: Set complete / win (*0,2)

GAME COMPLETE = 17 * 5.6 * 20 = 1904 cR
PERFOMANCE BONUS = 1904 * 0.2 = 380,8 = 380 cR (digits after commas are dropped)
COMMENDATIONS = 1291 cR (lots of multikills in this one)
CHALLENGES = 1000 cR (10 assists in FF MM)
JACKPOT = 104 cR
SUM = 1904 + 380 + 1291 + 1000 + 104 = 4679 cR

And here is a list of all the ranks we currently have data on (RANK value - see above):

Rank - cR/min
  • Recruit - 5,000 cR
  • Private - 5,000 cR
  • Corporal - 5,000 cR
  • Corporal Grade 1 - 5,000 cR
  • Sergeant - 5,000 cR
  • Sergeant Grade 1 - 5,000 cR
  • Sergeant Grade 2 - 5,000 cR
  • Warrant Officer - 6,000 cR
  • Warrant Officer Grade 1 - 6,000 cR
  • Warrant Officer Grade 2 - 6,000 cR
  • Warrant Officer Grade 3 - 6,000 cR
  • Captain - 7,000 cR
  • Captain Grade 1 - 7,000 cR
  • Captain Grade 2 - 7,000 cR
  • Captain Grade 3 - 7,000 cR
  • Major - 8,000 cR
  • Major Grade 1 - 8,000 cR
  • Major Grade 2 - 8,000 cR
  • Major Grade 3 - 8,000 cR
  • Lt. Colonel - 9,250 cR
  • Lt. Colonel Grade 1 - 9,250 cR
  • Lt. Colonel Grade 2 - 9,250 cR
  • Lt. Colonel Grade 3 - 10,000 cR
  • Commander - 15,000 cR
  • Commander Grade 1 - 15,500 cR
  • Commander Grade 2 - 16,000 cR
  • Commander Grade 3 - 16,500 cR
  • Colonel - 16,500 cR
  • Colonel Grade 1 - 17,000 cR
  • Colonel Grade 2 - 17,000 cR
  • Colonel Grade 3 - 17,500 cR
  • Brigadier - 20,000 cR
  • Brigadier Grade 1 - 20,500 cR
  • Brigadier Grade 2 - 21,000 cR
  • Brigadier Grade 3 - 22,000 cR
  • General - 22,500 cR
  • General Grade 1 - 23,000 cR
  • General Grade 2 - 23,000 cR
  • General Grade 3 - 23,000 cR
  • General Grade 4 - 23,500 cR
  • Field Marshall - 25,845 cR
  • Hero - 28,435 cR
  • Legend - 31,265 cR
  • Mythic - 34,410 cR
  • Noble - 37,845 cR
  • Eclipse - 41,645 cR
  • Nova - ?
  • Forerunner - ?
  • Reclaimer - ?
  • Inheritor - ?

If you have one of the four remaining ranks and want to help us, send me a PM.

Striker

It's a wild suggestion because I give it 5% chance of getting added in, and instead being a possibility for Halo 4. The Arena formula is decent, although needs a little bit of work
(one glaring one is how deep Bungie put it in your Service Record). Halo 3's 1-50 had its obvious flaws, and was taken advantage of as well. It's going to be interesting how 343 unravels the next game's ranking system.

heckfu

Banned
thee henery said:
Loooooooooool

How is that a pipe dream exactly? Or a 'wild suggestion'? The second Halo 3 patch defenestrated the old matchmaking UI and replaced global ranks with an exp rank in each playlist. The Arena has been a categoric failure; I applaud Jeremiah for trying to rescue it from its horribly flawed shipping incarnation - he really did listen to what those on the optimatch forum complained about. However, it was always too late for the Arena. The problem was, Bungie marketed it (in the vidoc particularly) as the go-to playlist for the hardcore player; ranked games aren't just for the hardcore player, and, with respect, if I want to play the most competitive settings, i'll go to MLG (which, ludicrously, isn't ranked), not a Bungie playlist. Plus, I want to know how good I am at Snipes in Reach and i'm sure others want to know how good they are at MLG, Swat, FFA etc.

I couldn't agree more. As infuriating as the gap was from ranking from 44 to 45 was in 3, I knew what to expect from competition when I saw an actual number instead of trusting this system that we can't really see.

thezerofire said:
what's FXAA3?
I believe Reach uses temporal anti-aliasing, which is a technique that blends together a previous frame into the current frame to reduce jaggies. You can read more about it in this tech review for Reach.

A few posts above, dathbob briefly decribed FXAA. Here's the pro and con list of FXAA, along with a test image.

The results are still a little blurry. Edit: Actually, I only saw the top of the post. Further down, Lottes starts turning on options, and it looks better.

Ultimately, here's what you should take away from this:
1) It's the anti-aliasing technique being used for Battlefield 3.
2) No ghosting.

Additionally:

Timothy Lottes said:
FXAA3 should be around 1ms for 720p on either console, and using the same interface, has a higher quality PC version. FXAA3 Console on PS3 does not have the same long edge quality as Sony's MLAA, but overall FXAA3 costs significantly less, freeing up SPU time for things like tile deferred lighting, etc!

It's an effective anti-aliasing technique for consoles, and Luedke found a way to increase the speed by 15 to 20 percent.

FyreWulff

thezerofire said:
It kinda made campaign just feel like a bunch of firefight missions too

Halo has always pretty much been a series of Firefight scenarios. The first structure on "Halo" in Halo 1 (heck, that entire level was pretty much a series of FF missions strung together), the landing area on Delta Halo, opening the Control Room door in Halo 3..

343 is going to have an entire studio to focus on a singular project. The regret on Bungie's behalf seemed to be that it took more time than they thought when they had not the entire studio working on a game. I don't think they were expressing regret over the actual spaces themselves, as they were all made for multiplayer first, Boneyard being the only exception.

Striker said:
It's a wild suggestion because I give it 5% chance of getting added in, and instead being a possibility for Halo 4. The Arena formula is decent, although needs a little bit of work
(one glaring one is how deep Bungie put it in your Service Record). Halo 3's 1-50 had its obvious flaws, and was taken advantage of as well. It's going to be interesting how 343 unravels the next game's ranking system.

The formula is ok but why have it for only one playlist? Agree that your rank needs to be immediately visible.

I'm still not sure why it's such a wild suggestion given how it would be one of the easier things to do in a TU, plus Frankie said the changes would appease the hardcore complainers - lack of a decent ranking system has been a big complaint from day one.

Donat

Neo Member
Woorloog said:
What do these ranks and the credits after them mean? I didn't get it.

These are the base values for all calculations namend RANK. Sorry for the messed up text layout, I'm fixing it double time.

FyreWulff said:
Halo has always pretty much been a series of Firefight scenarios. The first structure on "Halo" in Halo 1 (heck, that entire level was pretty much a series of FF missions strung together), the landing area on Delta Halo, opening the Control Room door in Halo 3..

343 is going to have an entire studio to focus on a singular project. The regret on Bungie's behalf seemed to be that it took more time than they thought when they had not the entire studio working on a game. I don't think they were expressing regret over the actual spaces themselves, as they were all made for multiplayer first, Boneyard being the only exception.
I've always felt like I was progressing though. A lot of the time in Reach it was "defend this spot," and you just let the enemies come to you. Maybe it was like that in previous Halos too but I noticed it more in Reach

Woorloog

Banned
Donat said:
These are the base values for all calculations namend RANK. Sorry for the messed up text layout, I'm fixing it double time.
And a fraction of base value is used for the calculation or...?

A bit off topic but no idea where else i can say this. Besides it's relevant as after i've changed the GT, i can play some games with people. Sometimes.
Considering a new Gamertag... I was going to use Empyrus as i used it in EVE online but then i found it's some band's name. Urgh. Besides, it's hard to pronounce though it's easy to shorten to "emp".
Checking MS GT suggestions. Some of them are hilarious... they're obviously randomly generated, following AdjectiveNoun formula.

Kuroyume

Banned
Falt said:

Same for me... In fact it's pretty damn close. 3,154 kills with the DMR compared to 3,050 kills with the pistol.

I think it's a decent weapon but it's really unfair how much of a disadvantage the game puts you against someone with an AR. Do I take care of most AR users just fine with it? Sure, but when I find myself missing a shot because of bloom (or perhaps fucked up aiming on my part) it sucks that it takes forever to reload the thing while the dude with the AR can keep on charging and firing without even having bother to aim directly on my body. I absolutely hate getting killed by someone with an AR. Easily one of the most annoying things in Halo. In the beta, AR users, sword/hammer users, and sprint/melee guys could be taken care of easily with the old rate of fire pistol. Now, it doesn't happen anywhere near as often.

I don't think many people would be crying about nerfing a pistol. The people that usually do a lot of complaining about Halo love precision weapons.

GhaleonEB

Donat said:
I've been very interested in this kind of thing for a while now, so thanks for doing it. Though, I also didn't understand that aspect of the data above.

Do you have the max Game Complete Bonus for each Rank documented? I think that would be the easiest way to convey the way the bonus scales for each Rank. At my current rank (Noble) the cap is 4238. The prior rank cap was 3853, and the one before that 3503 (IIRC, my spreadsheet is at home). I think those numbers would be more easy to understand alongside the ranks listed.

Tawpgun

Would anyone else be against a win loss only Division System for ALL playlists? Like imagine if you were Onyx in Big Team, Gold in Team Objective, Onyx in Team Slayer ect.

And these would get re-set every season. However, and I don't know if there's a way to fix this now, it should show your previous ratings on the first page of your service record.

Top Bottom