• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT| YOUR MAJESTY

How do you get all these nice things? Do you just buy the package or do you need to have that whole Premium Pass thingy? I want to know since this might be the first time I actually buy something from them.

The physical packages includes a code for 30 days of premium, among the other things it comes with.

Been waiting for a vendor to actually sell the Premium Package.
Play-Asia still doesn't have Pre-orders available. Might go with AmiAmi.

At last check, AmiAmi is sold out. I had to wait a week for them to even confirm they could get a copy for me.

Ok, now I'm a bit more confused. Can I still get this through the Game menus or did I have to pre-order this from a store like Play-Asia?

The premium package with all the exclusive weapons and Sato mag device is strictly a retail product. You can still buy 30 days of premium using AC within the game (though you'll probably have to purchase Webmoney to actually add AC to your account).

PSA: Patch is up. It requires 4.3 GB of space (not sure if the download is actually that large though). Best to get a head start on this one.

I'd be surprised if the English patch remains functional as-is after the patch also. I wouldn't try installing it.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4CcqHVrpOU

Looks sick. So much control. PSO why you so good. I need to make time for this.
First part of the new class/weapon update coming tomorrow! 4.3GB download, lol.
Oh boy just when I wanted to play. Bumped still the best go to resource?
PSA: Patch is up. It requires 4.3 GB of space (not sure if the download is actually that large though). Best to get a head start on this one.

I'd be surprised if the English patch remains functional as-is after the patch also. I wouldn't try installing it.
Whaaaaaaaaaat the English patch got to be semi working again?

ezodagrom

Basically whenever there's an update that makes changes to the text files, a new version of the english patch will be required. Today's update is one of those that require a new version of the patch.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Basically whenever there's an update that makes changes to the text files, a new version of the english patch will be required. Today's update is one of those that require a new version of the patch.
I heard changes made it so it might now even happen again.
Super excited to play more now if it gets back up.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Yeah they found a way to encrypt the files and released patched files back in early August. New update will require new patched files though cause of all the text changes.

wwX9i.png

It begins.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, is there an ETA on the portable version or am I stuck praying PSP2 comes to PSN again? I'm jonesing for a PSO-like clone and Monster Hunter really isn't it. :(

ezodagrom

So, is there an ETA on the portable version or am I stuck praying PSP2 comes to PSN again? I'm jonesing for a PSO-like clone and Monster Hunter really isn't it. :(
Most likely the Vita version is being released in Japan early next year. When it comes to the english version though, it hasn't even been announced, so there's always the possibility that the Vita version could end up not being released in the west.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Most likely the Vita version is being released in Japan early next year. When it comes to the english version though, it hasn't even been announced, so there's always the possibility that the Vita version could end up not being released in the west.

Sega would be dead to me
well, they already are...
if that happened.

I'd shit in Ruby Eclipse's mailbox daily for a good ten years if that happened. :| They better bring it over to the West. BETTER. BRING. IT. OVER.

ezodagrom

Finished uploading another batch of videos, desert quests as FOnewearl in normal mode:

Mech Power Survey: Desert - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30gIrRBFJj8
Cargo Recovery: Desert - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cugxCdcIfIE
Rare Ore Mining - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqCNZ_8oVT8
Desert Exploration - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htb2TPOUhzQ

Patch taking 1000 years as usual :(
It's a 4.3GB patch, so it's normal that it'll take a long time.

Sega would be dead to me
well, they already are...
if that happened.

I'd shit in Ruby Eclipse's mailbox daily for a good ten years if that happened. :| They better bring it over to the West. BETTER. BRING. IT. OVER.
I doubt they would not bring the Vita version to the west, most likely they will bring it, but there's still that small possibility. In the end they didn't bring Portable 2 Infinity to the west. :|

The premium package with all the exclusive weapons and Sato mag device is strictly a retail product. You can still buy 30 days of premium using AC within the game (though you'll probably have to purchase Webmoney to actually add AC to your account).

Well, I guess no package for me then. Guess that's what I get for not paying attention to the details on it :(

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
This patch is just... Uh.
After about 3 hours and I'm downloading from Japan:
pxykv.jpg

5MB/s is my usual speed btw.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
It could be worse...

D98RY.png

:(
But it's been 3 hours! Before leaving, after 30 minutes it was pretty far, so I thought it'll take 1 hour max. When I came back home and it was at 4/5, I thought something is broken. According to NetLimiter it's downloading, though.

Edit:
Seems that Sega has made it possible to use the i-SecureOTP app for their one time password service (basically an authenticator). Problem is, the reviews for the app on the Apple appstore are terrible. Think I'm going to pass on this one.

Edit2:
\o/
C7a0G.jpg

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Servers are up, you can login and play.

Uh, my download was messed up or something else happened, because I couldn't see the background, models didn't show properly and there were just tons of graphical glitches. In the end it kicked me during the loading screen.

Edit:
Patchnotes are up (in Japanese). I won't translate the whole thing, since bumped is doing a great job with it, but I want you all to know about one change asap:
NPCフランカおよびNPCクレシダのアイテム収集系のクライアントオーダーについて、再度受注できるまでの時間を
24時間から168時間へ変更しました。
The gather items type COs from Franka and Cresida's (the violet haired girl) will now reset after 168 hours, not 24 as before. NO NO NOOOO! My super fast leveling for 30k per day is over...

Also, after doing a file check it seems the game is downloading something again, hope this fixes the graphic issues.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Try doing a file check, mine will finish soon, will report.

Other interesting changes:

Regarding COs, some of the requirements for the ones given by Franka have been softened:
NPCフランカの一部クライアントオーダーの発生条件を緩和しました。
They didn't write which ones though.
ダメージ表示が5桁まで表示されるよう変更しました。
5 digit damage numbers!
マイショップの商品検索において、アイテム名の「カタカナ/平仮名」「半角/全角」「大文字/小文字」「ローマ数字/英数字」
「記号の有り無し」を区別せずに検索できるように変更しました。
They've also fixed the "input the characters the correct way" (half-width/full-width) my shop seach problem.
マイショップで検索結果を50件以上表示できるように変更しました。
We can view more than 50 items now in the my shop search!
メインメニューから受注中のクライアントオーダーの破棄ができるように変更しました。
It's possible to cancel a CO from the main menu without having to got to the NPC.
マグのエネルギーが0%になった際に、マグの頭上にアイコンが表示されるように変更しました。
An icon will show above Mag's head when its energy reaches 0%.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Ctrl+C now works in menu items and player shops! No more adding it to Present/Wishlist in order to copy it and search the player shops!

Uh, my download was messed up or something else happened, because I couldn't see the background, models didn't show properly and there were just tons of graphical glitches. In the end it kicked me during the loading screen.

Edit:
Patchnotes are up (in Japanese). I won't translate the whole thing, since bumped is doing a great job with it, but I want you all to know about one change asap:
The gather items type COs from Franka and Cresida's (the violet haired girl) will now reset after 168 hours, not 24 as before. NO NO NOOOO! My super fast leveling for 30k per day is over...

Also, after doing a file check it seems the game is downloading something again, hope this fixes the graphic issues.
Ugh that change sucks. I knew I should have finished lv'ing up ranger to 30 before the patch came out...

This CO seems to be new:

jbxOEEQIloEXPS.jpg

I have it for Marlu and Ohza, but not for Lisa. Guessing its the new class CO cause I have Hunter & Force at lv 30+, but Ranger is stuck at 24.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I knew I should have finished lv'ing up ranger to 30 before the patch came out...
My Force... So close :( (13 levels or so)

Anyway if you encounter graphical glitches or the game crashes for you, do a file check from the launcher, it fixed everything for me.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
3 very important things post-update!

1. Teams can now level up and get Team Banks and even a Team Room.
2. You need to get 50 drops from lv 21+ Darkers for the new classes COs. COs can be found at class "trainers" - Ooza, Lisa and Maru.
3. It seems that the best place to farm those items is the desert open field hard mode. Many Darkers and most importantly the tentacles of the desert boss drop the CO items.

Edit:

It's ok, it's alright..... I don't need there super fast leveling. Oh who am I kidding, why does Sega keep screwing me over ;_;

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
New classes GET miniguide

Ok, there are basically 3 steps for getting access to the 3 new classes - Fighter, Gunner and Teacher:

1. Get the required main class to level 30.
- Hunter for Fighter
- Ranger for Gunner
- Force for Techer

2. Speak to your class trainer and get the new CO - getting 50 items from lv 21+ Darkers while using your class specific weapons (no Gunslash):
- Ohza for Hunter/Fighter. CO - ファイタークラスの推挙
- Lisa for Ranger/Gunner. CO - ガンナーに推薦しましょうかあ?
- Maru for Force/Techer. CO - テクタークラスになりたいの?

3. Go to the Desert Free Field Hard Mode, get to the boss and attack only the tentacles. They have by far the highest drop rate of the quest items for whatever reason.
Alternative way - first Desert quest in Hard Mode spawns a lot of Darkers so it's the way to go if you don't want to fight the boss.

4. Finish the CO and you'll get a new one from Coffee. The Coffee CO is the one that actually unlocks the new class.
You are required to kill a few bosses level 21 or higher, with specific weapon types:
a) Hunter/Fighter. CO - ファイタークラス許可申請試練
- 3x Rock Bear - Sword
- 3x Vol Dragon - Wired Lance
- 3x Guwanada (desert boss) - Spear

b) Ranger/Gunner. CO - ガンナークラス許可申請試練
- 4x Rock Bear - Launcher
- 5x Vol Dragon - Rifle

c) Force/Techer. CO - テクタークラス許可申請試練
- 4x Rock Bear - Rod
- 5x Vol Dragon - Talis

If this CO is like all the others, you just have to deal the killing blow with the specific weapon.

Nishastra

Banned
Bah. I had the patch going when I went to bed last night, but of course it failed at some point... So much for playing this morning :p

Also, changing the COs from daily to weekly is pretty damn crappy. Most of them aren't good enough to bother doing weekly...

Blueblur1

Read this at Bumped.org.

• For Clessida and Franka’s Item Collecting Client Orders, changed the amount of time it takes to redo them from 24 hours to 168 hours.
This sucks! That's how I was leveling (when I was last playing the game). :mad:

4. Finish the CO and you'll get a new one from Coffee. The Coffee CO is the one that actually unlocks the new class.
You are required to kill a few bosses, with specific weapon types:

If this CO is like all the others, you just have to deal the killing blow with the specific weapon.

Is there any level requirement on the boss kills?

Also, could anyone put up a torrent or something for the game files post-patch? A friend is having internet connection issues which is making the patcher fail hardcore.

VariantX

Damn patch failed on me like 3 times. Twice last night and once more this morning. Hoping it's done by the time I get home from school

Failed here too after several hours of downloading. It lost all the progress twice. I can't believe there can be a program unable of resume downloads at 2012.

Does anyone know if this coming to the west? And will you be able to use the same character across Vita and PC?

They just had a showing at PAX Prime. Data won't be shared with the Japanese servers though, and I believe it came out recently that the Vita version probably won't be leaving Japan either.

The PC version is still the only version available today, but all versions of the game are supposed to use the same servers once they're out. I believe all the versions should be demonstrated in some capacity at TGS.

Nishastra

Banned
Alright. Home and on my way to becoming a Techer.

I really like both Megid and Zan. Zan is just awesome against big groups, even at level 1 with no skills :p

I feel like I'm going to be making damn good use of all the extra buttons on my mouse soon.

They just had a showing at PAX Prime. Data won't be shared with the Japanese servers though, and I believe it came out recently that the Vita version probably won't be leaving Japan either.

The PC version is still the only version available today, but all versions of the game are supposed to use the same servers once they're out. I believe all the versions should be demonstrated in some capacity at TGS.

Cool thanks for the info

Nishastra

Banned
... Turrets?

I just found a turret in the forest. I got in it and shot a Fang Banshee for about 5 seconds until he pounced on me and knocked me out of it.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Failed here too after several hours of downloading. It lost all the progress twice. I can't believe there can be a program unable of resume downloads at 2012.
You can try to download the new client from the site, the link was updated yesterday.

Top Bottom