• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Syndicate |OT|

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
So the credit only applies to the console versions, huh? That sucks. The PC version is already at $60 like the rest but there is no credit for buying it. :(

The PS3 demo ran like dog shit and I'm not confident the 360 will be that much smoother. The PC version is definitely the way to play.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Had a left over Amazon credit I had forgotten about so I put it toward the PS3 version of this since I can use the $20 credit on ME3. I enjoyed the demo a lot so hopefully the full game is just as good.

As others have said, the $20 credit is only valid for preorders along with the "Executive Package", which are some perks for the coop campaign. Worst case, I'll consider it $40 and sell it off if I'm not into it. . Oh well, I think I'm gonna roll the dice and not worry about it, the demo was fun enough.

So the credit only applies to the console versions, huh? That sucks. The PC version is already at $60 like the rest but there is no credit for buying it. :(

The PS3 demo ran like dog shit and I'm not confident the 360 will be that much smoother. The PC version is definitely the way to play.

You play the 360 demo?

It's solid as hell

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Outside of the low resolution I thought that the PS3 demo ran pretty smoothly. I played it a decent amount and I can only remember one time it dropped from a solid 30.

I just got notification that this shipped from Amazon. Expected to be here by Friday. Anyone know what's going on? is it getting here early?

KingJ2002

I finally got around to playing the demo and wow... i don't know why this game is not receiving more attention. I had a great time playing co-op and everything from the gameplay down to the HUD screamed of a high quality product.

i had it in my gamefly queue but i might just buy it... i havent enjoyed a game like this in a very long time.

MattDoza

I had planned to go ahead and gamefly this, but the release date seems to have changed over the weekend, without my noticing. Any other gamefly members notice this? Did the game ship out to you today?

wrog

I bought Syndicate today and I'm loving this game so far (finished 4th mission). I didn't expect graphics to be that good!

Stantron

I had planned to go ahead and gamefly this, but the release date seems to have changed over the weekend, without my noticing. Any other gamefly members notice this? Did the game ship out to you today?
Yup, I sent back AssCreedRev on Friday. They received it today, but now Syndicate is on low supply because they decided to ship out a day early. I think they've done this with other releases so people get their games closer to launch. I might just buy it now via amazon.

MattDoza

Yup, I sent back AssCreedRev on Friday. They received it today, but now Syndicate is on low supply because they decided to ship out a day early. I think they've done this with other releases so people get their games closer to launch. I might just buy it now via amazon.

They ship out new releases on Mondays most of the time. But they changed it's release to Saturday, the 18th. Which I've never seen, in my few years as a member.

Kind of a bummer. I was looking forward to it. But I guess I'll go ahead and hold off and get SSX next week.

I havent played the demo, but for those of us without Syndicate friends, hows the single player going to be with this? Is this going to be like Left 4 Dead kinda where you shouldnt even bother if you dont have friends to play with?

I havent played the demo, but for those of us without Syndicate friends, hows the single player going to be with this? Is this going to be like Left 4 Dead kinda where you shouldnt even bother if you dont have friends to play with?

Singleplayer is just that ...an entire SP campaign

Coop is something else entirely and it's VERY random person friendly.
hell I just finished two more games with the demo and everyone was, once again, completely working together

Syndicate coop has a fucking amazing gameplay loop that easily surpasses Left 4 Dead.

Singleplayer is just that ...an entire SP campaign

hell I just finished two more games with the demo and everyone was, once again, completely working together

Syndicate coop has a fucking amazing gameplay loop that easily surpasses Left 4 Dead.

Cool, thanks for the reply. I love online co-op, but have had zero success in selling this game to friends. And I have TERRIBLE luck with random pubs.

Ordered from Amazon, looks really good.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Pre-ordered.

I need something to get the dull taste Amalur left in my mouth after finishing it. And the 20 dollar credit/release date delivery was too good to pass up. Let's just hope I can finish this and Binary Domain before Mass Effect comes out

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

They shipped it early because of President's Day not having mail.

I think he's referring to the coop missions =P

well I hope so! xD

I'm still wrestling on whether to pick it up tomorrow or wait. I had an absolute blast with the co-op. I'm just worried that, at only 9 co-op missions, I'll get bored with it pretty quickly. Also my friends were pretty "meh, i'll wait 'til its cheap" about it also. It's also not helping that Starbreeze and EA have no real post launch support planned. :/

Ok, Imma gonna have to stop you right there.
Nothing this generation has surpassed the adrenaline-pumping feeling I got playing L4D for the first time, on Advanced difficulty with 3 friends online.
Horde attacks, special infected working together, survival horror elements, characters that had interesting interactions as you went along, varying environments, ruthless AI director that changes the 'set' each time (and on-the-fly during the mission)...
So many funny and thrilling times playing L4D, not even counting the brutal Expert runs.
Repeatedly closing the safe room door on your buddy, as he tries desperately to get inside...and then gets downed & killed by the infected? Priceless.

Syndicate multiplayer I think is going to be cool and addicting. I'll be replaying the levels until I've maxed out my character, and will probably go for every achievement.

But I don't think this game will become the instant classic that L4D has become.
"PILLS HERE!!"

Well Left 4 Dead has the benefit of being the first one out da gate

Once you've gone through those campaigns a few times, it's really hard to go back, especially when they clock in around 30 - 45 min on average and you ain't playin' with friends (which tended to happen alot in my case)

Syndicate see's you easily running through the map in around 10 minutes, unlocking/researching shit, and doing it again. All of this successfully mind you as the formula is idiot proof seemingly at this point.

Can't even preload my UK origin copy of Syndicate yet. Really interested to hear how well this plays with 3d vision. The hud seems to have a lot of depth to it (ammo counter, labels and text boxes in the world itself) which is something that could be incredible in 3d.

eshwaaz

I'm talking about the campaign missions. It's usually something between 14-16 minutes (there is a summary after each mission with completion time and other stats).

Cripes. As someone who has no interest in co-op, this is sounding like yet another offensively short single-player campaign that I won't be purchasing.

Yeah I went back and played it last night, only intending to have one quick play through. Three hours later I was still there…

In that time I only ran into one group of players where nobody would heal. In every other match there was always at least one other guy who knew what they were doing, and generally the randoms would take their cues from what the two of us were doing and soon follow suit. By the end of each play through we generally had four players working together as a team, or at least attempting to. That's a rare thing in online gaming in my experience.

Can't wait to get my hands on this game! The co-op demo just does everything right. Sadly I have to wait for international airmail so still a few weeks away for me :(

I broke down and ordered this today. Ill have it tomorrow and will use the credit to buy points and get american nightmare wed. WIN WIN WIN.

Btw, need co-op buddies. XBL: Broadbandit

Stantron

Turns out they shipped out my copy this afternoon.
Niiiiice. /Borat

Top Bottom