• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 trailer coming out [Thursday]

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawrence7

New image

Cyberpunk2077.jpg

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I'm serious, this is a next-gen title after all. Who knows what kind of specs they are aiming with the game.

Bear in mind that this is releasing in 2015.

and because it's so far away i don't think it's ingame.

DieH@rd

Banned
If in-game, not sure what kind of unholy rig would be needed to accomplish that.

2015 game.... well it will be 8 core cpu, beefy 20nm graphic card [radeon 10xxx/nvidia 9xx series] and 32gig of DDR4 ram.

I want this trailer to be ingame, but... most likely it will be CGI. As for witcher 3, hopefully they will show ingame footage this year.

i-Lo

I'm serious, this is a next-gen title after all. Who knows what kind of specs they are aiming with the game.

Bear in mind that this is releasing in 2015.

That kind of surface detail with little threads sticking out is too insane to be real time, not unless it's employing some sort of revolutionary transparency system. Heck not even crysis 3 has clothing detail of this level.

DieH@rd

Banned
That kind of surface detail with little threads sticking out is too insane to be real time, not unless it's employing some sort of revolutionary transparency system. Heck not even crysis 3 has clothing detail of this level.

Now think about how detailed would Crysis 3 look if large amount of Crytek devs were not busy with optimizing game to run on 6-7year old consoles...

Eideka

Banned

I admit I did not pay attention to that kind of detail, I was merely looking at the whole picture and found myself saying "hey it seems it's in-game §§" but you are probably right, still I expect a more or less comparable level of visual fidelity by 2015.

i-Lo

Now think about how detailed would Crysis 3 look if large amount of Crytek devs were not busy with optimizing game to run on 6-7year old consoles...

Are you seriously suggesting crysis 3 is being gimped and does not live to being next gen because it's being also developed for consoles?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I'm guessing it's called Night City because it will always be night. Which is a good idea if it's a next-gen game, because they'll be able to go crazy with dynamic lights and rain/reflection, which is a must for cyber-punk.

edit: Of course this image is from a CG trailer.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Are you seriously suggesting crysis 3 is being gimped and does not live to being next gen because it's being also developed for consoles?

Well to a point he is right. For one, you can scale a lot of things back for consoles and up for PC, but the level design, animations, etc, still have to work on consoles with 512mb of ram, just as well as it works on my PC with 18,000mb ram.

If ME3 is out of ram on consoles, axing things like weapon holstering, than I assure you that Crytek is limiting Crysis 3 a bit for consoles. Especially when they say there is nothing left, "not even 1%" in consoles running C3.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Please share absolutely nothing in common with TW2's combat. I want to love a CDProjekt game, they put so much in, just do some good gameplay this time.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Aw man, they're gonna show a CG trailer based on that screen. :/
I'm still hoping for some in-game footage.

I'm guessing it's called Night City because it will always be night. Which is a good idea if it's a next-gen game, because they'll be able to go crazy with dynamic lights and rain/reflection, which is a must for cyber-punk.

edit: Of course this image is from a CG trailer.
It's Night City because that's the name of the default setting of the PnP game. It's located between LA and San Francisco.

(And that's pretty much all I know and I only know that because i just wiki'd it... I'm not very familiar with the Cyberpunk 2020 franchise.)

i-Lo

Well to a point he is right. For one, you can scale a lot of things back for consoles and up for PC, but the level design, animations, etc, still have to work on consoles with 512mb of ram, just as well as it works on my PC with 18,000mb ram.

If ME3 is out of ram on consoles, axing things like weapon holstering, than I assure you that Crytek is limiting Crysis 3 a bit for consoles. Especially when they say there is nothing left, "not even 1%" in consoles running C3.

Crysis3 will inevitable make sacrifices on current consoles besides visuals. Besides, more to the point, thinking quality of that magnitude would have been a reality if crysis 3 was PC only is unrealistic so say the least.

Are you saying it isn't? It's Crysis 2.5 at best.

My, my some of you have expectations that boggles the mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom