• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASIS

DAMN

And this is one reason why I just respond to stuff on this forum. Not taking any chances. Haha.

LOL same here. I'm still not comfortable making threads and discussions. I feel like every step I make might violate something :p

Woah. The banhammer falls swiftly.

Two mods coming in to serve justice. I think it makes a good shock to the system to those of us who might have been getting a little too heavy on the playing-around side of GAF. Like me. -_-

While you're here, mods, can you please close the third thread.... ?

Hush, you. We need somewhere to go to escape the relative chaos of the insanity here!

Just to recap, there were a few interesting things being talked about before the WESbomb. I hope people roll with some of the topics, as they were really interesting until they were suddenly stopped by ravenous hordes of, well, me and you and the rest of us:

A) Discussion on early platformers and how bizarre scrolling was when it was introduced

B) Transitional periods cause dips in sales, so it's not actually crazy that sales are way down now. In comparison, the transitions in to the 2nd and 3rd gens were whole-market crashes!

C) Discussion of how to make modern Wii U menu systems, with posts from earlier mockups, such as…

Nibel, after briefly taking in thread feedback:

THIS ONE is godly. This is what I want. It's the best way to use touch screen + giant screen in a manner that is as functional as it is beautiful.

…except for the lack of folders. ;)

D) Will Nintendo make some sort of "Made for Wii U" sticker for hard drive manufacturers to use for external hard drives?

E) Why won't anybody like IceDoesntHelp? D:

F) Discussion on how to foster small developers on the Wii U platform and help them become big developers.

G) Something about an IGN game survey, but I couldn't find a link to it.

H) "Nintendo needs to make a co-op Pokemon rpg, much like borderlands style of co-op."

lednerg

So, how about that Wii U, yeah?

What's the current over/under on click sticks?

Clicky sticks are an affront to gaming and thumbs.

I hate them myself but I've become increasingly convinced that lacking them is a competitive disadvantage.

Buttons can be juggled around so the screen can be used for things you don't use too often, and real buttons for things you do. It's not a big deal.

Vinci

Danish
I hate them myself but I've become increasingly convinced that lacking them is a competitive disadvantage.

Meh. They can have them or not have them. In the big scheme of things, I don't think it's a massive issue - though people will obviously whine and complain. But most of those people likely don't care about the system or what it offers in the first place. I mean, seriously... how much could you possibly want something if a lack of clickable sticks deters you from getting it?

Christine

Buttons can be juggled around so the screen can be used for things you don't use too often, and real buttons for things you do. It's not a big deal.

Okay. I just have this nagging worry that they're an avenue out of check, to borrow HylianTom's analogy.

lednerg

I think that analog secondary shoulder buttons are more critical than either clickable analog directionals or analog face buttons.

Yeah, that's the one thing that I'm hoping was changed on the controller. Also, if anything has to be 'clicky', it should be analog triggers.

SmithnCo

Can someone give me a quick recap on what happened? I've been out the entire day. Noticed the banning.

He made a picture that mentioned a "Wii Entertainment System" on a Japanese Nintendo site. Turns out, on the actual site that text was really about Mario Party 9. A thread about Wii Entertainment System as a name change was posted and some people believed it and other websites picked up the story.

Then he kinda skirted around the issue of how he made the image which probably didn't help.

Linkhero1

He made a picture that mentioned a "Wii Entertainment System" on a Japanese Nintendo site. Turns out, on the actual site that text was really about Mario Party 9. A thread about Wii Entertainment System as a name change was posted and some people believed it and other websites picked up the story.

created fake pic, didn't say it was fake until it was prodded out of him a long time later, etc

Kinda an idiotic thing to do. I say banning well deserved. Don't know about a perma though.

Shurayuki

yeah but that's already rumoured. Now me wants sticks.

But clickable sticks are horrible, especially if they wear out. PES11 I think had "dive" on the sticks and my controller was a bit old and I was diving around all game every game. Keep it away I say ;_;

Also I totally like Ice, what's that about :lol

Well I'll be damned...pema'd

image.php

Linkhero1

F) Discussion on how to foster small developers on the Wii U platform and help them become big developers.

eShop is probably the way to go. Nintendo needs to make sure they have a decent file size limit and also give these developers the same tools and attention bigger developers get.

yeah but that's already rumoured. Now me wants sticks.

Speaking about sticks… if regular analog sticks were an impossibility, what would be best:
A) The protruding nubs that we see currently on the DRC
B) Flatter nubs like on the 3DS or PSP
C) Teensy analog sticks like on the PSV
D) Flat capacitive pads (like on that Sony Playstation phone)

?

I would have said
A
, but I actually tried out
C
at the store recently, and they were a lot better than I expected. Didn't get to try them on an actual game, though, as the unit was unpowered.

TheNatural

My Member!
Fake news from GAF > videogame news site > Fake news from GAF

Cycle completes itself. I'm pretty sure someone could cause the stock market to drop for a major company here with a well executed plan of trickery. Then we could buy the stock in bulk while it's down and get rich.

Shurayuki

Speaking about sticks… if regular analog sticks were an impossibility, what would be best:

?

I would have said
A
C
at the store recently, and they were a lot better than I expected. Didn't get to try them on an actual game, though, as the unit was unpowered.

I might speak out of line since I only really played Monster Hunter on the 3DS but the Circle Pad is actually quite nice, not remotely as horrible as it would seem. As long as it's tight (I hear CCP feels a bit loose?) I'm fine wit that for the time being.

Fake news from GAF > videogame news site > Fake news from GAF

Cycle completes itself. I'm pretty sure someone could cause the stock market to drop for a major company here with a well executed plan of trickery. Then we could buy the stock in bulk while it's down and get rich.

I thought that's what we assumed Pachter was doing here *playful* :D

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.

?

I would have said
A
C

I have no problem with the 3DS nubs.

?

I would have said
A
C
I dislike the 3DS nub. The grip on it isn't good enough for me. Any prolonged gaming session where you need to use it a lot and my thumb is slipping off it, so I would like the protruding ones to keep that from happening. But at the same time I hope it still is made of material that has some friction to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom