• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Japan mag news (Ninja Gaiden PS3, White Knight Level5 PS3!) Scans!

RaijinFY

Bebpo said:
Hmmm...anyone get the feeling GT Premium will be a true-GT5-style next-gen GT experience with the best graphics out there for racers, but then only feature......1 track (the new one being made for the game)?

And then GT Classic will be standard GT:HD.

GT Premium = GT5 Prologue...

Luckyman

Banned
http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33831

GT-info..
The latest issue of Famitsu has an interview with Kazunori Yamauchi for the new Gran Turismo on PS3.

+ They'll release 2 versions for the new Gran Turismo (they use the same "Gran Turismo HD" name of the E3 demo for the product names) for the PS3 soon. Both support online multiplayer.

+ The proper GT5 is going to hit in 2008. GT HD is meant to grow the rich network service before GT5. The online modes are based on the 4 modes in GT4:Online beta (Quick Race/Tuned Race/Private Race/Time Attack) and several other modes are added. The online will be launched worldwide at the same time.

+ Gran Turismo HD: Premium is essentially a GT5 prologue that uses the full graphics power of the PS3. (Pictures show a 3D spectator crowd, very detailed car models with interiors.) The weather changes while racing. It comes with 2 courses (both original and new, city and nature) and 30 cars including new ones. You can buy additional 30 cars and 2 courses (real circuits) later online. This version (or both GT HD, not sure) is a pure driving simulator and almost a tool. You don't get cars in in-game events, you just do whatever you want with games and courses or buy new ones via online.

+ Gran Turismo HD: Classic is what adopts the GT:HD playable demo at E3 and meant to showcase the online aspect. A race is done with about 20 cars. Apparently this version starts with no cars or courses. You download a car for 50 - 100 yen (0.43 - 0.85$) and a course for 200 - 500 yen (1.71 - 4.26$). Over 750 cars and 50 cars are available for purchase. Users can define race events freely and can hold online race events by themselves.

+ Not all cars and courses are available on the release date, they are added monthly. Some models may be a limited release for 1000 units. New playing modes and tuning parts may be available via download. It's still undecided if they allow trade among users in fear of real money trade.

I said WOW.

Ceb

TheJollyCorner said:
Considering MGS4 and Coded Arms are some of the only Konami PS3 games announced so far, I'd expect them to announce more @ TGS... and SH5 should be one of them.

*crosses fingers*

I used to think SH5 would be a no-show at TGS because of SH Origins. Then I remembered that Konami are showing both Coded Arms Assault (PS3) and Coded Arms Contagion (PSP), so it looks like they've got nothing against cross-promotion. :)

SH5 @ TGS - believe. :E

bud

+ Gran Turismo HD: Premium is essentially a GT5 prologue that uses the full graphics power of the PS3.

c319f15e1e9a78f4b4dc098a6c6aa1.gif

Bebpo

Banned
Ummm, I hope the game is like $5 if there are no tracks/cars on it and just GT5 prologue.

This is the worst goddamn microtransaction yet.

50 tracks x $2 = $100 just for the tracks before the cars.

**** you Polyphony.

Ok, so GT:HD is is going to be GT: Microtransactions Bitches. If I get it I might just spend $10 just to check it out a little. From then on I'll see if it's worth spending more on.

I know some people will hate this idea. But it's just a side project until GT5, and I have no problem with it.

JoJo13

Banned
You download a car for 50 - 100 yen (0.43 - 0.85$) and a course for 200 - 500 yen (1.71 - 4.26$). Over 750 cars and 50 cars are available for purchase. Users can define race events freely and can hold online race events by themselves.
WTF....microtransaction FTW!?!?! o_O

Mmmkay

Luckyman said:
+ Gran Turismo HD: Classic is what adopts the GT:HD playable demo at E3 and meant to showcase the online aspect. A race is done with about 20 cars. Apparently this version starts with no cars or courses. You download a car for 50 - 100 yen (0.43 - 0.85$) and a course for 200 - 500 yen (1.71 - 4.26$). Over 750 cars and 50 cars are available for purchase. Users can define race events freely and can hold online race events by themselves.

+ Not all cars and courses are available on the release date, they are added monthly. Some models may be a limited release for 1000 units. New playing modes and tuning parts may be available via download. It's still undecided if they allow trade among users in fear of real money trade.
Yeah.... After Kaz Hirai's gaffe and now this, there are officially no 'theoretical discussions' from Sony execs.

http://www.1up.com/do/feature?pager.offset=3&cId=3151510
OPM: Most people, when they think of a hard drive on a game system, they think of it as just a really big memory card. When you and Kutaragi are encouraging developers to use the hard drive to its full capacity, as someone with a software background, what are you envisioning when you say, "Use the hard drive"?

PH: Well, I'll give you an example; Kazunori [Yamauchi, producer of the Gran Turismo series] would kill me for this: Imagine Gran Turismo shipping on a disc with one car and one track. And then you can browse, online, a dynamic circuit of vehicles that's growing every day because either the car manufacturers are adding new vehicles or we're adding new vehicles. And you can see a specific-type car that's being called up and say, "I think I'll play with that one. Let me download and play it." Maybe the business model allows you to play it for a day; maybe the business model allows you to own it forever. But that content is now yours on your hard drive. Or [maybe you could download] new tracks, new music, whole games.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Holy shiz..this thread has much megatonnage in it.

GT:HD looks awesome..I assume that's the premium stuff? Not so gone on the microtransaction-ation, unless it's very cheap, but if it's basically GT5: Prologue, I'll eagerly pick it up :D

As for the rest, just :eek:

LevelNth said:
Yeah if GT:HD Classic really doesn't have a single car or track, then this game better be $20 tops.

What if you don't buy the game on disc at all? What if you just download the game and content on top of that to the harddrive?

Ceb said:
I used to think SH5 would be a no-show at TGS because of SH Origins. Then I remembered that Konami are showing both Coded Arms Assault (PS3) and Coded Arms Contagion (PSP), so it looks like they've got nothing against cross-promotion. :)

SH5 @ TGS - believe. :E

I think it's about time to unleash Hell. :)

Ceb

Umm, so GTHD and HD: Premium will be released as two separate products?

And WTF @ GTHD not coming with any built-in courses. I could deal with buying cars, because I'd only get a handful anyway, but paying for old courses? Hell no.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Come on Sony buy Both Level 5 and Factor 5 already. Both of these companies are going to be behemoths this coming generation.

jett

D-Member
Gran Turismo HD: Classic is what adopts the GT:HD playable demo at E3 and meant to showcase the online aspect. A race is done with about 20 cars. Apparently this version starts with no cars or courses. You download a car for 50 - 100 yen (0.43 - 0.85$) and a course for 200 - 500 yen (1.71 - 4.26$). Over 750 cars and 50 cars are available for purchase. Users can define race events freely and can hold online race events by themselves.

No, THIS is WOW worthy. WHAT THE ****? Microstransactions taken to the ****ing stratosphere.

Moderation Unlimited said:
What if you don't buy the game on disc at all? What if you just download the game and content on top of that to the harddrive?

Seriously, if there is nothing there to begin with why bother with a disc release and not just make it a blasted download from the get go cause you are going to have to anyway because the lack of f*cking cars and courses in the first place!!!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Ok, help me getting this right. How many GTs are going to be released? 3? GTHD: Premium, GTHD: Classic and eventually GT5?

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
HomerSimpson-Man said:
Seriously, if there is nothing there to begin with why bother with a disc release and not just make it a blasted download from the get go cause you are going to have to anyway because the lack of f*cking cars and courses in the first place!!!

That'd make sense, maybe they will make it a download-only. Or bundle it on the system. It could even be free under that model.

Are Premium and Classic seperate things?

LevelNth

Banned
TheProfessor said:
Come on Sony buy Both Level 5 and Factor 5 already. Both of these companies are going to be behemoths this coming generation.
Sony pretty much owns Level 5, they've published and funded every single one of their games (minus the TFLO disaster), and they seem to be throwing more and more cash at them every game.

Ajax

Banned

I'm gonna hate the word "microtransactions" next gen aren't I?

RaijinFY

LevelNth said:
Sony pretty much owns Level 5, they've published and funded every single one of their games (minus the TFLO disaster), and they seem to be throwing more and more cash at them every game.

Well It's the same kind of relationship as they have with Insomniac.

Bebpo said:
Imagine if they use the same model for GT5...

Maybe not quite as extreme, but...

....can you imagine the reactions from the mainstream in which GT is already know to be one of the biggest sellers? People buy the game and seeing maybe dozens of cars instead of the hundreds upon hundreds the series are known for, backlash total.

"I paid $60 for this?!"

Mrbob

Glad I don't like GT games. :D

As a positive, just buy the cars you want and you aren't stuck with the ones you don't need.

I'm actually interested in GT: Microtransactions edition because I can get my fill for about 15 bucks.

Considering the microtransaction-age of GT:HD Classic, I'm slightly confident that the game will be free/shipped in the hard drive. Either that or Sony is FUUTA.

Premium, however... :)

Feindflug

Bebpo said:
Imagine if they use the same model for GT5...

Let's all hope such a stupid thing won't happen...

Anyway great great news! NG PS3 sounds awesome (I love NG and I have both NG's on XBOX so I'm getting this as well), can't wait to see GT HD Premium! & Level 5's PS3 RPG sounds freakin' amazing...SOTC + RPG = gaming heaven! <3 Level 5! :)

Also can't wait to see more MGS4 screens / info! TGS will own. :D

Dracos

I thought part of the fun in the game was earning enough money to buy the cars you want with game money, not real money. Imagine Pokemon where you have to pay for the pokemon you want. I say again **** microtransactions.

sangreal

LevelNth said:
Yeah if GT:HD Classic really doesn't have a single car or track, then this game better be $20 tops.

Wait... are you seriously telling me you would pay $20 for a racing game with no cars or tracks?

If this news is true, I expect it to come bundled on the HDD or be a download

What about people with no internet connection?

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
"+ Gran Turismo HD: Classic is what adopts the GT:HD playable demo at E3 and meant to showcase the online aspect. A race is done with about 20 cars. Apparently this version starts with no cars or courses. You download a car for 50 - 100 yen (0.43 - 0.85$) and a course for 200 - 500 yen (1.71 - 4.26$). Over 750 cars and 50 cars are available for purchase. Users can define race events freely and can hold online race events by themselves."

holy shit, **** you sony.

RaijinFY

sangreal said:
Wait... are you seriously telling me you would pay $20 for a racing game with no cars or tracks?

If this news is true, I expect it to come bundled on the HDD or be a download

What about people with no internet connection?

IMO, that's the deal. It comes preinstalled within the HDD or It's a Blu-Ray included in the 60GB pack. They cant sell that shit in the market.

Musashi Wins! said:
"+ Gran Turismo HD: Classic is what adopts the GT:HD playable demo at E3 and meant to showcase the online aspect. A race is done with about 20 cars. Apparently this version starts with no cars or courses. You download a car for 50 - 100 yen (0.43 - 0.85$) and a course for 200 - 500 yen (1.71 - 4.26$). Over 750 cars and 50 cars are available for purchase. Users can define race events freely and can hold online race events by themselves."

holy shit, **** you sony.

Ownage! TGS is a whopper this year. I don't remember TGS being so huge on all fronts in years past. :O

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Talk about bittersweet.

So we get to check out what GT5 will look like in 2 years (yay), but in the meantime, get a gimped version of GTHD on PS3 now (F that S in the A).

I'm curious to see if their online for GTHD classic is as clunky and limited in options as the GT4 beta tests.

Top Bottom