• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward |OT| -- More Hours, More Persons, More Doors

I preordered the game when the watches were available, I hadn't even played 999...

I played it last week, I'm a changed man... I feel like the Morphogenetic Fields made me send a message to my old self to pre-order VLR before playing 999, I really can't wait.

Tailzo

First of all: Is this really releasing on both 3ds and vita in Europe?

Also, what's this about control issues? And the graphics seem less charming than on ds. I guess 2d>3d.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Just finished 999 myself last week, the ending BLEW MY MIND.

Came on here and was shocked to see that the sequel was literally coming out this month. The only fear is that I won't be able to find it anywhere. :(

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Just finished 999 myself last week, the ending BLEW MY MIND.

Came on here and was shocked to see that the sequel was literally coming out this month. The only fear is that I won't be able to find it anywhere. :(

There's always the digital version on PSN, which releases on PSN on 10/23 :D

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
That's a funny thing to say, considering they're from the version with shitty capacitative touch screen controls.
3DS version isn't perfect either, that scan line-covered bottom screen makes no sense and is a pain to stare at for long periods of time during escape sequences.

Roto13

Yes to the first question, and to the second, it's a simple matter of stylus>>>finger from what I understand.

Also playing it with buttons (at least the Vita version, I dunno about the 3DS version) is awful. The cursor moves way too fast, and the button to slow it down is also the "cancel" button so when you're zoomed in on something like a phone, there's no way to make your cursor move at a more manageable rate.

3DS version might be the same, but it probably won't be much of an issue with the resistive touch screen being precise enough anyway.

Noi

Oh jeeze, just 7 days left. I haven't even played the demo cause I want to just dive into the game knowing NOTHING about it. Sad that I couldn't nab one of the watches cause Amazon blows when it comes to PR, but what can you do.

This week can't be over quick enough!

Tagg9

Yay! I really wish Future Shop and Best Buy were selling it in Canada, but I guess I'll just grab it from EB Games.

Koroviev

Anyone know the size of the Vita download? If it's not too big, this *might* be my first digital Vita game, depending on whether or not I like the demo. PSN is finally back up, so I'm going to give it a try.

Thores

Aaaaaaaa, I can't believe it's finally this close! I've got it (and a watch) preordered, if it's anywhere near as good as 999 it'll be a definite contender for my 2012 GOTY. Can't wait.

Koroviev

I have to be honest...I'm really impressed with the demo. The presentation is phenomenal. Given that there is JP voicework in the full game, I think I might actually have to give this a chance. While I wasn't enamored with 999, VLR seems to have rectified most of the issues I had with it. Day 1? Very possible.

CronoShot

My body is so ready. 999 was nothing short of phenomenal.

I just hope my preorder with the watch goes through. It's still not showing a ship date or anything...

Awwwww yeah! I am SO ready! Hype overload! I....I....

fthvA.gif

!!! It's only a week away! I completely forgot that it was coming up this soon. The next seven days are going to be agonizing in the best possible way!

Really curious to see how the game plays on one screen this time.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Can't wait, anticipated game, etc.

Thoraxes said:
One more week till Chiaki Omigawa and Rokuro Naya! I have a thing for their really distinct voices.
I think I'm gonna play it with the JP voices too. Too bad it seems like Kosuke Toriumi was just used for that promo movie because I don't think Sigma is voiced at all in-game(?).

Edit: Wait, Ben, if you're reading this, did you say that the English script and Japanese voice would diverge considerably? I imagine that technical terms would differ a lot because it couldn't be helped.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Great OT!

As for the game, I've platinumed it a few months ago and can definitely say it's awesome. Still have a few nitpicks regarding the mechanics, but it's so much better than replaying 999 for different endings.

Hellraider

Freaking excited about this!Having a PAL release so close to the North American one is amazing!

Pre-ordered, which all of you from PAL-land should do, and waiting.

Top Bottom