• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

Feindflug

So I watched some playthroughs on youtube from the first hour of the game and it seems that both versions have lots of tearing and frame-rate drops (especially while in combat the frame-rate looks like it always takes a hit in both systems) with PS3 being the worst of the two...also spotted some LoD problems that seemed more profound on the PS3 version.

The mid-level loading for some reason in the vids I saw was taking more time on the 360 version than the PS3...either way it looks like it could get really distracting later in the game, hopefully it will not be that bad when installing the game.

Still can't wait for DS2 since it looks awesome but it's disappointing to see that DS2 probably has a worst frame-rate than the first game...I guess the "bigger scope, more ambitious" vision definitely has it's cons. :(

S1kkZ

So I watched some playthroughs on youtube from the first hour of the game and it seems that both versions have lots of tearing and frame-rate drops (especially while in combat the frame-rate looks like it always takes a hit in both systems) with PS3 being the worst of the two...also spotted some LoD problems that seemed more profound on the PS3 version.

The mid-level loading for some reason in the vids I saw was taking more time on the 360 version than the PS3...either way it looks like it could get really distracting later in the game, hopefully it will not be that bad when installing the game.

Still can't wait for the game since it looks awesome and loved the first game but it's disappointing to see that DS2 probably has a worst frame-rate than the first game...I guess the "bigger scope, more ambitious" vision definitely has it's cons. :(

fuck, cant deal with a sub-30 framerate. its a shame that we still have to deal with this shit in 2012. time to get a gaming pc.

Salsa

So is it true that the game checks your achievements/trophies to determine if you played the first game and doesn't need you to still have your actual game save?

this is.. weird on PC since the steam achievements were crazy glitched. I didnt get half of them (did get the endgame one tho)

Feindflug

fuck, cant deal with a sub-30 framerate. its a shame that we still have to deal with this shit in 2012. time to get a gaming pc.

Well I was hoping for at least a similar to the first game's frame-rate (after the patch) but this from what I've seen looks worse...especially the PS3 version.

I guess this was the reason why almost every live demonstration of the game lately was on the PC version. :(

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I hope my PC is master race-y enough to have a good framerate with a decent looks. 1 was perfect, but the requirements are a bit higher this time.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Only three months! ;_;

I'm actually playing through the first Darksiders now for the first time, spurned on by a preview of II that seemed really awesome. So I'll probably be able to hold out. There's no way my laptop will run it, anyway.

I had a tough time deciding between this or Sleeping Dogs but after reading some twitter comments from respectable reviewers out there, especially the guy that mentioned he reviewed three games that went from "pretty good to awesome", there is no doubt in my mind that the "awesome" game is Darksiders 2 and I have not played an awesome game since Max Payne 3. Sleeping Dogs will just have to wait until October.

I had a tough time deciding between this or Sleeping Dogs but after reading some twitter comments from respectable reviewers out there, especially the guy that mentioned he reviewed three games that went from "pretty good to awesome", there is no doubt in my mind that the "awesome" game is Darksiders 2 and I have not played an awesome game since Max Payne 3. Sleeping Dogs will just have to wait until October.

I wanted Sleeping Dogs too, but between that, Darksiders II, Transformers: Fall of Cybertron and Dust: Elysian Tail - I decided Sleeping Dogs can wait (maybe a Black Friday sale). My August is pretty much set.

My 670 shall enjoy running this game. Here's hoping it's not capped at 60fps.

And what if it is? I really do not understand some of you PC gamers out there. The difference between 30 and 60 FPS is huge but I have never seen the difference between 60 and higher. Is your mind more at ease if you can capture 100 FPS?

Yeah, and as much as I'm looking forward to Darksiders 2, I'm disappointed that it's a parallel sequel rather than a chronological sequel.

I understand why anyone would be disappointed with that. I want to see what happens next as well, but I would also like to see individual games for each horseman. Hopefully Strife and Fury get their own games, but that obviously rides on whether this title is successful or not.

And what if it is? I really do not understand some of you PC gamers out there. The difference between 30 and 60 FPS is huge but I have never seen the difference between 60 and higher. Is your mind more at ease if you can capture 100 FPS?

Depends on whether or not your monitor supports 120Hz. Anything higher than 60 on a standard monitor is indistinguishable, because well, it doesn't actually do anything

If you remember playing on a CRT back in the day, having 100fps+ in something felt like greased lightning compared to 30

Facism

200fps jetpacks in Natural Selection are amazing :p

THQ shop cancelled my order so i think it's safe to assume they're not taking any money. Just ordered through Steam. Can't wait, my bredrens.

Depends on whether or not your monitor supports 120Hz. Anything higher than 60 on a standard monitor is indistinguishable, because well, it doesn't actually do anything

If you remember playing on a CRT back in the day, having 100fps+ in something felt like greased lightning compared to 30

Ah, i see. Thanks for the clarification. I have not been in the PC market since 2007.

Haunted

Still can't wait for DS2 since it looks awesome but it's disappointing to see that DS2 probably has a worst frame-rate than the first game...I guess the "bigger scope, more ambitious" vision definitely has it's cons. :(
Not too unexpected.

I'm replaying the first one on PC right now and while it's a pretty non-customisable barebones port, the cranked up AA and AF at 1080p do wonders for the IQ while it's optimised well enough to retain a framerate that's roughly triple of the ~25 I had when I originally played it on 360 (vsynced to 60 to get rid of that tearing, obviously).

Game looks great, will get on PC.

Hindle

Banned
Sure, I'm not saying otherwise, but the ending does leave you wondering what will happen next (or more accurately, how everything will unfold).

They need to introduce the other Horsemen, flesh out thier characters etc. A bit like what Marvel did with the Avengers.

Edit - it would seem rushed imo if they just jumped into a game where all the horsemen are present.

sephi22

THIS FUCKING GAME CAME OUT IN UAE YESTERDAY!!!

And my mom n' pop store owner forgot to text me. Just got off work and going to the place right now. Thats one advantage of being a gamer in Dubai. Small store owners dont care about release dates.

Quick question: what are the (digital) rewards in the collectors (mask) edition? The guy just has a standard copy. Any dosadvantages in owning the regular edition? I didnt follow the whole season pass/dlc thing regarding this game.

BY2K

Membero Americo

:/

Goddamnit.

If the Wii U version doesn't have more fluff, I hope that at least it will be optimized better.

Fuck, I want a new PC. :(

Why not?

BY2K

Membero Americo
PS3 and most likely will double dip the Wii U version.

But if I had a PC that doesn't embarrass me to look at I'd pick the PC version for sure.

:/

Goddamnit.

If the Wii U version doesn't have more fluff, I hope that at least it will be optimized better.

Fuck, I want a new PC. :(

Why not?

Because the better version isn't the one that requires me to wait 3 months and pay 300 dollars for a new console to play. Especially a console that we know nothing about the online mechanism, achievement system, etc etc etc. So no.

PS3 and most likely will double dip the Wii U version.

But if I had a PC that doesn't embarrass me to look at I'd pick the PC version for sure.

Cool.

Which reminds me, should we get like a spreadsheet going for PSN, XBL and Steam IDs? Ya know, for the loot trading and stuff. That'd be cool.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Cool.

Which reminds me, should we get like a spreadsheet going for PSN, XBL and Steam IDs? Ya know, for the loot trading and stuff. That'd be cool.

Meh, not necessary, imo.

Because the better version isn't the one that requires me to wait 3 months and pay 300 dollars for a new console to play. Especially a console that we know nothing about the online mechanism, achievement system, etc etc etc. So no.

Fair enough.

DonMigs85

I played sub-20FPS games on the N64 and liked it.
Look at all these whiners. "Boo-hoo, my precious eyes can't tolerate anything less than 30FPS." :p

So is the Crucible on disc or do I have to put in a password or some shit to unlock it or what

I played sub-20FPS games on the N64 and liked it.
Look at all these whiners. "Boo-hoo, my precious eyes can't tolerate anything less than 30FPS." :p

"Back in my day I played shitty-looking games and liked it! You kids today and your standards!"

So is the Crucible on disc or do I have to put in a password or some shit to unlock it or what

"Back in my day I played shitty-looking games and liked it! You kids today and your standards!"

He is right, though. It is not like this game is THAT unplayable because I have not seen a video that is even remotely getting close to that.

Top Bottom