• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo: Reach |OT5| A Monument to All Our Sins

screenshot2011-07-23at5ubq.png

MrBig said:
Second game. Absolute bullshit.

I quit.

I'm done with matchmaking.

I'll try again when the TU hits.

It's dangerous to go alone.

Any particular bullshit? Or just general bullshit?

Playing Classic was great and Squad Slayer helps a lot to ease Reachrage when I have it. Halo 3 is more fun...which makes me sad.

MrBig

-Yeti said:
What playlist(s) were you playing in?
Squad Slayer.
I'm tired of people breaking maps with jet pack, I'm tired of general incompetence, and I'm tired of the overall experience. I play games to have fun. Reach in it's present state is not fun, so I will not play it.

me goes into premium battle, let's have some awesome maps!

people votes none of the above

people votes 1 flag Boneyard

me quits

seriously, what's wrong with Reach's population? It looks like they always vote for the shittiest map/gametype combination lol.
And why is Boneyard still in matchmaking? I don't know who set up that map, but it really is bad

edit. MrBig, I can feel your pain. Going into mm alone is bad. And with bad I mean B A D

Bregmann Roche said:
1. Enter the Big Team Battle playlist with your friends.
2. Pretend that everyone else in the playlist is actually a computer-controlled Covenant soldier in disguise.
3. Every so often yell out "Round Over!" or "Weapon Drop!".
4. Wish that someday everyone has fiOS.
5. Fin.
Or you can play invasion instead...

FyreWulff

The quitting in Halo 3 is really bad.

Well, I didn't help things by booting a 4 man split because he was yelling racial slurs in Multi Team and then started having his guest that was on my team betray me.

*Press X*

M-M-M-MULTIKILL

Gabotron ES said:
Or you can play invasion instead...

Invasion forces you to play as an Elite which kills the illusion of being a genetically-altered, cybernetically-enhanced, super soldier that anyone looking to play co-op craves. He also didn't say anything about cucumbers in his post so I assume he doesn't like Elites.

FyreWulff said:
The quitting in Halo 3 is really bad.

Well, I didn't help things by booting a 4 man split because he was yelling racial slurs in Multi Team and then started having his guest that was on my team betray me.

*Press X*

M-M-M-MULTIKILL
You know what's really funny, once the boot screen appears wait like 30 seconds so the douche who betrayed you thinks he is safe and then BAM!
Assured hate messages.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Syracuse022 said:
Whoops. Preordered. For all of the complaining I did, it only took knocking 10 dollars off the price to get me to bite. I have no principles/scruples/restraint
Whoa, rad. I bought one, too.
Gabotron ES said:
You know what's really funny, once the boot screen appears wait like 30 seconds so the douche who betrayed you thinks he is safe and then BAM!
Assured hate messages.
Hah, excellent.

Dacon

Banned
MrBig said:
Co-op modes use lock-step, so the game experience is based around ping. If you play with people who have poor connections or are simply at a great distance from you, you will experience unresponsiveness. MP lets the client do whatever they want and then sends it to the host so its not noticeable there.

There's no way around this?

feel

Gabotron ES said:
Assured hate messages.
I love doing this too haha

Kujo

Gabotron ES said:
Assured hate messages.
I once waited like 3 minutes to do this. It was glorious. I think he was going for a perfection too, he mad

GhaleonEB

Dacon said:
There's no way around this?
As MrBig said, turn on the search filters. I turn all three on. The language filter helps keep the distance closer than without, and the best connection helps as well.

I suggest Firefight Doubles, because then you're matched with one other player which often further minimizes the issue. (Plus, you have a 50/50 shot of pulling host, assuming you're not a poor one.)

FyreWulff

i nerini del buio said:
Do you guys know why are the tunnels closed on Tempest? Flag and assault would be some much better without, I think

Because there's only two ways in and it would totally lead to teams hiding inside of them.

I think of it as Bungie carved the tunnels out so people could option to have a full vehicle circuit along the outside of the map without spending forge budget making tunnels.

Hopefully they have some options to where we can modify the Anniversary maps for optional flow changes like that. Doors to block off bases or rooms, maybe make a wall a Forge object so we can delete it from the original map, etc.

As long as we don't get any "Developer only" variants like Uplink again.

Zeouterlimits said:
Oof. Neither of you wins in that case.
I think I might just wait until he goes to his room or something... He's no Zalinkrow that's for sure... (To the point I feel like saving clips of him spamming pistol in SWAT modes...)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Could I hop on with you guys, too? My GT = popular revolt. I'm a pretty mediocre player, so don't expect miracles from me or nuthin. Oh, and I have no mic. Left it at my friends house. :-(

Edit: By mediocre I meant not pro-tier, haha.

Dug

Banned
omg.kittens said:
Could I hop on with you guys, too? My GT = popular revolt. I'm a pretty mediocre player, so don't expect miracles from me or nuthin. Oh, and I have no mic. Left it at my friends house. :-(
Well if you're a mediocre player, I won't want to know what that makes me (Well, there was this period where I didn't play much Reach...but it would still be the same anyway. I never really played Halo seriously anyway.)

FyreWulff said:
Because there's only two ways in and it would totally lead to teams hiding inside of them.

I think of it as Bungie carved the tunnels out so people could option to have a full vehicle circuit along the outside of the map without spending forge budget making tunnels.

Hopefully they have some options to where we can modify the Anniversary maps for optional flow changes like that. Doors to block off bases or rooms, maybe make a wall a Forge object so we can delete it from the original map, etc.

As long as we don't get any "Developer only" variants like Uplink again.

camping there in obj. games would mean defeat, so it doesn't sound as a good reason
the map needs some stickies too!

So whose bright idea at Bungie was it to have the "You have quit out of too many games. Don't quit anymore" message pop up mid-game? Yeah, thanks for that, Bungie. Ruin my play experience even further with pop-up messages in the middle of a firefight.

You would think at least one designer would have spoken up and told everyone else how unbelievably stupid that game design is. Then again, there are a lot of really stupid things about this game. And before someone says that I deserve it for quitting out of games, save your breath. I'm not going to sit through a shitty match just because Bungie feels the need to police their player base and not allow people to quit out of matches.

FyreWulff

Jack Scofield said:
So whose bright idea at Bungie was it to have the "You have quit out of too many games. Don't quit anymore" message pop up mid-game? Yeah, thanks for that, Bungie. Ruin my play experience even further with pop-up messages.

Looks like it's working, since you ruined other people's play experiences by habitually quitting.

FyreWulff said:
Looks like it's working, since you ruined other people's play experiences by habitually quitting.

Depends on what he quit honestly. I don't begrudge quitters all that much, especially since you still get the quit penalty as the last player standing on a team. In fact I'd rather have someone not interested in playing quit, then commit suicide all game like I've run into before.

FyreWulff

Devolution said:
Depends on what he quit honestly. I don't begrudge quitters all that much, especially since you still get the quit penalty as the last player standing on a team. In fact I'd rather have someone not interested in playing quit, then commit suicide all game like I've run into before.

Quit ban message only comes up if you quit a lot in a short span of time. If you're quitting once in a while from a lopsided game, you're not going to see it.

Hell, I got disconnected 3 times in one day because apparently it was Incompatible NAT Day over this past week in FF Arcade and I still didn't see it.

And even at that point, it's just a warning. The ban comes after.

Crucio

SO happy:

"You have been charged for the following items shipped today:

Bag O' Swag
Sold by: Bungie Store
Condition: new
Quantity: 1
$30.00 each
Item subtotal: $30.00"

Great week to be a Halo Fan! SDCC is turning out to be pretty awesome. Sparkast, Halo Universe Panel. Sweet!
I didn't realize how big that convention is, How many booths are there?

FyreWulff said:
Quit ban message only comes up if you quit a lot in a short span of time. If you're quitting once in a while from a lopsided game, you're not going to see it.

Hell, I got disconnected 3 times in one day because apparently it was Incompatible NAT Day over this past week in FF Arcade and I still didn't see it.

So I should get banned from quitting out of a few Score Attack games and matches where I'm the last player on my team? That sounds completely reasonable.

I swear, people will defend any Bungie-made decision. Drop-in drop-out games? I don't like them because they aren't in Halo!

Jack Scofield said:
So I should get banned from quitting out of a few Score Attack games and matches where I'm the last player on my team? That sounds completely reasonable.

I swear, people will defend any Bungie-made decision. Drop-in drop-out games? I don't like them because they aren't in Halo!
Score Attack is a one-player playlist...

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
There are plenty of rational, legit critiques of drop in/drop out. Don't come into a Halo thread just to lamely insult Bungie fans.

FyreWulff

Score Attack quits do not count against the quit ban.

Maybe if you share your gamertag then I can figure out if you're being unfairly punished.

Hydranockz said:

Yeah, which is why being penalized for quitting out of a one-player playlist is ridiculous. One of those "don't quit" warnings popped-up in the middle of a Score Attack session, and I just had to see what would happen if I quit the match. Surely Bungie isn't stupid enough to punish players who quit what is ostensibly a single-player experience.

Sure enough, "you have been temporarily banned from matchmaking." Really? Really?

FyreWulff said:
Score Attack quits do not count against the quit ban.

Dunno what to tell you, it happened.

Ramirez

Man, this game sucks incomprehensible amounts of dick. Stunning really.

How you can be given such a sure thing such as Halo, and muck it up so badly. Ugh.

Ken

Hydranockz said:
I think he meant quitting as the last player remaining in non-Score Attack matches in addition to quitting out of a few Score Attack games.

Top Bottom