• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Volcynika

tDMMb.png

OUovQ.png

Nine strangers have been brought together to play a game. The Ambidex Game. A game of betrayal.

If you lose...you die.

Only time will tell if these strangers can work together long enough to escape with their lives.

OSha2.png

• Platforms -- Nintendo 3DS, PlayStation Vita
  • Genre -- Adventure, Puzzle
  • Release Date
    • North America -- October 23rd, 2012
    • Europe -- Late November 2012
  • Demo Availability
    • North America
      • Nintendo 3DS -- TBA
      • PlayStation Vita -- Available Now
    • Europe
      • Nintendo 3DS -- TBA
      • PlayStation Vita -- TBA
  • Voiceovers
    • North America -- English/Japanese
    • Europe -- Japanese
  • Website -- Official Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward Website | Zero Escape Portal
  • Publisher --
    • North America -- Aksys Games
    • Europe -- Rising Star Games
  • Developer -- Spike Chunsoft

hoXRz.png

owbFh.png
aASzg.png

RXtnB.png
PFquP.png

QwUS3.png
6bTHA.png

5gkTr.png
QJoOl.png

jkriV.png
fDEL6.png

pabrO.png

GlUKE.jpg
w0jRb.jpg

XiKuz.jpg
2tDl9.jpg

WLhAz.jpg
auRcv.jpg

Ve7hD.jpg
d3fUG.jpg

QLM4Q.png

Gj7ha.png

• Question -- Is a playthrough of 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors required to enjoy Virtue's Last Reward?
  • Answer -- No, Virtue's Last Reward can stand on its own. Though, 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors WILL be spoiled for you. If you want to get the most out of VLR, a playthrough of 999 (getting to the True Ending) is encouraged.

• Question -- I absolutely could not stand having to redo puzzles in 999 for new endings! Is that back again?
  • Answer -- Fret not! You are able to "jump" to different points in the story, taking care of that pesky issue of having to play through a lot of content you had already seen!

• Question -- Are there Japanese voiceovers?
  • Answer -- If you read this OP before getting here, you would know!

• Question -- Is the entire game voiced?
  • Answer -- No, only the novel sections are voiced (excluding Sigma, who is voiced by blips and beeps). The escape sections are not voiced.

• Question -- 999 had six endings, how many endings does VLR have?
  • Answer -- The game has a whopping 24 endings, so the hours of content you get increase quite a bit!

• Question -- What platform should I get this on? Any differences?
  • Answer -- There are no content differences (unless you want to count trophies). Get the game on the platform you want to play it on. If you would feel better reading lots of text on the Vita, then get it there. If you want to play it like you did the previous game, then get it on the 3DS. Just go with what is more comfortable for you, if you have the option.

• Question -- Is the pre-order watch still available?
  • Answer -- Sorry, they're all gone! :(

Credit to notworksafe for graphics and ScraftyDevil for the subtitle!

Awesome subtitle is still awesome.

Now, the question is, do I subscribe to the OT now or do I wait until I'm actually sure I'll have the game?

Decisions decisions ~_~

Madao

heh, i still need to beat 999 first.

since i'll have to buy it from play-asia (this game will never be on my country), it will be a while until i actually get it.

Is this really a week away? I know I won't be able to get the watch but I should probably pre-order this so I'll be able to get a copy day one. Not waiting on this like I did 999

Volcynika

Awesome subtitle is still awesome.

Now, the question is, do I subscribe to the OT now or do I wait until I'm actually sure I'll have the game?

Decisions decisions ~_~

I'll hang around here until release then I'll probably be a bit scarce until I'm done, other than updating reviews :p

Roto13

I played the demo and was full of complaints. The controls were terrible (Vita version), half the voices were annoying, Sigma not having a voice was really weird, the character designs were awful. (Actually, just Clover and Alice. But they're really bad.)

But this is easily my most anticipated game of the year. Will be buying the 3DS version and powering through it. I replayed 999 a few weeks ago and I'm all set.

And now I'm going ot leave this thread until I've bought and finished it, ha

TheExodu5

Banned
I'm in. Vita version for me.

I had my share of issues with the first, but I'm still looking forward to this one. Here's to hoping the soundtrack is just as awesome.

mjc

I'm gonna play through 999 real fast, although I wanna make sure I get the best ending. What parameters do I have to meet?

I'm gonna play through 999 real fast, although I wanna make sure I get the best ending. What parameters do I have to meet?

There's a spoiler free flowchart on Gamefaqs. Still, if it's your first time playing you should get all the endings (except coffin, and leave Safe and True for last).

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT

Look for the spoiler-free flowchart, but it really would be best to get at least a couple endings and just the minimum. Especially if you want to at least go through all the puzzle content.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
First playthrough, choose doors
5, 8 and 6

Second playthrough, choose doors
4, 7, and 1
In addition, you need to meet these conditions:
- Behind Door 4, in the 2nd Class Cabins, after finding the plate in the display case, Santa will offer you a bookmark with a four-leaf clover. You must accept it.
- Behind Door 4, in the Kitchen, after finding the dry ice in the freezer, June will tell you and Santa about the sublimation point of CO2. You must respond with “It did strike Junpei as rather odd.”
- Behind Door 7, in the Operating Room, when Seven is about to remember something, Junpei asks “Do you…” and you must choose “… know about ice-9?”
- Behind Door 7, in the Operating Room, when talking to Clover, give her the four leaf clover bookmark you got from Santa.

- J - D -

I just realized that this is my most anticipated title of the month.

Its been a while since I've played 999 and some details are a bit fuzzy.

Top Bottom