• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Thoraxes

Jesus christ, just spent an hour on that fuckin dice puzzle in the Q room. I thought the one in the archives was cake, but this was fuckin rubik's cube level of frustrating. Got it mostly by luck.

Really?

Does this mean I am a dice game solving prophet? They weren't even really difficult puzzles because you're given the answer to them beforehand.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
:O

Watch get!

I didn't mind the dice puzzles once I figured out algorithms for getting them into place with the correct face up or rotating them. Though I did fiddle around with the Rubik's cube on my desk to do that, heh.

Really?

Does this mean I am a dice game solving prophet? They weren't even really difficult puzzles because you're given the answer to them beforehand.

Knowing where to put them wasn't a problem, but getting them exactly the way they were supposed to be was a major pain. I think the Rubik's cube comparison is apt here, since once you get it on one number you want on one side, it's the wrong number on another side.

Thoraxes

Knowing where to put them wasn't a problem, but getting them exactly the way they were supposed to be was a major pain. I think the Rubik's cube comparison is apt here, since once you get it on one number you want on one side, it's the wrong number on another side.

Ah, I see where you're coming from. Maybe this is spoiler territory, idk, but it's easy if you set up
a rotation of an odd number and keep the plane you need the same; that way you always end up on the next closest side when you get near the position you want. So you would never do more than 3 rotations till you got near the answer. The dice puzzles always had two different numbers of blank spots on both sides, so like in the Q Room (if I remember correctly) there were 3 blank on the right and 4 blank on the left. So if you used the sides as your marker, it was just a matter of doing the same exact thing 3 times.

... I am also good at Rubik's Cubes.

Vibed

The Treatment Center was such bullshit because of just one thing.
Why the hell do you start on the second space, the space below upper left one next to the arrow? Confused the hell out of me for a long time because I thought you either had to start on the arrow onto the first space or start on the first space.
There were a few other puzzles I thought were kind of stupid, I forget which ones other than
the PEC Room's color/number puzzle for gold. I saw the set up next to the screen and did the corresponding colors, but I thought it was weird the ones were on their sides and the seven wasn't complete, so I dismissed the possibility.

I'm proud to say I solved the
Q Room
all by myself on hard. It was easier than expected, honestly.

There's an easy method to the dice puzzle involving putting the face you want on the side and spinning it like the hands on the face of a clock into the right spot.

man, everytime the 3DS version comes up, it sounds like a nightmare. kinda glad i played Vita version first. at least 3DS has Nintendo Club points, lol
The 3DS version is bad for a multitude of reason including slowdown, no utilized "true" 3D (just flat images pushed back with black bars on the sides), compressed sound, bugs, one save, worse resolution, etc. But gameplay wise? Rock solid, don't know what he's talking about.

Venfayth

IIRC their internal version didn't have any issues. Or something like that. I thought I read a press release about it somewhere but can't find it.

cj_iwakura

Phew, cleared the pantry without any help. I didn't have much trouble, I used trial and error to determine which
items went on each menu, by subtracting as needed.

I agree that the board game puzzle is the worst. I got it by pure luck.

Just put this on my Christmas list alongside Layton. Have no idea what I'm getting into, only that it's very good. Is it like those old "Escape the Room" flash games?

LiK

there's a reason why Aksys decided to rebrand 999 as Volume 1 in the Zero Escape series. the stories are directly connected.

Nearing the end of the game. Just
got back from the past.

So much crazy stuff happening, that I can't really come up with any last minute speculation outside of one theory. Zero is
future Sigma. He may have cloned himself, which is who K happens to be and possibly even the Sigma you play as.

Guess I'll find out soon.

wiibomb

woot, finally I'm getting somewhere, I have now only 3 rooms left to solve (assuming the "pass tab" has the correct amount of rooms), and now I'm in the pec room (2 to go after it!), so is this "pec" room hard? (excluding the glitch)

Holy shit, that line from earlier!
Something along the lines of "you must have done a lot of drugs to look like that at 22".
IT MAKES SENSE NOW!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Holy shit, that line from earlier!
Something along the lines of "you must have done a lot of drugs to look like that at 22".
IT MAKES SENSE NOW!

There's a couple like that. Most obvious is probably
the one ending(quark?) where you grab Dio's leg and he says "let go, you senile old fuck". MIND BLOWNISJDKLAJSLDK.

*enters thread for the first time in a while for some reason*

*luckily finds out they started selling the watches again*

tumblr_mdiio6S3Ip1qhhv13o1_1280.png

*weeps*

WHY DO YOU NOT WANT MY MONEY?! ;A;

Top Bottom