• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Syndicate |OT|

frontieruk

Nah, every dev would like extra time. They said themselves before they wish they'd got a competitive MP in there

The layoffs are to be expected considering the project was finished

I'm sure everything is fine

Tbh as long as the coop works I'm good as Messofanego can confirm after last nights rampages lol

Many leads of the riddick and the darkness games left starbreeze over the last years and formed machinegames. It will be interesting to see if the remaing staff at starbreeze is up to the task.

frontieruk

Win an Radeon 6870

CONTEST REMINDER: You can win an AMD Radeon HD 6870 or an AMD Radeon HD 6850 this week on Syndicate! Enter using our "AMD Graphics Card Sweepstakes" tab on the left! http://on.fb.me/yBbr8v

Finally got around to accepting your FR SkoomaSuckinSwit after I realised I knew the GT and couldn't find it on my recently met players list lol

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Many leads of the riddick and the darkness games left starbreeze over the last years and formed machinegames. It will be interesting to see if the remaing staff at starbreeze is up to the task.

Certainly. I'm still just super bummed out that it's not the sci-fi gta third person game it was originally going to be. And their focus on co-op that I have no interest in.

The only thing that bothers me about the controls (on console) is that the turn speed is the same while ADS and normal view.
Practically every FPS on console makes ADS speed way slower for them precise shots, really weird they didn't do it like that.

frontieruk

The only thing that bothers me about the controls (on console) is that the turn speed is the same while ADS and normal view.
Practically every FPS on console makes ADS speed way slower for them precise shots, really weird they didn't do it like that.

See that doesn't bother me I actually prefer it to the norm you describe.

Jhriad

Does anyone know if there will be split screen co-op? I'd like to be able to play this with my roommate and it'd be cool if we could split screen it and play with two friends of ours (that would be split screening as well).

frontieruk

Does anyone know if there will be split screen co-op? I'd like to be able to play this with my roommate and it'd be cool if we could split screen it and play with two friends of ours (that would be split screening as well).

No split screen coop, starbreeze wanted to keep the game looking good.

@theDeadmoo5e There won't be. We wanted to create it with the best graphics that we could, and with it, we wouldn't be able to achieve that.
https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/Syndicate/status/170297242727628801

In reply to

@Syndicate will there be a split-screen option for coop?
https://mobile.twitter.com/#!/theDeadmoo5e/status/170291567167418369

frontieruk

I'm in for the *looks at OP*... PC... version.

:(
I took PC off as no one seemed interested :-/
I'll probably be on that list too, my better half owes me a present and I'd quite like to it in its pc glory for sp at least, and id bet dennis4k will bite as well.

I fear its a lost cause but PC GAF REPRESENT!

scaled.php

nHDR

Banned
I like the art direction and look of this game. Getting that Neo-Tokyo vibe. I'll probably wait for a price drop since I've heard its less than 10 hours long. Still, looks like its gonna be an amazing 10 hours!

See that doesn't bother me I actually prefer it to the norm you describe.

Problem with me is i like my sens way up, really fast. That makes ADS really difficult for me. They even have a acceleration tuning in the options so they care about the controls, wouldn't be that much trouble to have a extra option to tune the ADS speed.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.

scaled.php

Would love impressions, performance, visual options, UI etc.

Butcher Bay is one of my favorite games of all time, I want nothing more than to buy syndicate but considering the turmoil behind the scenes ( layoffs and what have you ) combined with the day +1 review embargo and that it's a modern multiplatform game ( i.e playing russian roulette with the pc version ) I'd be proper surprised if it was a decent pc port.

frontieruk

scaled.php

EqZuJ.png

Can't preload it yet :(

Would love impressions, performance, visual options, UI etc.

Butcher Bay is one of my favorite games of all time, I want nothing more than to buy syndicate but considering the turmoil behind the scenes ( layoffs and what have you ) combined with the day +1 review embargo and that it's a modern multiplatform game ( i.e playing russian roulette with the pc version ) I'd be proper surprised if it was a decent pc port.

I remember picking up Butcher bay for the OG xbox thinking it was going to be another run of the mill FPS, I was wrong, and glad of it. The minimum system requirements look similar to that of Alan Wake, and those are given as a guide to getting 30fps so I'm fairly happy it's run ok, impressions are hard to come by and what eye candy they've added for the PC version if any, though I'm hopeful that they used the time asved by not making the PC demo to at least give PC gamers some options that console gamers don't.

Thank you for ordering Syndicate™ from Origin. The game is now available for pre-load. To begin, please follow these steps:

Launch the Origin Client and login to your account.
Click on the “My Games” tab and find the Syndicate™ icon.
Click “Ready To Download” and follow the prompts to download the game.
On 23 February 2012, you will be ready to play when Syndicate™ releases.

Hmmm a day early or did they get the release date wrong?

Hmm there's a video which shows the whole first mission on youtube now. Don't know if I want to link it though since it's uploaded by someone named pirategaming. Probably playing the leaked 360 version.

Spookie

I'd be proper surprised if it was a decent pc port.

I'd be on board if they were more open on the PC development of the game. The late port of Butcher Bay was excellent much like how Alan Wake has been handled this week. Alas I'm not holding out much hold and because of that my money stays in my wallet. :(

RS4-

Any huge differences between console versions? I can pick up either one today if the weather stops screwing me over.

Or PC differences as well (aside from the usual stuff like graphics)

S1kkZ

Any huge differences between console versions? I can pick up either one today if the weather stops screwing me over.

nothing huge (judging by the demo), 360 is a bit better.

frontieruk

if you have a decent sound system hooked up ps3 audio is better according to AgentOtaku

If there is anyone you should ignore when it comes to opinions on multiplatform stuff it's AO.

Yeah but AgentOtaku looks hard for reasons to convince himself to go with the PS3 version of any multiplat game. :p

aaawwww cmon

I'm pretty obsessive about the shit

So bad that i've rebout games multiple times and sometimes wish I didn't even own multiple consoles so I didn't have to dedicate time figuring this stuff out

That being said, yeah I have a preference for the triple but if the 360 version is leagues ahead, i'm not gonna just ignore that.

Thankfully we are at this point this gen where most of the time, I can just buy it for the platform I prefer. And yeah i'm damn happy when there is in fact console parity cause I know the system is a bitch to work with, so I further appreciate when the devs put in the time.

if you have a decent sound system hooked up ps3 audio is better according to AgentOtaku

PS3 version has the expected 7.1 but also some surprising low-end that just isn't in the 360 audio mix

Similar to say Crysis1 for Xbox/PS3 ....though that's the only thing Crysis1 on PS3 has going for it because it's pretty fucking terrible port. Avg FPS being 20-25.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
My interest declined when it turned out to be heavily focused on online co-op. I don't have friends who play these kinds of games, and playing with strangers just isn't the same. I was hoping for a big single player campaign :/

My interest declined when it turned out to be heavily focused on online co-op. I don't have friends who play these kinds of games, and playing with strangers just isn't the same. I was hoping for a big single player campaign :/

SP campaign is supposedly 8-10 hours

Coop, along with Left 4 Dead (honestly better than), is one of the few that actually completely works even with total strangers.

smr00

Banned
How good is COOP without a mic? Because i have a pair of tritton 720s and the mic broke awhile back and since i live in an apartment with paper thin walls headphones are my source of audio and until i can afford a new pair of cans w/ a mic i am without a mic.

Will i be shunned out of public coop for not having one?

Top Bottom