• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct scheduled for June 3rd (Wii U concept news, 3PM PT/6PM ET Sunday)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eviltasan

So much hype for this now, I love how they just dropped it on everyone last minute.

Just cannot wait to see how it all plays out. :D

Orayn

/v/ took the Triforce idea and ran with it.

it5pq.jpg

antonz

What is Nintendo Direct?

Its a newish initiative by Nintendo where they have web broadcasts of announcements and such so that they dont always have to wait for big events. Tommorrows will be Iwata discussing Wii U Hardware and concepts

DanteFox

Its a newish initiative by Nintendo where they have web broadcasts of announcements and such so that they dont always have to wait for big events. Tommorrows will be Iwata discussing Wii U Hardware and concepts

Thanks dude. I hope they don't spoil any E3 surprises. Nintendo's E3 conferences are like Christmas in June for me.

Boney

Banned
so is this gonna be just one video with subs unlike past nd's where reggie has had a specific american one?

antonz

Thanks dude. I hope they don't spoil any E3 surprises. Nintendo's E3 conferences are like Christmas in June for me.

From what they have said it seems like they are just aiming to get the Hardware talk out of the way so when Monday comes along and Ubisoft/EA demo stuff on the Wii U there isnt confusion.

Tuesday should be the game day primarily.

so is this gonna be just one video with subs unlike past nd's where reggie has had a specific american one?

Hard to say really. Iwata could be a boss and English it up since it is for E3.

From what they have said it seems like they are just aiming to get the Hardware talk out of the way so when Monday comes along and Ubisoft/EA demo stuff on the Wii U there isnt confusion.

Tuesday should be the game day primarily.

Hard to say really. Iwata could be a boss and English it up since it is for E3.

It is going to be in English.
From their Japanese Nintendo Direct site:
"French, German, Spanish, Dutch, Italian, Portugese, and Russain are captioned."

No mention of either English or Japanese, so the two may run concurrently.

FartOfWar

Banned
Surprised no one has caught this yet....

E3 is one week away and that means that anticipation for the show is simply boiling! As you now know and the Paul Gale Network has announced, Nintendo has blown the collective minds of the gaming-oriented Internet with its announcement today that it will broadcast a very, very special Nintendo Direct Pre E3 presentation of exciting new info. How new and exciting? Well gamers E3 is about to get even crazier than in your wildest imaginations! Tomorrow's broadcast, a source has told the Paul Gale Network is only the tip of an iceberg that is set to emerge in events across the week of E3. Treat yourself to a few expected highlights - and remember this is only the very beginning!

-Project H.A.M.M.E.R. The game is said to have been put on hiatus until the unique powers of the Wii U enabled its intended expression. It is also said to be on track to introduce the first all-new super star to the Nintendo roster in some time.

-Ice Climber: Climate Hero!! Popo and Nana star in their first proper Ice Climbing outing since 1985

Here’s hoping that Wii U absolutely blows us away next week!

http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/2012/05/29/watch-this-e3-message-from-reggie-fils-aime-and-get-pumped/

zroid

Banned
-Project H.A.M.M.E.R. The game is said to have been put on hiatus until the unique powers of the Wii U enabled its intended expression. It is also said to be on track to introduce the first all-new super star to the Nintendo roster in some time.

I'd prefer it if they just made it "Project H.A.M.M.E.R.: Featuring King Dedede"

Fou-Lu

I was never excited for Project HAMMER, so I hope it won't be the big thing for Wii U at E3. Then again it would be a huge upgrade from what we've seen before. I'm just not into beat 'em ups though.

Luigiv

E3 is one week away and that means that anticipation for the show is simply boiling! As you now know and the Paul Gale Network has announced, Nintendo has blown the collective minds of the gaming-oriented Internet with its announcement today that it will broadcast a very, very special Nintendo Direct Pre E3 presentation of exciting new info. How new and exciting? Well gamers E3 is about to get even crazier than in your wildest imaginations! Tomorrow's broadcast, a source has told the Paul Gale Network is only the tip of an iceberg that is set to emerge in events across the week of E3. Treat yourself to a few expected highlights - and remember this is only the very beginning!

-Ice Climber: Climate Hero!! Popo and Nana star in their first proper Ice Climbing outing since 1985

http://paulgalenetwork.com/home/2012/05/29/watch-this-e3-message-from-reggie-fils-aime-and-get-pumped/

No one caught it because it's Paul Gale. He's way more miss than hit.

Doubtful, but maybe they are planning for tomorrow to be all about specs, something they'd rather not spend time during the conference talking about...

VariantX

Its not because people aren't catching it, its because people are choosing to ignore it...

Linkhero1

This will be awesome only because it will allow them to just pump out game after game during their conference. There will be no need to talk about hardware at all if they do all of that during the Nintendo Direct tomorrow. This is also brilliant because EA/Ubisoft will not show Wii U features before Nintendo. I'm hoping we get a glimpse at the OS tomorrow as well as some of the features of the uPad.

isny

napkin dispenser
This will be awesome only because it will allow them to just pump out game after game during their conference. There will be no need to talk about hardware at all if they do all of that during the Nintendo Direct tomorrow. This is also brilliant because EA/Ubisoft will not show Wii U features before Nintendo. I'm hoping we get a glimpse at the OS tomorrow as well as some of the features of the uPad.

I'm expecting them to announce price / release date. (Holiday 2012 $249.99!)

Rikkun

Hype is too heavy. I'm going to sleep and wake up right before the Direct, my body will be ready hopefully.

Linkhero1

I'm expecting them to announce price / release date. (Holiday 2012 $249.99!)

I'm doubting they will announce price or release date now. They want to focus on the content and by announcing price/release date they will distract people away from that content. I'm expecting a price/release date announcement in their next Nintendo Direct.

BY2K

Membero Americo

I click the link but I don't see anything about Project Hammer or Ice Climbers.

Triton55

The link just leads to a Reggie video and I don't see it anywhere on his site. Did he take it down?

pargonta

The only problem with having a software only or hardware lite tuesday conference, is for people who miss or skip tomorrow's direct video.

IGN, The Verge, Joystiq... i'm sure plenty of others have not posted about the Nintendo Direct tomorrow, now several hours after it came to light.

their writers have been waiting for tuesday to get hardware information, so if they miss or skip tomorrow... then on tuesday they will say what the hell where's my hardware information!

I don't think we should expect the kitchen sink tomorrow. I think there has to be a significant chunk of hardware time in the actual conference because that's what the conference is for afterall. tomorrow would be very general i think... just enough to make headlines around the newssphere and get everyone ready for monday's third party conferences. Then tuesday would be in depth OS perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom