• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT7| You may leave, Juices. And take Team Downer with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The entire point is that it's incredibly expensive right now to stream 4v4s with every perspective and that with a very basic spectator mode (for custom game on LAN only) you would have to spend a lot less money to get up a decent stream. This way smaller companies can set up a Reach tournament stream much more easily and with lower costs. And MLG could run Halo again at a lower costs. All that because of a very simple feature.

I know the point. Everyone here already knows that they aren't getting a spectator mode. It's time for those who have an interest in exhibiting Halo games to start looking elsewhere in order to do it. The only reason this has become an issue in this thread again is because of some vague Blops2 rumors and a video clip that had someone doing voiceover.

If the goal is to keep complaining until 343 caves, please do it on Waypoint.

sadly not the HaloGaf shirts by you :( But will buy yours also later this year, shipping to Germany is expensive damn.

It is the shirt by Letters I think. If still interested in pictures, I will post them later lol.

Derp I forgot you said you wouldn't get them in time. Still wanna see lol

I'll trade in 5 Spec Ops missions for a spectator mode.
20 for 5 extra MP maps.
10 for an upload to Youtube feature.
15 for a proper map creator.

Sounds about fair.
You know, I'm pretty excited about SpOps and I'm sure I'll be playing the shit out of it but if the netcode turns to be crap then... give me all of that.

Swarmerr

I can imagine the Waypoint forums exploding if that happened.

People would complain about the sandbox being destroyed.

Would complain about how people can now spam the dmr. (this makes me facepalm really really really hard)

Would complain about how bleedthrough is inconsistent and they aren't sure if they are one shot or close to dying.

Finally and best of all they would complain about how they have played halo reach for 2 years now almost and that it isn't fair to change the game to something it wasn't. OHHH IM SORRY, please forgive me because my ten years of halo experience means absolutely nothing.......... It isn't like halo was changed drastically with halo reach or anything. /sarcasm

If this ever happened though (bleedthrough and zb being added universally to the playlists) I would go on waypoint and just say the word adapt over and over again in threads where people complained about bleedthrough and zb. It would be poetic justice in my eyes. Sadly this is only a dream.. :/

Net code is my biggest worry (well, second biggest) in Spartan Ops. Hopefully 343 can comment on it at some point.

I think the fact that they revealed as much of Spartan Ops as they did without touting any upgrades to the net code means that the net code is not as super great as real world players would like.

cocamola

Banned
KiNRr.png
image.php

zoojo.jpg

EDIT: Lol forgot the O

Enfinit

I would go on waypoint and just say the word adapt over and over again in threads where people complained about bleedthrough and zb.

You'd get banned before your third post. It's not Waypoint that's the problem, it's generally just the folks in the Halo 4 forum that give Waypoint a bad rap. The most active users are actually a tight-knit community that's full of good, rational minded people, just like HaloGAF (for the most part), and they (like myself) tend to stay away from the Halo 4 forum unless they're specifically feeling argue-y that day.

I'll trade in 5 Spec Ops missions for a spectator mode.
20 for 5 extra MP maps.
10 for an upload to Youtube feature.
15 for a proper map creator.

Sounds about fair.

I'm pretty sure the biggest goal of Spartan Ops is to introduce more people to Halo's multiplayer.

I remember reading some absurdly high percentage of people who purchase Halo and don't even touch multiplayer.
Even though Halo's multiplayer is huge for many fans, including me, it isn't for a large portion of the community.

COD is the exact opposite, the multiplayer is HUGE.
As in top two of XBL activity for multiple years and multiple releases.

As multiplayer becomes more relevant to a larger portion of 343's audience, they can pour more and more resources, bandwidth, into it.

So SpOps is pretty important to the health of multiplayer in the long run.

Dude, the lady kills wolves. You'll regret it, you'll all regret it! Seriously though, thats a bit disrespectful I think. Sure people do it to Frankie, but he's a regular here.

She lurks here too, and I'm sure she is laughing her ass off at that.

Dude, the lady kills wolves. You'll regret it, you'll all regret it! Seriously though, thats a bit disrespectful I think. Sure people do it to Frankie, but he's a regular here.

Hey, is anyone still playing Reach here or has it moved to shadowrun/halo 3? I'm getting live again, in preparation.

edit: I think you got a spiderweb on your shirt, a zoojoo

JackHerer

If this ever happened though (bleedthrough and zb being added universally to the playlists) I would go on waypoint and just say the word adapt over and over again in threads where people complained about bleedthrough and zb. It would be poetic justice in my eyes. Sadly this is only a dream.. :/

This would be glorious.

Honestly if ZB became the norm the game would become so much more playable. Although I do think that BTB with ZB DMR could be somewhat broken. But I would take that trade. Not like this would ever happen anyway though.

Swarmerr

You'd get banned before your third post. It's not Waypoint that's the problem, it's generally just the folks in the Halo 4 forum that give Waypoint a bad rap. The most active users are actually a tight-knit community that's full of good, rational minded people, just like HaloGAF (for the most part), and they (like myself) tend to stay away from the Halo 4 forum unless they're specifically feeling argue-y that day.

I would say waypoint is the problem in the sense that it has the largest amount of posters that will irrationally accept anything with the halo name in front of it and if anyone disagrees (or critiques a part of halo) they (these large amount of unquestioning halo fan boys) will immediately look to defend halo. In my mind if any post looks to critique ANY part of halo in whatever way these certain posters will instantly jump to the conclusion that the critique is wrong simply because it is not overly positive toward halo.

Arnie

Can't wait. About to watch Barcelona steamroll Manchester United too. And I'm grabbing a portion of chips and curry from the chippy. Top night ahead.

lybertyboy

Thinks the Evil Empire is just misunderstood.
Stay calm. Cool stuff is coming, but don't go off on flights of fancy setting yourselves up for disappointment.

I know the point. Everyone here already knows that they aren't getting a spectator mode. It's time for those who have an interest in exhibiting Halo games to start looking elsewhere in order to do it. The only reason this has become an issue in this thread again is because of some vague Blops2 rumors and a video clip that had someone doing voiceover.

If the goal is to keep complaining until 343 caves, please do it on Waypoint.

I don't think this is an issue of 343 caving. I'm sure they would love to do a spectator mode just like Bungie would of liked to of done networking for Halo CE or 343 building a matchmaking system for CEA. They simply didn't get to implement it for whatever reasons.

Enfinit

I hope the video is Ellis giggling while Angel gives us the jazz hands. Then they both end the video is a Stone Cold-esque middle finger salute.

Tattoo'd across each of their middle fingers is "1-50, bitches."

End video.

a zoojoo

Banned
Sorry i left you hanging nillapuddin, but after playing one game, the urge to play halo has completely left my system.

Damn it.

Kiki Wolfkill said:
@DavidEllis @danayoub the only thing making me feel better right now is what I'm looking at on this video monitor. Epic, epic shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom