• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Japan mag news (Ninja Gaiden PS3, White Knight Level5 PS3!) Scans!

snatches

Pimpwerx said:
I posted this at 11:19am in this thread:

**** you, Sony. No, really...**** you. This here is some bullshit. But to be honest with you, I've been prepared for this for months. This is the first thing I ever thought of when I heard about microtransactions. This is easily the worst microtransaction-related announcement to date, which might make it the worst game announcement in a very long time. I'm such a fool because I'm still going to buy this. Someone save me. :( Che? PEACE.

EDIT: This GTHD info kinda deserves its own hatefest...I mean thread.

That thread existed and was 6 pages long in half an hour but it got locked due to undue hate at this news. somebody called it GT: BAMYOUHAVEAIDS edition or something like that and bish locked down that sombitch

snatches

Here's Scoot's report from 1up news. Turns out Phil Harrison warned us about this in June:
Does this sound a little familiar? It should. Phil Harrison alluded to a possible future like this one last June in OPM.

I'll give you an example; Kazunori [Yamauchi, producer of the Gran Turismo series] would kill me for this: Imagine Gran Turismo shipping on a disc with one car and one track. And then you can browse, online, a dynamic circuit of vehicles that's growing every day because either the car manufacturers are adding new vehicles or we're adding new vehicles. And you can see a specific-type car that's being called up and say, "I think I'll play with that one. Let me download and play it." Maybe the business model allows you to play it for a day; maybe the business model allows you to own it forever. But that content is now yours on your hard drive. Or [maybe you could download] new tracks, new music, whole games.

Now, is it possible that the game will be a full-priced title with a built-in download system that allows users to download cars and tracks equal to the number of the game's retail price? We hope the model ends up similar to this. However, right now, details are extremely sparse, and Sony has to have an answer to these questions -- most of the people who can answer are over in Tokyo, we'll update if we hear back.

Welcome to next-gen.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Wow I am assuming GTHD will be a free download online and people get to buy what they want with the game (choice!).

Ohh I want this car: 50 cents please
Ohh I want that track: 1.50 please

Let's race bitches ...
[get's owned by japanese gamer at 2 am]
Buys new car is a shameful attempt to outcar the competition
100$ later
[finally wins first race]

Welcome to the future of gaming baby.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
sangreal said:
Wait... are you seriously telling me you would pay $20 for a racing game with no cars or tracks?

If this news is true, I expect it to come bundled on the HDD or be a download

What about people with no internet connection?

You'll probably have to buy bundles ala singstar for $20

GTHD with 100 japanese cars and 10 tracks
GTHD with 100 American cars and 10 tracks

Etc...

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
TheProfessor said:
Wow I am assuming GTHD will be a free download online and people get to buy what they want with the game (choice!).

Ohh I want this car: 50 cents please
Ohh I want that track: 1.50 please

Let's race bitches ...
[get's owned by japanese gamer at 2 am]
Buys new car is a shameful attempt to outcar the competition
100$ later
[finally wins first race]

Welcome to the future of gaming baby.
you got to be shitting me

jarosh

it's a little late but i might as well post them here too (since nobody else did). they will not go down, i can promise that.

color corrected plus more sharpness and details. because i love you guys so much

mgsscan1.jpg

mgsscan2.jpg

mgsscan3.jpg

mgsscan4.jpg

Blame!

i know that kojima prod. will not disappoint but those scans make MGS4 gameplay look sort adowngrade..... need to see vids from tgs!

neptunes

hmm, behind the shoulder cam

Splinter Cell, RE4, and GearsofWar must have prompted kojima to consider a new camera option.

Tieno

neptunes said:

Splinter Cell, RE4, and GearsofWar must have prompted kojima to consider a new camera option.
It's a good camera position. Nice and close. Intimate!

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Error2k4 said:
you got to be shitting me

I was showing the irony of it all. Anyway there is something positive to the scheme. You might end up paying a lot of money for all the content but then again if you're a casual gamer I imagine you will not get too many cars.

As someone else mentioned, no one actually plays with 300+ cars. This time they are available but you pay for the ones that interest you. And also I assume the Japanese prices are higher than what the US prices will be just because the dollar is weak at the moment. more likely it will be around .25-.50 cents for cars and $1 for tracks. I wonder if it includes taxes. Do online stores charge tax in Japan?

Average gamer would probably buy 50 (being generous) cars which will be ~ 15 dollars. Coupled with 10 tracks and you have yourself a $25 package.

They will most likely sell bundles like I mentioned before where they give you 50-100 cars with some tracks at 20 dollars each. You can buy these online or off.

But anyway I still hate the idea simply because is not GT5 but GT4HD but oh well. How the heck will the single player part be? Also this is suppose to include the motorcycle version of GT no?

on a side note a lot of people on GAF say sarcasm when they mean ironic

Endymion

What on earth is going on here, it looks like heaven after months of pain. Virtually every PS3 here is a must own for me. Level 5 RPG, Ninja Gaiden, MGS4... I was the biggest GT: HD hater, but if they improved the graphics THAT dramatically (as shown in scans, awesome), plus 20 cars races and online... [faints]

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Blame! said:
i know that kojima prod. will not disappoint but those scans make MGS4 gameplay look sort adowngrade..... need to see vids from tgs!

Hahahahahahahahha

:lol it hurst so bad.

We need Wonderful World scans, stat! Also, is Front Mission the 1st entirely 3D? I can't tell from that pic.

And wtf @ Kojima DS support. Lunar Knights looks like a GBA game with touch gimmicks thrown in, and a freaking stock simulator? It's like KP is just developing on the DS for the sake of developing on the DS. Very dissapointed in KP DS support.

birdchili

TheProfessor said:
Average gamer would probably buy 50 (being generous) cars which will be ~ 15 dollars. Coupled with 10 tracks and you have yourself a $25 package.

the probability that Sony will set this up so that the average GT purchaser spends *less* money than they would if it was released old-school-style is exactly zero.

birdchili said:
the probability that Sony will set this up so that the average GT purchaser spends *less* money than they would if it was released old-school-style is exactly zero.

Is your statement based on scientific method?

gbovo

birdchili said:
Maybe we should just wait and see what the probabilities Sony has in store for this game b4 jumping the gun, shall we.:)

Lionheart

Wasn't GT: HD running from the HDD at last E3 anyway (well, not one game was running off BluRay of course, but it was specifically mentioned at the press conference I believe)? I could see them making this the first big 'download only' game for PS3, for a couple of dollars with a couple of dozens cars and some tracks; with extra tracks / cars as dlc.

Or make it a free download or pre-load it on every HDD with even less cars / tracks, but the last option would piss off other publishers I'm sure.

Kittonwy

Banned
birdchili said:

Yes, I'm sure SCEWW wants people to spend less money on software instead of actually spending more money but feeling like they're spent less money.
indifferent.gif

neptunes said:

nnnnnnnoonononononono
damit i wanted MGS to maintain its own damn uniqueness and mystique.....not copying casual shooters

VictimOfGrief said:
boy what a downgrade.

/runs

woww if those are really the car models....thenn dizzzammmmmnnn.......could someone clarify on that?? OH AND BTW....THERE IS NO WAY I AM GETTING INTO MICROTRANSACTIONS IF f***ING SONY DOESNT HAvE THE DECENCY TO LICENSE FERRARI, PORSCHE, LAMBORGHINI, MCLAREN, AND ALL THOSE OTHER COOL CAR COMPANIES. if they don't, imagine how bad it will look compared to forza 2.....eh....i guess its just a wait and see game.....

oh yeah...and im betting that ninja gaiden sigma is a straight up remake to take advantage of the playstation 3 power.....just watch..

RaijinFY

atomiswave said:
woww if those are really the car models....thenn dizzzammmmmnnn.......could someone clarify on that?? OH AND BTW....THERE IS NO WAY I AM GETTING INTO MICROTRANSACTIONS IF f***ING SONY DOESNT HAvE THE DECENCY TO LICENSE FERRARI, PORSCHE, LAMBORGHINI, MCLAREN, AND ALL THOSE OTHER COOL CAR COMPANIES. if they don't, imagine how bad it will look compared to forza 2.....eh....i guess its just a wait and see game.....

oh yeah...and im betting that ninja gaiden sigma is a straight up remake to take advantage of the playstation 3 power.....just watch..

Wow so much...

Dante said:
Forever dumb indeed. What's dowgraded? or were you simply just trolling?
Well those don't look like anything that was promised in the GT:HD trailer or hell even in GT5 for that matter. Granted that's ... what... two cars out of 350?

Razoric

Banned
VictimOfGrief said:
Well those don't look like anything that was promised in the GT:HD trailer or hell even in GT5 for that matter. Granted that's ... what... two cars out of 350?

VictimOfGrief
Forever Dumb

VictimOfGrief said:

Do you even have a clue of what you're talkign about? Those models, in terms of detail, are no different from the VGT models, what made those models look especially good is all the lighting on them because of them beign on tracks and in the showroom. Neither of those are in a setting like that.

Dante

VictimOfGrief said:

Analyizing all those fine details through that glare are ya? :lol

LevelNth

Banned
Could I trouble anyone for a breakdown of what the Famitsu reviewers said about Project Sylpheed? Thanks in advance if anyone can.

Pimpwerx

Dante said:
Analyizing all those fine details through that glare are ya? :lol
Oddly enough, the other page in that set of cam pics features more cars. The GT5 models should look the shit. But goddamn if we're not getting wailed in the nuts repeatedly these days. The whole concept just blows. PEACE.

Top Bottom