• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Tagg9

I did. I thought we would
actually get to play that mission for a second
lol. Can't wait for volume 3.

I thought we would as well, haha. I kind of expected the same
feeling of closure that the 999 had.
As you say, though - it just makes the wait for Volume 3 that much more unbearable.

The puzzles are the same on both difficulty levels. You just get more hints on the easy level. The game defaults to hard with any new puzzle anyway and you can switch at any time. So just play it on hard and when you're stuck switch to easy.

Isn't there a normal difficulty option? Just easy and hard?

Westraid

Darn, tried to purchase that watch for the charity, but they don't ship to my country. :\
I'll just make a donation to the fund straight away then. Watch wouldn't have fit properly with my size of wrists anyway.

Kind of worried about the actual game appearing in stores here. For weeks I've been looking around, but even on the most well-known websites it's not even listed under 'coming soon'.

Hard is normal, Easy is Zelda.

Hard it is. Shipping from playasia (hong Kong) to Melbourne via EMS speed post 2 days ago. Might come tomorrow (Friday) if I'm lucky.

I will be playing as a complete noob to the series.

What's the playtime like? I've read 30hrs somewhere and how is the replay value, is it worth going through it again?( probably a stupid question)

Hard it is.
Playing on hard has a very important extra feature that you'll see later.

Most people (myself included) would suggest playing 999 first if that's an option for you. Zero Escape is like a series of books, and starting with volume two will spoil a lot of the impact the overall narrative has.

What's the playtime like? I've read 30hrs somewhere and how is the replay value, is it worth going through it again?( probably a stupid question)
It doesn't really work the way you are thinking. I wouldn't want to say much more since it's a spoiler, but you won't really be stopping and starting per say...

Thoraxes

FDNQ23FHI2U3HIUAFIU12H4UIO1H24UIOHC0HFOQHWOFHQOIUHUHHHHQUWRQIUWIRQWRH1O1HO12H4POI12-I-0ID-12I-0124LI12NL4NLBOFHB1OFBH1IUO2BFIU12

LZdQO.gif

Jintor

Hard it is. Shipping from playasia (hong Kong) to Melbourne via EMS speed post 2 days ago. Might come tomorrow (Friday) if I'm lucky.

No sane person would watch Empire Strikes Back before A New Hope. Play 999 first.

OMG at
-----Luna’s-----
ending.

NJgoB.gif

I so called
she would be a robot
ages ago. It was kinda obvious.

I also saw from a mile away
Clovers dying message said "Dio’".

Javier

Annnd... I'm done with the game. All endings, all files, 100%

Mindfucks, mindfucks everywhere.

I'm off to the spoilers thread now... but first!

7hdU9.jpg

See ya in another branched path, guys.

Spierek

VLR is getting a demo on EU eShop today, can't wait. And my body couldn't be any more ready-ier for the next week's premiere (23.11, but my copy is dispatching from Amazon on 22.11, so I might even get it on Friday!).

Gonna lose a few nights on 100%-ing this. (also, resisting spoiler temptation is so goddamn hard ; -;)

Ondore

Thanks to Aksys for putting the watches back on. $15 Canadian shipping is a bit of a hit, but I'll gladly pay it for a sweet watch + hurricane help.

I'm so tempted to try some other numbers on the phone in the crew quarters.

m0t0k1

The EU eshop has just update saying this game will be coming soon for €40 nice surprise seeing all full games are €45 here. Also the 3ds VLR demo is live downloading now :)

Omikaru

The EU eshop has just update saying this game will be coming soon for €40 nice surprise seeing all full games are €45 here. Also the 3ds VLR demo is live downloading now :)

Thanks for the head's up. I've wanted to see how the 3DS version holds up since I beat it on Vita, and since I'm in Europe, well... this is my first chance.

Joe Molotov

I got my first real ending, the Dio ending
aka Ultimate Dick Ending

Betraying Luna and Clover ugh, then Luna and Alice dying, Quark, Tenny, K, and Clover left behind. Feels bad, man.

Sorry, we don't ship to France

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I WANT THE WATCH :(

Thoraxes

Looks like someone just finished the game :D

Yeah man, yeah.

I just had all these feelings, and I went to bed with my body surrounded and filled with happiness.

And all the end stuff I had this stupid grin on my face the whole time lol. SO good.

:D

Thoraxes - I’m scared to highlight that. I’ll do it after I finish the game.

Don't worry, it's something you already know. If I ever put spoilers directly to people may ruin their experience, i'll put a buncha disclaimers before them to not be a jerkface :D

Welp... I missed out on the charity watch! :( Ah well, I'm happy to be a part of the original Watch batch! (Even though my watch is kinda giving me button issues here and there... Maybe I need to replace the battery?)

LProtag

My copy got here, but my Vita I ordered from Target is still shipping and the tracking number doesn't work so I have no idea where it is...

I probably won't get it until after the weekend. I want to play this now!

GlassBox

Banned
Trudging along. The game is getting a bit tedious somewhat. I think the design with the large amount of multiple paths doesn't really work too well. A lot of impact is lost from an individual path after jumping from one to another and then trying to recollect what happened when going back. The stories start to blur together.

And of course, whoever decided to show the non-skip-able map every time you go somewhere should be fired.

Jintor

Trudging along. The game is getting a bit tedious somewhat. I think the design with the large amount of multiple paths doesn't really work too well. A lot of impact is lost from an individual path after jumping from one to another and then trying to recollect what happened when going back. The stories start to blur together.

:D

So, is this game ever being released in Europe ? Even Amazon doesn't have it listed :(

Wasn't it supposed to get out this month ?

Que?

Also, VLR actually was lower on Amazon.co.uk than 999 until some guys called "666 Media" started selling it for £18 from the UK. Anyone heard of them? (although I suppose that's the joys of the Amazon Marketplace...)

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
This game seems to be everywhere here these days. Never heard of it. Tried watching trailers on youtube; looks interesting, but doesnt give any indication at all what kind of game it is gameplay wise. Someone point me in the right direction? I have a Vita and 3DS, so kind of curious.

This game seems to be everywhere here these days. Never heard of it. Tried watching trailers on youtube; looks interesting, but doesnt give any indication at all what kind of game it is gameplay wise. Someone point me in the right direction? I have a Vita and 3DS, so kind of curious.

It's a visual novel with point-and-click adventure elements (or the other way around). Think Ace Attorney kind of, but with more scrolling through text and puzzles. The game's main drawing point is its story.

Also, DO NOT play this before playing the prequel, 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors.

Thoraxes

There's a demo for the Vita if you're interested.

It plays like a visual novel with puzzles. So there's half the game that is all story in which is a ton of reading and voicework, and there is half the game which are rooms that are all puzzles that require you to analyze your surroundings and use your brain in sometimes unorthodox ways to figure out a way to escape a room. It's mostly focused on the story first and foremost though, and I think as a lot of people can attest, it wasn't anything short of interesting to say the least.

Top Bottom