• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

This week's Japan mag news (Ninja Gaiden PS3, White Knight Level5 PS3!) Scans!

RaijinFY

momolicious said:
ef1b032c77.jpg

so which is GT5 prologue and GT4HD?!

IC CANT TELL

Those pics are from GT4, It must be GTHD Classic.

RaijinFY said:
Dude, you're out of touch, give up! It's pitiful that you want to troll but you're failing utterly. >_<
Okay, Having owned the previous gen systems... A PS2, an GC and an Xbox.... now having seen what the PS3 is capable of, having experienced what the 360 can do (since I own that one now) somehow my comments come off as trolling because you simply can't take others saying it looks anything other than "OMFG... I JUST JIZZED IN MY PANTS, MAKE LOVE TO ME PLAYSTATION 3!!!11" comments.

Overall the scans of the mag look decent but nowhere near the levels that they should be (or have been shown in CG form) back at E3 this year.

Sorry for ruining your parade of fanboys stating that this is best racing game graphically to date.

Most of you are way to quick to judge and really need to get the foot out of your mouth when it comes to the word "troll".

RaijinFY

VictimOfGrief said:
Okay, Having owned the previous gen systems... A PS2, an GC and an Xbox.... now having seen what the PS3 is capable of, having experienced what the 360 can do (since I own that one now) somehow my comments come off as trolling because you simply can't take others saying it looks anything other than "OMFG... I JUST JIZZED IN MY PANTS, MAKE LOVE TO ME PLAYSTATION 3!!!11" comments.

Overall the scans of the mag look decent but nowhere near the levels that they should be (or have been shown in CG form) back at E3 this year.

Sorry for ruining your parade of fanboys stating that this is best racing game graphically to date.

Most of you are way to quick to judge and really need to get the foot out of your mouth when it comes to the word "troll".

Amir0x

Banned
can i just ask how you can even tell, VictimOfGrief? I mean the otherside is just as guilty if they actually did react that way, but trying to claim it's downgraded from these 'photocaps' is pretty...well...

...i'll leave the wording up to you.

Dante

Yeah I don't know why he's comparing it to GT HD which was pretty much GT4 in 1080p, I think he means to compare it to vision.

Amir0x said:
can i just ask how you can even tell, VictimOfGrief? I mean the otherside is just as guilty if they actually did react that way, but trying to claim it's downgraded from these 'photocaps' is pretty...well...

...i'll leave the wording up to you.
In this day and age obviously video format is the only way to show media off. Screen caps, hell even scans in mags of screen shots of games just doesn't do the game justice. Seeing what I saw both picture wise and video wise from GT:HD / GT4:HD or whatever you want to call it from at E3 doesn't seem like overall much overhall has been made in the graphics department. I remember when PD was promising (pretty much) CG graphics out of the "next" GT game which was presented to us in the form of GT:HD. The static pictures of the rally cars look "pretty good" in my book but not where the game could/should be.

The other screens as well (from what I can tell) are replay screens and may have focus on just one of the cars or multiple who knows. What I can tell you is that my perseption of the game is that it's probably been beefed up in the physics department and that graphically the game (in it's updated form) will most likely look "stunning" in motion. (That's just how things work for me).

Maybe using the word "downgraded" is a bit harsh as I know how both sides (unfortunately) jump up and down and all around that word here.... perhaps "slightly polished" is a better term.

Either way, I've said my peace and I'll not resort to explaining this anymore since that detracts from this thread and what it's about.

Carry on folks.

Dante said:
Yeah I don't know why he's comparing it to GT HD which was pretty much GT4 in 1080p, I think he means to compare it to vision.
Well maybe that's my mistake. When the hell did they change names, games and such? :lol

Amir0x

Banned
VictimOfGrief said:
In this day and age obviously video format is the only way to show media off. Screen caps, hell even scans in mags of screen shots of games just doesn't do the game justice. Seeing what I saw both picture wise and video wise from GT:HD / GT4:HD or whatever you want to call it from at E3 doesn't seem like overall much overhall has been made in the graphics department. I remember when PD was promising (pretty much) CG graphics out of the "next" GT game which was presented to us in the form of GT:HD. The static pictures of the rally cars look "pretty good" in my book but not where the game could/should be.

See I just don't think you know what you're talking about.

GT 'next' is NOT GT:HD. GT5 != GT:HD. GT:HD is what they have shown in that hour long disaster presentation during E3 2006 - and this still looks exactly like they showed there... Gran Turismo 4 in 1080p. Where is the false advertising? "GT Vision" is Gran Turismo 5, or at least what we'll see in prologue, and we don't even know how that aspect looks yet because they haven't really shown it. Hell, even these images in these photocaps are hardly indicative... there's no vehicles in them, and the quality of the photocap is shit.

Amir0x said:
See I just don't think you know what you're talking about.

GT 'next' is NOT GT:HD. GT5 != GT:HD. GT:HD is what they have shown in that hour long disaster presentation during E3 2006 - and this still looks exactly like they showed there... Gran Turismo 4 in 1080p. Where is the false advertising? "GT Vision" is Gran Turismo 5, or at least what we'll see in prologue, and we don't even know how that aspect looks yet because they haven't really shown it. Hell, even these images in these photocaps are hardly indicative... there's no vehicles in them, and the quality of the photocap is shit.
yes well that's where the problem lies, my misunderstanding of which version was which.

Mmmkay

In other news, one, who translated the article just updated to let us know that GT:HD is indeed a 1 SKU deal and comes with both Classic and Premium:

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showpost.php?p=834684&postcount=88
one said:
Oh my bad. Now that I've reread the article to write the above post, I noticed Yamauchi says "GT:HD is composed of these 2 parts." So it seems the 1 SKU "GT:HD" has 2 sections called "GT:HD Premium" and "GT:HD Classic". *Fixing the OP*

Polyphony Digital should just stop all GT4 projects and focus primarily on GT5. It just seems like another way of getting more money.

I like to see some better Pic of Ninja Gaiden. not trying to troll but going by the pic of the PS3 Ninja Gaiden it looks a lot like the x box one. but playing rachel is cool. I already have Ninja Gaiden and Ninja Gaiden black. so when the PS3 go down to $400 to $300. I will get the game if it is cheap. PS3 is looking like the system I am going to buy next Gen. I hope the PS3 get a Dead Rising Special edition.I have been Playing Dead Rising on my friend 360 and that the one game I love on the system.

Zaptruder

Banned
Man, do we ever need some direct feed pics of these sumbitches.

But holy shit at everything else. Lost Odyssey? Shit, you just got countered with White Knight bitches!

*buys both*

Jonnyram

Chris Michael said:
We need Wonderful World scans, stat! Also, is Front Mission the 1st entirely 3D? I can't tell from that pic.
I'll try to scan some stuff this afternoon if I'm not too busy. Front Mission looks 2D/sprite-based to me. There's a shot of FM5 thrown in there to compare the character design, which may have been confusing you.

ant1532

Banned
Jonnyram said:
I'll try to scan some stuff this afternoon if I'm not too busy. Front Mission looks 2D/sprite-based to me. There's a shot of FM5 thrown in there to compare the character design, which may have been confusing you.
H/o, so there is new What A Wonderful World stuff in there? Nice, take your time bro, you got enough awesome stuff out today as it is.

WalkMan

Banned
Zaptruder said:
Man, do we ever need some direct feed pics of these sumbitches.

But holy shit at everything else. Lost Odyssey? Shit, you just got countered with White Knight bitches!

*buys both*
Damn SoTC w/ RPG elements <3 .

I guess I have to prepare myself to fighting gigantic creatures... Hopefully at 60fps

Kittonwy

Banned
WalkMan said:
Damn SoTC w/ RPG elements <3 .

I guess I have to prepare myself to fighting gigantic creatures... Hopefully at 60fps

IGN sez the game is actually pretty far along, we'll see at TGS.

n0b

So it sounds to me like GTHD is basically GT5 prologue, except if you really can't wait for GT5 to play a certain car or track, you can get it once its available through the internet.

jjasper

dai said:

^^^ taken from gamefront.

Seriously though why does classic look better than forza 2? That doesn't make any sense to me.

TheProfessor said:
Yes IGN has a full article about it now. With better translation.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/733/733728p1.html?RSSwhen2006-09-20_101600&RSSid=733728

Sounds like is not such a bad deal after all. Classic will be mostly for the online section and the GT Premium for the Single player action with cars (yes!)

I just read that and I like the premium stuff, but the classic stuff is definate rape time.

It also says GT5 in 2008, damn that sucks!

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
MGS4 with Resi 4 viewpoint. :D
Ninja Gaiden Sigma :D
White Knight :D
Gran Turismo microrapeactions- WHAT THE ****!?

What a day for games news, pics and vids. TGS hasn't even started yet!

john tv

God I love Level-5. White Knight Story looks amazing. Considering how beautiful Rogue Galaxy is on PS2, I can't even begin to imagine what those guys can do with PS3!

Kittonwy

Banned
john tv said:
God I love Level-5. White Knight Story looks amazing. Considering how beautiful Rogue Galaxy is on PS2, I can't even begin to imagine what those guys can do with PS3!

So I guess you're keeping an eye on White Knight Story at TGS?

Yoboman

Alot of GTHD's "milkage" lies within its gameplay. If it's standard Gran Turismo fair, where buying and building your arsenal of cars is the key to success, then yeah it's definate milkage. If the gameplay is built around buying a few individual cars and tricking them up to the max, then it's not so bad. Trading options, alternate payment options and prizes through competition could also be very interesting. With the real world stakes, it could easily be one of the best, most hardcore racing experiences. I'm just glad that it appears to be its own entity and not GT5, and I applaud Poly for taking such a route (though I'm sure it was a no-brainer once they figured the money involved.)

The courses should all be free though.

The 3 companies are making it really hard to be a single-console owner this gen.

The worst part is that it's like, 5 games I want total from each system, but I know those games are going to be phenonmenal. It's at the exact level where you're just barely, just barely shy of dropping the cash you'd need to grab the console and the games.

Argh.

I dont see any scans... not on the first page at least. Am I gonna hafta go hunting through the 16 pages of this thread just to see them? and if so then poo!

jarosh

Scalemail Ted said:
I dont see any scans... not on the first page at least. Am I gonna hafta go hunting through the 16 pages of this thread just to see them? and if so then poo!
for mgs4 check my post on page 15

Insertia

Polyphony has become so out of touch and lazy. **** them and the GT series.

*cries in a corner*

No really, it's time for me to step away from the GT series. Polyphony seems to be going out of their way to screw fans.

Top Bottom