• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins creed Confirmed for 360

LukeSmith

jjasper said:
Here is where it came from

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3151655

Am I the only person who thinks this is a waste of money? Seriously WTF

Right, but that sentence is totally speculative, too. I don't think that any money ever changed hands between Sony and Ubisoft at this point. In fact, I think it's quite the opposite. I think the game was ultimately marketed in a weirdly intelligent way, but I don't believe that Sony paid Ubisoft for the announcement rights -- even though back in June I conjectured that as a possible scenario.

I'd just like to know more about the marketing and PR plans for the game, at this point. Why it was handled the way it was and if being cagey about platform arrivals is something that is going to be an anomaly in the industry or if it will become the norm.

Additionally, I want to see what the actual PR says -- there's a whole slew of questions to ask still.

ntb825

Who was it that actually said the game was PS3 exclusive? The media? I know Ubi has taken the "only in development for PS3 at this time" high road many a time, but that never meant it was exclusive.

jjasper

Scoot said:
Right, but that sentence is totally speculative, too. I don't think that any money ever changed hands between Sony and Ubisoft at this point. In fact, I think it's quite the opposite. I think the game was ultimately marketed in a weirdly intelligent way, but I don't believe that Sony paid Ubisoft for the announcement rights -- even though back in June I conjectured that as a possible scenario.

I'd just like to know more about the marketing and PR plans for the game, at this point. Why it was handled the way it was and if being cagey about platform arrivals is something that is going to be an anomaly in the industry or if it will become the norm.

Additionally, I want to see what the actual PR says -- there's a whole slew of questions to ask still.

Do you know when we can expect the PR.

PS you need to pull Jade (I think thats her name) on the show, we need answers.

Azrael

Am I the only person who thinks this is a waste of money? Seriously WTF

Seems unlikely to me. What possible benefit would there be for Sony to withhold the announcement of the 360 version of AC at E3, but have it announced before the PS3 launch? Sounds to me like either the negotiations for an exclusive fell through, or someone violated their NDA.

X26

Banned
ntb825 said:
Who was it that actually said the game was PS3 exclusive? The media? I know Ubi has taken the "only in development for PS3 at this time" high road many a time, but that never meant it was exclusive.

Fault lies with Ubi in this regard in their wording of its availiability and in how they never.shut.up

Anyways the game was meant to be multi-platform from the start, but now that this (false) image has been created that somehow MS snatched away a PS3 exclusive makes the 360 looks like hot shit

+ Ubi
+ MS
- poor old Sony

LukeSmith

ntb825 said:

Different sites -- ours included (check the game overview page descriptions :( ) have erroneously said it was exclusive. Last week at Leipzig a senior Microsoft executive asked me, regarding my Assassin's Creed questions, "have you ever heard of a marketing exclusive?" and I said "like the one you guys have with konami and ea?"

Scoot said:
Different sites -- ours included (check the game overview page descriptions :( ) have erroneously said it was exclusive. Last week at Leipzig a senior Microsoft executive asked me, regarding my Assassin's Creed questions, "have you ever heard of a marketing exclusive?" and I said "like the one you guys have with konami and ea?"

That was a clever jab.

GhaleonEB

Scoot said:
Nice. :lol

What was his reaction?

Norse

GashPrex said:
Ubisoft said that there will be a demo of the game, what if the demo for the 360 version is released during X06?

pft...MS has been releasing big demos on fridays lately...what if the demo was release TOMORROW! muhahahahahahahahahahah

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
Norse said:
pft...MS has been releasing big demos on fridays lately...what if the demo was release TOMORROW! muhahahahahahahahahahah

That would be a kick in the nuts moreso than Fight Night was.

bengraven

Gigglepoo said:
So the first quarter of next year has Lost Planet and Assassin's Creed?

I can't wait!

Yeah and if they can throw in Mass Effect and Mercenaries 2, it would be a very happy time for a 360 gamer like myself...

GhaleonEB

assassins-creed-rumored-20060831055510761-000.jpg

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/729/729877p1.html

Assassin's Creed on Xbox 360 will be released to coincide with the Playstation 3 version in the first quarter of 2007.

Lo-Volt

Not even a time exclusive. What was the point of this wild goose chase? Ubisoft, what the ****. I hope 1up yours verbally rapes the company, frankly.

Surreal

Lo-Volt said:
Not even a time exclusive. What was the point of this wild goose chase? Ubisoft, what the ****. I hope 1up yours verbally rapes the company, frankly.

Agreed, it's just been a big cocktease from the beginning to generate hype.

jett

D-Member
They are all shots(ps3 and 360) from the PC version probably.

And seriously, I just don't understand what the **** Ubisoft was trying to do with all their denying of there being a 360 game. Now they have to make it clear that it's coming out at the same as the time as the ps3 version. :lol What retards.

sangreal

fanboys rally behind exclusives and hype them up a lot more than multiplatform games

I'm not surprised Ubisoft wanted people to think it was exclusive

showing the trailer at x05 probably wasn't the best way to accomplish this though

Amir0x

Banned
typhonsentra said:
:lol

Who ****ing called it?!?

I have to give it to Microsoft though, their ability to spread FUD and false rumors about this game is impressive. I've never seen a company get away with lying so much before in this industry, truly astounding.

EVERYONE, just wanted to quote this so we could point and laugh :lol :lol

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Burger said:
This comes out early next year ? Have we seen the *actual* game yet ?
We did not see it, but a lot of press people so it behind closed doors at E3 and at the Game Convention. I expect some more demos at X06.
Btw, the shots were at a strange 1676x944 resolution (without AA, so no renders) on the Ubisoft PR site.

BigBoss

Burger said:
This comes out early next year ? Have we seen the *actual* game yet ?

Not yet, Ubi hasn't even showed any realtime footage yet. Hopefully we get to see something at X06 or TGS.

Why would ubisoft not come out sooner and say? Well it simple places like gaf giving the game so much talk. Ubisoft must have been pissing themselfs laughing all the free hype forums and gamessites where giving them.:lol Devs need to take notice this is how you hype your game to the hills for free, say only in dev for one next gen cosnole say nothing give little hints it may be multi platfrom stand back and enjoy the free hyperbole.:lol

Blimblim said:
We did not see it, but a lot of press people so it behind closed doors at E3 and at the Game Convention.
Yeah, I was there (GC) and saw it: it was great. However, at GC they showed movies of the E3 demonstration.

Top Bottom