• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City Review Thread

Vire

jjr4a.png

RnWTY.png

Official Thread Can Be Found Here

Please post any that you see and they will be added to the opening post.

Magazine Reviews:

Game Informer - 10

"The best use of a license in the industry’s history."

OPM Australia - 10

"One of the best games ever made."

GameMaster UK - 9.7

"Brave, brutal, brilliant - the gold standard by which all future videogames should be judged."

Play Generation - 9.5

"Improves brilliantly on an already great game. A masterpiece not to be missed."

Play3 - 9.2

"The best superhero game ever made."

Web Reviews:

Giant Bomb - 5/5 Stars

G4TV - 5/5 Stars

GamePro - 5/5 Stars

Guardian - 5/5 Stars

Digital Spy - 5/5 Stars

Telegraph - 5/5 Stars

Gameblog.fr - 5/5 Stars

1UP - A

Gamesradar - 10

Eurogamer Sweden - 10

Game Arena - 10

VideoGamer - 10

Strategy Informer - 9.9

IGN - 9.5

Machinima - 9.5

CVG - 9.5

Gamepro Germany - 9.5

Now Gamer - 9.4

Gametrailers - 9.3

Edge - 9

Gamespot - 9

Metro - 9

Eurogamer - 9

Game Reactor Denmark - 9

Game Reactor Sweden - 9

Wired - 9

OXM UK - 9

MetaCritic:

PS3

QTIYA.png

LiK

good scores altho not surprising considering no one in reviews sites can keep their mouth shut on how much they loved it already, lol

sajj316

This and Uncharted 3 are my most anticipated titles remaining this year. Very few day one purchases compared to previous years so the hype meter is reaching SuperPS3 levels.

Mush

Damn it, I was hoping I could get away with renting it like I did for Arkham Asylum but this just looks like it's gonna be too good for that.

The_Monk

So far so good, will wait for the next reviews.

For me, it is incredible how much I liked the previous game since I've never been a Batman fan. That only shows how good that game was. Hope this one to be even better!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
PSFan said:
I have a feeling one of the big places (IGN, Gamespot) will end up giving it an 8.5 for something really stupid :/
multiplayer

calling it now

Vire

PSFan said:
I have a feeling one of the big places (IGN, Gamespot) will end up giving it an 8.5 for something really stupid :/

There was a rumor floating around that IGN was going to give it a 10.

I got a free download of the PC version with my new graphics card. I have yet to play the first one despite owning it on Steam, as I had a fairly crappy PC for a while. However, with my new computer, I should be able to play through the first game just in time for the PC release of the sequel in November.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, good scores. This just skyrocketed to my must buy list for the season.

Mooreberg

It will be interesting to see if a lot of the reviews are like GI's, and if so, where that puts the game in top ten lists at the end of the year. I'm glad somebody is focusing on campaign instead of bolted on multiplayer. But then again there are going to be a few games that do both very well.

Orayn

HTuran said:
You've got to be joking. That has be one of the stupidest things I've ever read.
It might be hyperbolic, but I'd rather have them saying it about a fuckawesome action-adventure game than the next bloom'n'brown military shooter.

Angry Fork

GeoramA said:
Rocksteady: No
K1Lno.jpg

They're right, but still... =( Just put limits on the abilities, have the storyline say the sun is dying and only at 1/10th capacity as it usually is or something and therefore Superman's abilities are only 1/10th what the comics/movies say they are. Then build a game around that. Make his flight slower etc. all that stuff.

HTuran

Vire said:
No, I'm really looking forward to playing it. I just can't wrap my mind around how to judge, say, a non-third-person action game against this. It makes no sense.

Can't wait to see what Eurogamer/Edge/GB say.

Red

HTuran said:
You've got to be joking. That has be one of the stupidest things I've ever read.
Hyperbole is the native language of gamers. Both your post and the quote you responded to prove this.

Top Bottom