• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT2| Queues Rise. Servers Fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abylim

I'm playing on a laptop, 2.4ghz core 2 duo, with a 512mb video card radeon 4500, and 4 gb ram. That falls into recommended, but sort of wanted to know how it would run? Good for medium settings?

I was dead set against this game, but my father and brother in law are playing it, and its looking awesome. I am a massive Diablo 2 fan, sunk hundreds of hours into SP and online.

Just want an idea of if its worth it?

Tess3ract

Banned
Lol 1080p is not a large resolution. In fact, I'd say it's standard.

Qot6y.jpg

omg I feel like an idiot, I bought 3 radiant Topaz's for 4K each lol.

don't feel bad man. but keep clicking that "Search" button after selecting your gem type and quality. Click it like you'r F5'ing an E3 liveblog. The gem market in particular has more ups and downs than a roller coaster.

Qot6y.jpg
I'm jelly.

What level are you now, to have found something like that? low 40s?

Sarcasm

I don't know whats up. When I had D2 I'd play for hours, days even. With D3 I play at most an hour.

When is the AH coming back up?

scy

Attacks derived off weapon damage is about it. Dual wielding just seems better overall DPS, especially in the early going from my experiements with both 2h and dual wield.

Unless your two weapons are practically identical, you're probably overall better with using a Shield, honestly.

I just applied the Downsampling mod for ATI cards and now I'm downsampling 2560x1600 to 1920x1200. I keep 60fps and it's a nice bump in image quality. Thank god the UI scales.

pxleyes

Banned
Damn, almost missed picking up a Legendary shield. Found it while backtracking. Orange on sand is hard to see. lol

Too bad it's junk like the rest of legendary junk I've gotten. Why couldn't it have a good strength stat?

I'm confused, how did he whine? He sounds calm and thanked the people that tried to help. He just explained why they're out of the race...
The complaint comes from his knee jerk reaction to drop out all together. He already has level 60 characters at his disposal and clearly a lot of experience in getting world firsts. I would argue he still has as good of a chance as anyone. Would his party need to level new characters, maybe? I think the progress through inferno will be in road block stages. I suspect he would be behind now but easily catch up as strategies for bosses are devised. As a new barrier breaks, he and everyone else has a better chance to catch up and skip ahead. I always saw similar progress in WoW but maybe it was just perception.

LordCanti

Anyone have a good DH build for act 1 of Hell? Nightmare was a stretch, but I feel like Hell has taken it to absurd levels of squishiness. I see barbs barely getting damaged, but if one thing smacks me I'm at least two thirds of the way injured. This is ridiculous.

Qot6y.jpg

Welcome to the Hammer Time club. We have pants (in the best possible way).

Even though the ping has shown as 200+ for the entirety of my time with the retail game, it didn't make a difference... until the final boss. Holy shit. Fucking latency got me killed twice, because of
the little cages that he would summon up from the ground below you. Oftentimes it'd start to spawn in the path I was running, but due to the ping I was rarely able to avoid it in time.

And now, in Nightmare difficulty, I've come across a few of these combination Elites and again... latency is an issue. A Fast Vampiric enemy takes fucking FOREVER to kill because I'm constantly getting smacked from 15 yards away due to the latency. It's ridiculous.

They really gotta fix this shit.

I was reading the eurogamer review for Tribes, and in one of the news panel was a pretty major spoiler for Diablo 3 -_- pretty irritated they couldn't just say something "Diablo 3 Secret Found! Spoilers inside!" but no they had to say what it was right there in the open. Grrr.Just started Act II last night. Gonna start playing again later :D

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
He's not done, he's just on the final boss it seems. I'm sure it will be awhile before that's down.

yeah i over read it, just edit my post... but who the hell is this? the worlds best Diablo and WoW players are trying to beat Inferno and a no name is about to do it solo? also, this looks pretty legit to me.

LordCanti

Even though the ping has shown as 200+ for the entirety of my time with the retail game, it didn't make a difference... until the final boss. Holy shit. Fucking latency got me killed twice, because of
the little cages that he would summon up from the ground below you. Oftentimes it'd start to spawn in the path I was running, but due to the ping I was rarely able to avoid it in time.

And now, in Nightmare difficulty, I've come across a few of these combination Elites and again... latency is an issue. A Fast Vampiric enemy takes fucking FOREVER to kill because I'm constantly getting smacked from 15 yards away due to the latency. It's ridiculous.

They really gotta fix this shit.

If it says Vampiric, I just run away. It's not worth it. I actually appreciate wallers, because they often block themselves from doing damage to me, giving me time to recuperate.

Also - anyone else feel that the Demon Hunter is the real glass cannon in this game? DHs don't really have pure defensive abilities like Diamond Skin and the various armors on the Wizard - they're more oriented around slows and evasion. To me so far, at least, the DH is more glass cannon than the class which has the same name as a passive!

Wallach

yeah i over read it, just edit my post... but who the hell is this? the worlds best Diablo and WoW players are trying to beat Inferno and a no name is about to do it solo? also, this looks pretty legit to me.

Diablo's never been a game where more players was necessarily easier. One player has significantly less HP mobs and vastly more control over AI manipulation. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if a solo Wizard or DH claimed world first kill on that.

LordCanti

Also - anyone else feel that the Demon Hunter is the real glass cannon in this game? DHs don't really have pure defensive abilities like Diamond Skin and the various armors on the Wizard - they're more oriented around slows and evasion. To me so far, at least, the DH is more glass cannon than the class which has the same name as a passive!

I just started Hell with my DH, and I'd agree with this. Unless WD's are worse (I've never seen one in co-op...not even one), DH's are easily the weakest class. Poke one and they shatter.

Bah, caught the last post of the page. Anyway, again:

Ferrio

Banned

That have a skill that reduces damage 65% and gives them 20% life leech. Hows that not defense? Add in a turret that gives 15% damage reduction too, and your dodge... you're not doing too bad.

LordCanti

That have a skill that reduces damage 65% and gives them 20% life leech. Hows that not defense? Add in a turret that gives 15% damage reduction too, and your dodge... you're not doing too bad.

I've yet to find a build that made the life leech of Shadow Power worth the discipline cost (in Nightmare/Hell specifically). If the choices are Shadow Power or Smoke Screen (with what little discipline I have), I'm going with Smoke Screen.

RDreamer

Bah, this is getting annoying. All through Act 3 Nightmare I've been apparently below level. So I can never join a public game with the quest I'm on. I have to start my own and make it public, and sometimes no one ever joins. I really preferred the system D2 had where you could select a game and join.

LordCanti

Was co-oping last night. My build would be slightly different solo:

Something like this:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aZgXlV!ebf!bbZZ.a

In grouping I was using:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#aZgXlj!ebY!bbZZ.Z

Let's say a vampiric champion mob rolls up on you solo (or a champion mob of mortars, also with extra speed, etc). What do you do?

If your answer to this isn't "run", I need to know what the heck you're doing.

I've never had a single issue with normals (that wasn't latency caused), but champs roll me.

I just beat Act III. Jaw was on the floor for that entire cinematic. Even when it faded to black I just kept staring at my monitor, mouth still open, for a good 5-10 secs. Just unbelievable.

that RPS article really sums it up for me.

...the frankly abysmal writing. Of the three companions so far, none is even tolerable, and my monk is a sanctimonious moron. My NPC accompaniment repeat their lacklustre lines of nothingness with the sadness of a dementia patient, half the time talking at the same time as a book I’m reading.

I definitely agree with this part, at any rate. The writing in this game is dreadful, the Monk has less personality then a Lego block, and my companions keep repeating the same dull conversations over and over again every time you start up another session, oblivious to whatever else is going on in the game.

Ferrio

Banned
Let's say a vampiric champion mob rolls up on you solo (or a champion mob of mortars, also with extra speed, etc). What do you do?

If your answer to this isn't "run", I need to know what the heck you're doing.

I've never had a single issue with normals (that wasn't latency caused), but champs roll me.

I'll have to tell you for sure when I get home. Like I said I was co-op. But elites would come after me, and run usually was my response. But shadow power saved my ass so many times.

HenryHSH

One last bump

Well, emeralds (green gems) don't give magic find on helms. They increase gold find. Topaz give MF on helms and that's the only way to increase your MF using gems.

The pictures are mockups to demonstrate the web-interface feature. The data might be old or made up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom