• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kamen Rider Battride War (PS3) announced in Dengeki Playstation [Details]

vareon

Out of all the Heisei era series, the only ones not confirmed in the magazines and the site teases so far are Ryuki, 555, Blade, and Decade. I'll say there's a pretty good chance they're all in it anyway. 14 series isn't really that much.

There's no way they're leaving them. The only question is whether the Showas or the Secondary Riders are in. I'm guessing not all the Showas, maybe Ichigo/Nigo/V3 and Black/RX. The others will be DLC.

On a side note... been wondering, why has defense never been a big thing in musou games?

With how popular counter based brawler games are in the west with batman, ass creed, sleeping dogs, it seems like there is a big disconnect or something.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'll really be pissed if Showa era Riders are DLC - honestly the riders between Ryuuki and W are terrible (save maybe for Blade and maaaaaybe Kabuto). At least W-Wizard are there.

kuroshiki

On a side note... been wondering, why has defense never been a big thing in musou games?

With how popular counter based brawler games are in the west with batman, ass creed, sleeping dogs, it seems like there is a big disconnect or something.

ass creed is a brawler game? It was easy as hell.

Also if you don't defend properly in higher musou mode you won't even last seconds.

vareon

I'll really be pissed if Showa era Riders are DLC - honestly the riders between Ryuuki and W are terrible (save maybe for Blade and maaaaaybe Kabuto). At least W-Wizard are there.

They're not making this game because of one fan's personal opinions, you know :p

WillyFive

Interesting idea to have two versions, one with licensed music and one without. It's a pretty innovative way to keep costs low for a large release while also giving the option to give fans what they want (and are willing to pay for).

Den-O > Kabuto; also, this a game, not the shows. There will be no Inoue or J-drama; just Standing By's, Final Kamen Rides, Maximum Drives, and lots of Rider Kicks.

Boss Doggie

They're not making this game because of one fan's personal opinions, you know :p

Oh I know. :p

I've already experienced flanderization of showa characters ;_;

Den-O > Kabuto; also, this a game, not the shows. There will be no Inoue or J-drama; just Standing By's, Final Kamen Rides, Maximum Drives, and lots of Rider Kicks.

I dunno, at least Kabuto has trolling and good looking suits.

Platy

Still no sign of any of the First 15 Riders .... not even the first 10 ....

I accept even that Deacade transformation bulllshit for this ...

shaowebb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=R7sMssgAQIs

Teaser and a bit of gameplay at the end.

CG trailer doesn't look too hot, but the gameplay looks quite nice.

OH GOD YES HOOK IT TO MY VEINS!

Lets see I spotted...
  • OOO's
  • W
  • Den O
  • Ryuki
  • Hibiki
  • Faiz
  • Kabuto
  • Wizard
  • Fourze
  • Blade

Didn't see Agito or Kuuga in there yet, but the graphics and in game stuff look great and I like the idea of Pre-Order DLC songs from the shows to replace the gamesoundtrack with. I really need to know if this is region free and if so whether or not a US PS3 could download the DLC or not. Im getting a console for this game so I really need to know.

I can 99.9% guarantee you that you will have no problem with region locking for this game. AFAIK, the only recent game that has been region locked on PS3 is Persona 4 Arena, and it was done so that Japanese players wouldn't import the identical US copy for cheaper. The only other PS3 game that I THINK was region locked was Stranglehold's CE; due to it having Hard Boiled on it.

As for DLC, you would simply need to buy PSN cards from an import place online and use that on a Japanese PSN account (which is really easy to make).

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I watched a few episodes of Wizard and Fourze the other day (after hearing this announcement), really enjoyed it, so I'm kind of interested in this now...playing Gundam DW 3, for example, really got me into Gundam, so I'm all for these big franchise Musou games.

shaowebb

I can 99.9% guarantee you that you will have no problem with region locking for this game. AFAIK, the only recent game that has been region locked on PS3 is Persona 4 Arena, and it was done so that Japanese players wouldn't import the identical US copy for cheaper. The only other PS3 game that I THINK was region locked was Stranglehold's CE; due to it having Hard Boiled on it.

As for DLC, you would simply need to buy PSN cards from an import place online and use that on a Japanese PSN account (which is really easy to make).

Excellent. And now the great scrounging of cash commences...

so curious why isn't kamen riders as popular as power rangers, the designs in the costumes are awesome and the enemies seem more badass...talking about tv show wise I figured someone would try to copy it here by now, lol.

so curious why isn't kamen riders as popular as power rangers, the designs in the costumes are awesome and the enemies seem more badass...talking about tv show wise I figured someone would try to copy it here by now, lol.
In Japan, Kamen Rider and Super Sentai air back to back every Saturday and KR is seen as the much bigger franchise. In the US, KR has only been adapted twice and neither of them did their source material justice. I'm not sure how other countries fair when it comes to what kinda Toku is shown there.

duckroll

555, Ryuki, and Blade are definitely in the game, so Heisei era Rider they're holding back from the footage/screens/teases/etc so far is Decade. I think we can be pretty sure that all 14 Heisei series are in the game. Don't expect any Showa ones, unless they have some pre-order DLC cameo or something.

intro.jpg

ptvse.jpg

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
555, Ryuki, and Blade are definitely in the game, so Heisei era Rider they're holding back from the footage/screens/teases/etc so far is Decade. I think we can be pretty sure that all 14 Heisei series are in the game. Don't expect any Showa ones, unless they have some pre-order DLC cameo or something.

But Decade's in the trailer.

yeah... Toei fucking loves decade, while everyone else hated him.

he's gonna be around forever, every iteration with worse hair.

Speaking of which, has there ever been a kamen rider game with their civilian form? Bringing this up because I was just playing power rangers movie game for snes, and it was pretty dope that you spent have the level untransformed.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It'll be interesting to see just how many secondary Riders they put in the game. We already know Gatack is in, and there will certainly be more (Diend, for example, is practically a shoe-in). They have to leave something for the inevitable sequel, though. I'd like to see at least one secondary Rider from every series make it in (save for Kuuga, for obvious reasons). Also, whether or not the secondaries will be playable is in question, as well. I can see them taking a DW7 approach and having the secondaries only be playable outside of Story Mode, or something.

I'm pretty impressed with how many mooks they've managed to cram on-screen, as well. This will definitely be more musou-y than say, the Bleach musou-clone Sony released a while back.

It's also important to note that according to the site, the game is singleplayer-only, so no splitscreen co-op, which is a shame, but not a dealbreaker. The aforementioned Bleach game was singleplayer-only as well, and it was still decent enough.

Speaking of which, has there ever been a kamen rider game with their civilian form? Bringing this up because I was just playing power rangers movie game for snes, and it was pretty dope that you spent have the level untransformed.

There have been a few Showa-era games to have civilian forms (Kamen Rider for the SNES, Kamen Rider and Kamen Rider V3 for the PSX). None based on Heisei-era series, though.

yeah... Toei fucking loves decade, while everyone else hated him.

he's gonna be around forever, every iteration with worse hair.

There was a Kamen Rider beat em up on SNES where you start untransformed and have a transform button.

e: Beaten

Tiduz

Eurogaime
is there a slight chance of this coming to the west?

im a sucker for DW games and this looks right up my alley.

Sandfox

I'm really confused as to why Apollo Geist is the featured villian in the trailer for a game that doesn't seem to feature the Showa Riders.

shaowebb

I will not question Apollo Geist being in since he was the ONE villain by name other than Eternal I specifically was hoping to see. Dude was a straight up scary villain and when I first got introduced to him in Decade (my first real Rider series that I watched) he was the best thing on the show. Stays alive by stealing the life force of others, badass shield with buzzsaw edge, sword...dude was a legend the second I saw him in my own mind. Was so happy to find out he was officially a legend in fact already.

Boss Doggie

Decade ruins everything.

So I have a feeling we might see Showa characters here what with Apollo Geist, and any Rider fan knows Shadowmoon is the better playable villain.

Even then that's still a bad choice given that Decade isn't even in the trailer.

He is, doing his Rider Kick ~55 seconds in and then in the later group shots. Not front-and-center like in Great Battle Full Blast or Super Hero Wars but it makes sense to use Geist if you want to have an established villain at the front of something involving crossover.

NeonZ

Decade ruins everything.

So I have a feeling we might see Showa characters here what with Apollo Geist, and any Rider fan knows Shadowmoon is the better playable villain.

It's specifically Decade's Super Apollogeist. He has the Fangire Perfecter from the last two episodes of the tv show.

Still, it'll be pretty weird if there are no Showa Riders at all considering how they're including Shocker soldiers as grunts...

duckroll

http://www.amiami.jp/top/detail/detail?gcode=TVG-PS3-1708

All 14 Heisei series confirmed to be in the game. All 14 main characters will be playable. There will be various sub-riders and enemies in the game. The story uses a "Chronicle Mode" where you will get to play key scenes from the individual stories of every Rider as they regain their memories. There will be lots of action gameplay in wide fields filled with enemies where you can ride the bikes, or fight on foot, and there will be various obstacles requiring you to jump or destroy stuff in the environment. The game will also be fully voiced.

rorIj.jpg

zcf4V.jpg

U3JEA.jpg

CXAoM.jpg

vareon

"Fully voiced", eh? I hope at least Decade - Wizard uses their respective actor's voice. Can't tell if it was Renn Kiriyama voicing W or not in the trailer.

Still a day one, but gonna be really disappointed if/when the Showa Riders don't appear :(

I enjoy the modern KR series, but the older ones are much better! Real men >>> pretty boys!

Still a day one, but gonna be really disappointed if/when the Showa Riders don't appear :(

I enjoy the modern KR series, but the older ones are much better! Real men >>> pretty boys!

Uhh, those guys were considered "pretty boys" back in the day, too.

14 riders? So, some of the secondaries?

duckroll

Uhh, those guys were considered "pretty boys" back in the day, too.

14 riders? So, some of the secondaries?

All 14 Heisei era series are in: Kuuga, Agito, Ryuki, 555, Blade, Hibiki, Kabuto, Den-O, Kiva, Decade, W, OOO, Fourze, and Wizard. There will be more than 14 riders in the game counting sub-riders, but the 14 mains are all confirmed to be playable.

As far as secondaries go, not counting third or fourth bananas...

G3-X
Knight
Kaixa
Garren
Ibuki (more so than Zanki)
Gatack, who is confirmed
Zeronos
Ixa
Diend
Accel
Birth
Meteor
Beast

NeonZ

"Fully voiced", eh? I hope at least Decade - Wizard uses their respective actor's voice. Can't tell if it was Renn Kiriyama voicing W or not in the trailer.

It's clearly him, and it seemed to be a new recording too, considering how he wasn't just saying a catchphrase. He also just recorded some new lines for Super Climax Heroes.

Its been a while since Decade got new recordings in these games though, and Philip's actor didn't return in Super Climax Heroes, they just used some old recordings. So, it'll be interesting to see how they'll be handled here...

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It's clearly him, and it seemed to be a new recording too, considering how he wasn't just saying a catchphrase. He also just recorded some new lines for Super Climax Heroes.

Its been a while since Decade got new recordings in these games though, and Philip's actor didn't return in Super Climax Heroes, just using old recordings, so it'll be interesting to see how they'll be hanlded here...

Probably by throwing more money at him. They seem to be expecting a lot more out of this game, sales-wise, than SCH. Hence it having an actual teaser site and CG trailer and an expensive limited edition.

Now if they could only throw enough money at Hiro Mizushima to get him to spend a day in a recording booth...

Also, mad props for the Keroro avatar! :D

Top Bottom