• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Japan mag news (Ninja Gaiden PS3, White Knight Level5 PS3!) Scans!

Pimpwerx

Looking at those WK scans reminds me of the best thing about this gen, the return of capes! I mean long, flowing capes. This gen had neutered heroes, but now we can return to the robed wizards and mages and the heroic knights with billowing capes. Yeah...capes. PEACE.

Wow, very nice improvements to the models on NG. Gonna have to make NG1 a trilogy when I get a PS3 eventually. Mighty nice.

Lortnoc Egamad said:
Looks like NGB CGi stuff, PS3 is shaping up to have all the best action games from last gen, DMC, GOW and NG on one system.
Time travel-fixed. :)

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Just as expected, an improved port/remake with a few extras thrown in. People should stop hyperventilating, it was clear as water this was another Twin Snakes-like case (luckily Tecmo is not DK)

I hope it is 1080p at least, Ninja Gaiden is still an awesome looking game and it could look even better with a few tweaks in the lighting and res departments.

Lortnoc Egamad said:
Looks like NGB CGi stuff, PS3 is shaping up to have all the best action games this gen, DMC, GOW and NG on one system.
Time to pay a visit to the optometrist, son.

Kal

Lortnoc Egamad said:
Looks like NGB CGi stuff, PS3 is shaping up to have all the best action games this gen, DMC, GOW and NG on one system.

Huh? Are we looking at the same scans here? Maybe I should wait for direct-feed screenshots but I don't see anything here that is significantly better than NB: Black.

Yoboman

Ninja Gaiden looks fantastic, looks like there are clearly some last gen assets there. Hopefully to be replaced. Gran Tuirsmo 5 is INSANE

Funky Papa said:
Just as expected, a high res port with a few extras thrown in. People should stop hyperventilating, it was cleas as water this was another Twin Snakes-like case (luckily Tecmo is not DK)

I hope it is 1080p at least, Ninja Gaiden is still an awesome looking game and it could look even better with a few tweaks in the lighting and res departments.

I hope at least that this version doesn't retain the "fake local lighting" that the original had, that bugged me a little. Otherwise, it's like a higher res version which is ok looking for the PS3, but people saying this looks like the CG need their eyes checked.

sangreal

SolidSnakex said:
:lol Team Ninja is a freakin joke in the next gen.

seriously, what happened

I don't know, maybe its just a case of their ridiculous bullshots from last gen ****ing them over now

MightyHedgehog said:
Huh? Who said it looks like the prerendered stuff from NG?
Lortnoc Egamad said:

SolidSnakex said:
:lol Team Ninja is a freakin joke in the next gen.

Which is sad, because I really thought they produced some the greatest graphics last gen... was looking forward to what they could do next gen and as it is, I'm pretty dissapointed. :/

MightyHedgehog said:
Time travel-fixed. :)
Thanks, the excitement got over me.

Huh? Are we looking at the same scans here? Maybe I should wait for direct-feed screenshots but I don't see anything here that is significantly better than NB: Black.

39177_L.jpg

01.jpg

rev2.jpg

Compare Rachel models.

The thing is, Ninja Gaiden in-game graphics were already quite crazy.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
The main character models are very nice. Certainly on a par with anything else Team Ninja has put out so far this gen, in that regard. The environments and such look more like what you'd expect from a port-em-up judging by these shots. Though it's a little hard to tell.

Hopefully there'll be footage at TGS.

sangreal said:
Ooops. Reading comprehension isn't equipped currently.

*snap*

Okay. Didn't read that despite the fact that I quoted it. No, it doesn't look like the prerendered stuff in NG. The Ryu model looks a little more filled-out, though. And regardless of how it's upgraded, I'm gonna get it. Can't help myself with this game.

Elios83

The models in NG:S look like the NGB CG,the rest is a slight upgrade in HD of the original version.Really good anyway,can't wait to see footage.

Oh and lol at people mistaking GT:HD premium shots as reality :lol :D :)

Striek

Funky Papa said:
Hush, hush! DMC4 loos totally next gen, didn't you receive the memo?
dante_ss01.jpg

nero_ss02.jpg

dante_ss02.jpg

nero_ss03.jpg

nero_ss01.jpg

You better mean that as in, it doesn't look like the next-gen everyone imagined before we realised our expectations were unrealistic, otherwise you must be very disappointed with the 'next-gen' we have.

duckroll said:
Hey how come no one is talking about those awesome totally next-gen Super Robot Wars XO scans I posted? :(

Looks awesome!
for the DS!

Striek said:
You better mean that as in, it doesn't look like the next-gen everyone imagined before we realised our expectations were unrealistic, otherwise you must be very disappointed with the 'next-gen' we have.

Expecting Capcom to keep to their promise is being unrealistic?

D2M15

DAFFY DEUS EGGS
duckroll said:
Hey how come no one is talking about those awesome totally next-gen Super Robot Wars XO scans I posted? :(

Is there an opportunity to complain that scans of screenshots of an incomplete build are graphically disappointing for what I expect from next-gen? If there is, I'M THERE.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
duckroll said:
Culdcept Saga:

Nobody feels like talking about PS2 games on a day like this. Oh yes, I went there.

*snaps*

duckroll said:
Culdcept Saga:

I want to play this because the concept sounds cool. Not gonna do well with the visual-obsessed modern gamer, though.

Get the series localized for us English-only folks and I'll care.

Striek

Magicpaint said:
Expecting Capcom to keep to their promise is being unrealistic?
In the context of actually thinking it was perfectly achievable, yeah. In the context of holding them to it, not at all. But thats neither here nor there. I was referring to how since MTV'05 our expectations took a sharp decline :)

Anyhoo, compared with the CG, sure its disappointing. Compared to other next-gen games? No goddamn way.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Striek said:
I see a glaring lack of shaders, bad texture filtering and an awful lot of textures simulating polygons, not to mention the pre-baked lighting. It's like Lost Planet: very tightned and polished previous gen tech with a few modern touches here and there. I am sure it will look much better in movement, just like LP does, but only because of the finely tuned effects like motion blur and its good artistic direction.

DMC4 may look decent, but "next gen graphics" are nowhere to be seen. This is something being shown by quite a few Japanese developers so far.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
vspectra06 said:
Wait for some direct-feed NGS pics before you start comparing. DMC4 really doesn't look any better than this.

Not to start anything, but it sounds like you already made up for mind. You say wait for the direct feed shots before comparing, but then you go ahead and compare saying NG looks about the same. Color me confused.

EDIT: Correction

Grizzlyjin said:
Not to start anything, but it sounds like you already made up for mind. You say wait for the direct feed shots before comparing, but then you go ahead and compare saying NG looks about the same. Color me confused.

EDIT: Correction

:)

Grizzlyjin

vspectra06 said:

You're not allowed to use sarcasm during E3 or TGS week. Tell me what you really think.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Funky Papa said:
DMC4 may look decent, but "next gen graphics" are nowhere to be seen. This is something being shown by quite a few Japanese developers so far.

Agreed, and...

The ****ing fences! They are 2D textures in DMC4. They are 3D objects in Ninja Gaiden (as shown in a pic you posted somewhere yesterday).

What the hell, I hate 2D fences!

Edit: Explainatory image added

gconsole

vspectra06 said:
Wait for some direct-feed NGS pics before you start comparing. DMC4 really doesn't look any better than this.

ngqd7.jpg

The different of graphic style. Ninja Gaiden try to make everything polish and plastic while Devil may cry focus more on effect and special motion. The camera angle also made ninja gaiden look my stylish than DMC in screenshot. That's only about the differnt in presentation both game use. I won't say DMC has better graphic or anything just because I like DMC graphic style more, that 's radiculous.

Striek

Funky Papa said:
Fair points. Actually I'm in agreeance with most of it, when you start analysing it and breaking it down. The overall affect of the screenshots isn't really diminished by what you have pointed out though IMO. I have this feeling with LP as well. And well, every next-gen game seems to be taking a few shortcuts, and I'm particularly glad with this because IQ is seemingly great without sacrificing too much detail. I think its a happy balance.

That and I just recently replayed DMC3 which is...rapidly aging, to say the least.

LevelNth

Banned
O.M.G, White Knight Story looks absolutely phenomenal!! What's up with the folks crapping on the technical merits of the game based on these uber tiny real time pics? For one, the character models are freakin' incredible and look exactly like CGI:

And two, unlike the other next gen RPG's we've seen, WKS isn't a bunch of rooms seperated by load screens, it's massive environments that may or may not even be streamed ala RG for no loading ever.

On the above scan, the two screens in the top right look straight up like CG, and the two battle pics at the bottom -- the one on the left and the one in the top middle -- look at the detail in the trees and the insane draw distance!

I think this will blow some people away come the weekend if we get a trailer.

SolidSnakex said:
To sum up both NG and DMC4, they both should look alot better than they do.
NGS is just a cash-grab enhanced conversion from last gen for Tecmo while Capcom's DMC4 is built-for next-gen game. Not sure what that says... And I think DMC4 looks pretty good...but, like DOA4/DOAX2 (from what I've seen) the adherence to a particular visual style keeps it from really coming across to next-gen the way they could.

Top Bottom