• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

Durante

Nice OP!

Question -- What platform should I get this on? Any differences?
Answer -- There are no content differences (unless you want to count trophies). Get the game on the platform you want to play it on. If you would feel better reading lots of text on the Vita, then get it there. If you want to play it like you did the previous game, then get it on the 3DS. Just go with what is more comfortable for you, if you have the option.
As an IQ whore, I have to add that the Vita version is running at 960x544 with 4xMSAA. Which is absolutely fantastic IQ.

Lusankya

any comparison shots of 3ds vs vita?

Uz3zq.jpg

lVFoF.jpg

Remember that on the actual handhelds the game will look a little bit different, because they have a different (higher) ppi than common computer monitors.

Lusankya

O_O That costume.

I love how they make fun of it in her character description.

"An exotic, focused, powerful woman. The reason behind her dislike for shirts is unknown."
:D

But yeah, having a necklace(?) as substitute for a shirt is incredible.

Eusis

You automatically get platinum, when you fully beat the game. And everyone who likes the game will fully beat it to see the last ending.
Guess if I got it on Vita it'd be the one platinum I'd get. Hell, if I rebuy and don't just let it sit around like most Steam games I'd probably get the platinum that way too.

demidar

I love how they make fun of it in her character description.

"An exotic, focused, powerful woman. The reason behind her dislike for shirts is unknown."
:D

But yeah, having a necklace(?) as substitute for a shirt is incredible.

I'd say a man drew that, but the character designer is a woman :/. Either way I want this game bad, gonna get a 3DSXL when this comes out.

Vibed

so this is a sequel to 999? does that mean I need to get and play 999 first?

It's a sequel, and yeah, it's very highly recommended that you play 999 first. The sequel, while all in all a standalone game, has a few connections to 999 plot wise and spoils some of the best secrets from the first game.

Lusankya

I'd say a man drew that, but the character designer is a woman :/.
She also drew the characters of Code of Princess, so it's just her style. I need to look into her earlier work, whether she always includes such designs.

so this is a sequel to 999? does that mean I need to get and play 999 first?

I know the first post in a thread is the safest location to hide nuclear launch codes, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Question -- Is a playthrough of 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors required to enjoy Virtue's Last Reward?
Answer -- No, Virtue's Last Reward can stand on its own. Though, 999: 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors WILL be spoiled for you. If you want to get the most out of VLR, a playthrough of 999 (getting to the True Ending) is encouraged.

I shall add, that a playthrough of 999 is highly recommended no matter what. It's just a great, great game.

Team K, assemble!

This game is going to be the bomb. Is it weird that I'm actually looking forward to Neiteio's playthrough and impressions more than actually playing the game myself?

Omikaru

Awesome OP. Getting in on a US Vita import for this. May grab the EU 3DS version at some point too, however. When money permits.

I was going to wait for the EU release to support RSG, but no English voices, no day 1 sale for me.

Still, it's already paid for now. Hopefully shipping won't take too long...

Now oficially on the hype train! ALL ABOOOARRRRDDDD!!!!!

Also, is it really coming out on the 23rd? If so, Amazon needs to pull it together!

Thoraxes

Can't wait, anticipated game, etc.

I think I'm gonna play it with the JP voices too. Too bad it seems like Kosuke Toriumi was just used for that promo movie because I don't think Sigma is voiced at all in-game(?).

Edit: Wait, Ben, if you're reading this, did you say that the English script and Japanese voice would diverge considerably? I imagine that technical terms would differ a lot because it couldn't be helped.

Ahh, I didn't even look to see if he had one because I knew that was our insert into the world.

And yeah, i'm betting the same with the technical terms only because it kinda just usually has to be done to make more sense in the translation.

Volcynika

I forget, did they say they were translating the OVA? I want to watch it. ;_; Hopefully it's out soon if they are doing it!

m0t0k1

1 month until it releases in europe i am so excited :) but i am already going to know that no way this game will be be in stores where i live so hopefully i am going to find a good deal on the internet :)

creid

I played the demo on Vita, and the environment textures really didn't look like they were meant for the Vita screen/resolution. Is it pretty safe to assume that it was designed for 3DS, and Vita is pretty much the port? If the textures look "right" on the 3DS, I'll probably get that version instead.

Korigama

Saying that (not specific but still)
it has a few connections to 999
is a massive understatement.

Just for the record.
Precisely what I want to hear. Shame that I don't have anything to play this on just yet, but hoping to be able to correct that before the end of the year.

Chairhome

Does anyone know if its one save file per game (3DS version)? Just wondering cause my wife and I are going to be sharing this game. Probably won't matter cause she'll power through this in a few days most likely :-D

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
You automatically get platinum, when you fully beat the game. And everyone who likes the game will fully beat it to see the last ending.
I'm not sure this is correct, because
golden files aren't required for the last ending, right?

Lusankya

Gonna be grabbing this off PSN most likely. The demo was tiny, any idea how large a game like this will be to DL?

I am not too sure, but I think it was around 1 GB.

I'm not sure this is correct, because
golden files aren't required for the last ending, right?

If you see the full story you'll get every achievement. You need to get all of the secrets and play the game on hard mode to see everything.

So I've been listening to the OST from the original all afternoon and it's making me so hyyyyyyyyyyyyped!

This is hands down the best new franchise in a long time. Virtue’s Last Reward has GOTY written all over it!

Kaizer

Banned
I'd play through 999, but I no longer have a 3DS or DS to do so. I ended up reading through it on Wikipedia/looking on YouTube. I played the demo for VLR on Vita last week and pre-ordered it immediately, can't wait!

Lusankya

There's a hard mode? Does it just include puzzles?

Hard mode is easy mode without the hints other characters give you when you keep on failing on a puzzle. Only when playing on hard you have access to some of the secrets.
During the demo hard mode was disabled.

Top Bottom