• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo |OT8| A Salt on the Control Room

So, about Gamefuel in the US:

Q: Will the US also get the Halo 4 gamefuel promotion that has been announced in the UK via facebook?

A: Thank you for taking the time to contact us at Pepsi-Cola regarding Mountain Dew Game Fuel , which had been introduced for a limited time only.

Currently, there are no plans to bring back this product, but I'll be sure to share your feedback with our beverage team for future consideration.

Thanks again for your message. We appreciate your interest in our company and our products.

Tina
Consumer Relations Representative

Take it for whats its worth, but that seems to imply its not going to happen, or if there is Halo 4 mountain dew in the US it may not be gamefuel.. Even so, it seems the UK thing may be exclusive to them. =/

Chieftain headpiece is going a lot smoother than I thought it would. Not sure if anyone has built this yet.
3zw5C.jpg

That thing is gonna look awesome when finished.

No way. Exclusive gear should stay exclusive. The mild amusement you give to those still playing a game years after launch is not worth the upset you cause to people who paid real money for that content.

Also, new Images:

halo4-armor.jpg

halo4-weaponskin.jpg

halo4-emblem.jpg

Images of the Avatar crap here: http://www.littleenglishhaloblog.com/2012/08/new-images-of-halo-4-limited-edition_21.html#more

I disagree, at least to a point, I think pre-order exclusives should be timed exclusives until they can be unlocked via another method. As for the LE, I think t has a good price, so keeping things from it exclusive seems fair. However, making the FOTUS armor for the LE console only really is a bigger slap to the face of community as most of the hardcore fans already own an xbox and also would gravitate towards the LE game. The whole FOTUS thing is more than a little annoying.

Anyways, Im loving that armor for how goofy it is, I definitely want it.. That said, hopefully we will get good pics of the LE Recruit armor soon.

CyReN

You see yourself playing a lot of Reach past Nov. 6th? Honest question.

I'm never touching it again, even if 4 is a steaming pile. :p

I remember when people said that about H3.

I take back all the insults I made to you Halo 3, you are champ. I never want to play Reach again.

There are no plans to discontinue to support for Halo: Reach or Halo 3.

but what will we talk about now:/

FyreWulff

Fyrewulff, get in here to back me up.

Ok, not true. They can't just kill your DLC.

IF they wanted to do anything they could:

1. Remove the DLC from the marketplace, which would not make sense because MS will want to suck as much money as possible from it. Also, MS has never removed anything from the store for reasons other than legal disputes (Doom).

2. They could shut off online for Halo 3 and Reach like Chromehounds or original xbox titles (Halo 2). This is doubtful. The only games that have lost online functionality are old sports titles, original xbox titles, and the occasional third party game that has a tiny online population.

Yeah this is a misunderstanding of some sort. The most MS could do is delist the content from the marketplace. Remote kill wouldn't work because of the Mythic disc and Anniversary having the content on it forever. They could shut off matchmaking but I doubt it. And like you said, they only delist when they absolutely have to, you can still download the freaking Halo 3 Beta if you want to.

edit: that's what i get for doing laundry

Why hello, HaloGaf. Home sick today, unable to even sit up for extended periods of time, but there is one good thing to be seen, I suppose.

<---------

Trey

You see yourself playing a lot of Reach past Nov. 6th? Honest question.

I'm never touching it again, even if 4 is a steaming pile. :p

Not myself in particular, no. Still not a good move/look shutting Reach down when 4 is in consumers' hands.

IHaveIce

Banned
Thank God/Ellis

David do you know or any other 343 Employee know if there will be a hands on in Germany?

I really want to play Halo 4, but I want to know if there will be something in my country before I travel to London or to the Netherlands. <3

heckfu

Banned
I disagree, at least to a point, I think pre-order exclusives should be timed exclusives until they can be unlocked via another method. As for the LE, I think t has a good price, so keeping things from it exclusive seems fair. However, making the FOTUS armor for the LE console only really is a bigger slap to the face of community as most of the hardcore fans already own an xbox and also would gravitate towards the LE game. The whole FOTUS thing is more than a little annoying.

Anyways, Im loving that armor for how goofy it is, I definitely want it.. That said, hopefully we will get good pics of the LE Recruit armor soon.

I can't believe people are actually upset about ARMOR being a console exclusive.

Let's take a step back and analyze this - one company listened to pages and pages and threads and threads of complaints asking for preorder bonuses not to affect gameplay. What? They did it and only made it aesthetic? If having the FOTUS armor is really that big of a deal...shell out the money! Here's your opportunity to grab a $400 virtual costume, and you know what, it's all yours!

On the other hand, the other company is making a beloved map from a previous game with a fancy new hairdo and a fresh coat of lipstick and have attached it to preorder bonus which will affect gameplay from day 1. Didn't preorder Blops2 because you were unsure? Sorry! You get to pay extra money whenever it launches to play with the huge fanbase that did.

But that's a real argument. Not having maps because you didn't preorder is a legitimate thing to bitch and moan about; getting your panties in a wad because you don't have a piece of $400 armor is literally and axiomatically pathetic.

(and responding to you directly, asking for it to be a timed exclusive is a slap in the face to those who DID purchase the console and got the armor...and a little bit selfish)

Yeah this is a misunderstanding of some sort. The most MS could do is delist the content from the marketplace. Remote kill wouldn't work because of the Mythic disc and Anniversary having the content on it forever. They could shut off matchmaking but I doubt it. And like you said, they only delist when they absolutely have to, you can still download the freaking Halo 3 Beta if you want to.

edit: that's what i get for doing laundry

Thank you both.

It was a stupid rumor.

Also, which playlists can I play for the newest Defiant achievements?

Ramirez

I remember when people said that about H3.

I take back all the insults I made to you Halo 3, you are champ. I never want to play Reach again.

I probably said it too, and even though I enjoyed 3 so much more than Reach, I think after 11K games of anything you kinda just get tapped out. Even if the next game sucks in comparison...

Also, finished up the main story line in Sleeping Dogs earlier, game is SO good. If you like GTA, do yourself a favor and pick it up.

Talents

Banned
I probably said it too, and even though I enjoyed 3 so much more than Reach, I think after 11K games of anything you kinda just get tapped out. Even if the next game sucks in comparison...

Between all of my accounts, I've probably played about 7k matchmaking games and like 5k custom games, I still love Halo 3 lol.

Karl2177

I can't believe people are actually upset about ARMOR being a console exclusive.

Let's take a step back and analyze this - one company listened to pages and pages and threads and threads of complaints asking for preorder bonuses not to affect gameplay. What? They did it and only made it aesthetic? If having the FOTUS armor is really that big of a deal...shell out the money! Here's your opportunity to grab a $400 virtual costume, and you know what, it's all yours!

On the other hand, the other company is making a beloved map from a previous game with a fancy new hairdo and a fresh coat of lipstick and have attached it to preorder bonus which will affect gameplay from day 1. Didn't preorder Blops2 because you were unsure? Sorry! You get to pay extra money whenever it launches to play with the huge fanbase that did.

But that's a real argument. Not having maps because you didn't preorder is a legitimate thing to bitch and moan about; getting your panties in a wad because you don't have a piece of $400 armor is literally and axiomatically pathetic.

(and responding to you directly, asking for it to be a timed exclusive is a slap in the face to those who DID purchase the console and got the armor...and a little bit selfish)
Fine. You're stuck using HAZOP all throughout Halo 4.

As I and others have said before, preorder and store specific exclusives are bad practice in general. Even further forcing it to a SKU doesn't bode well for people wanting to own game content that is on disc. If it is an eventual availability, I'm fine with it. But to completely lock that section simply because I already own an Xbox or because I don't feel the LE has a justified $100 price tag, irritates me.

kylej

Banned
I'm not sure how one would be able to tell if their Reach DLC was disabled or not. Someone at 343 should go into the playlist management closet and knock over the broom with a keyboard taped to it. We need some more updates.

Ramirez

Fine. You're stuck using HAZOP all throughout Halo 4.

As I and others have said before, preorder and store specific exclusives are bad practice in general. Even further forcing it to a SKU doesn't bode well for people wanting to own game content that is on disc. If it is an eventual availability, I'm fine with it. But to completely lock that section simply because I already own an Xbox or because I don't feel the LE has a justified $100 price tag, irritates me.

You think it wouldn't irritate the people who bought the console for the exclusives?

As Heck said, it just comes off as selfish. I have no intention of buying the console, and I completely support the armor staying exclusive to the console owners, it's the least they can do for them, heh.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Once again, it is not true unless they completely kill MM in both titles, which is highly unlikely.

Not until I have all of my achievements.
it is horseshit. Reach mm support will be improved after launch not eliminated. If that guy is real, he's an idiot. but I suspect troll.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Wait, are you saying Reach will have better MM support after Halo 4 launches?

It will be updated and improved from current state. Obviously 4 will be main focus, but the whole thing is BS. Either outright fake or an erroneous assclown.

Woorloog

Banned
It will be updated and improved from current state. Obviously 4 will be main focus, but the whole thing is BS. Either outright fake or an erroneous assclown.

Interesting.
As for the stupid rumor, i didn't buy it for one minute. Didn't make any sense at all.

https://twitter.com/bsangel/status/233750130044592128

bs angel confirmed it to me on Twitter that it will get support after.

Note, i asked if it will have BETTER support.

EDIT the twitter post and frankie's post confirmed that already, kinda...
Also, love your gamertag/twitter name

IHaveIce

Banned

Good to know, thank you, maybe you could save my day or my travel plans?

see here:
Thank God/Ellis

David do you know or any other 343 Employee know if there will be a hands on in Germany?

I really want to play Halo 4, but I want to know if there will be something in my country before I travel to London or to the Netherlands. <3

Slaker117

As much as I would like to have access to everything, I think it's fine if the LE and console armor stays exclusive. It's really only the retail specific preorder bonuses that bother me, though luckily those are only skins and not full armor sets.

Top Bottom