• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta 2 development video

Are we sure that monster escene is in real-time?

Yes. Hashimoto said so on twitter & Inaba retweeted it. Real time on Wii U.

It was a tweet from PG's Hashimoto that Inaba retweeted;

『BAYONETTA2(ベヨネッタ2)』のメイキング映像、最後にチラッと出てる魔獣はWii Uでのリアルタイム映像(じつはゲーム画面初公開?)だったりします。

"The monster that appears at the end of the Bayonetta 2 'making-of' video is done in real-time on the Wii U (the first n-game footage?)."

(He also confirmed that the music from the video is one of the new songs being used in the game in another tweet, too. And the women with the red glasses, who looks like Jeanne, in the video is the one who animated the monster.)

guek

Banned
It's not particularly impressive

but if the game can keep it locked at 60fps, it's going to look awfully pretty. 60fps makes such a huge difference, i'd take 60fps over 1080p any day of the week.

but if the game can keep it locked at 60fps, it's going to look awfully pretty. 60fps makes such a huge difference, i'd take 60fps over 1080p any day of the week.

I guess it must be impressive to quite a few of those who keep asking if we are "sure" this is in-game footage. I'm impressed by it, and it excites me to think how a full action scene would look besides just one monster.

Roo

Inaba confirmed it was real-time.

Yes. Hashimoto said so on twitter & Inaba retweeted it. Real time on Wii U.

I see, thanks for the link.
Nice to know the song from the video is part of the soundtrack. I really like it

Yeah, I agree, it looks great but it is not that impressive
I'm sure it's due to Wii U's new architecture and development time but after watching that GoW: A video I'm hardly impressed

I can't believe you guys even remember all that damn Bayonetta lore.

There were some big ass Angels she beat up with her giant hair demons

I bet if this does really well, Sega might be open to more sequels like Vanquish 2 and maybe even MadWorld 2 on Wii U. Some ports (like Bayo 1) would be a smart idea as well. I mean if this causes a surprise success, why not start a new trend with massive Platinum goodness on Wii U exclusively? Could be an epic sweet spot for them, hope it works out for them. :)

TDLink

I bet if this does really well, Sega might be open to more sequels like Vanquish 2 and maybe even MadWorld 2 on Wii U. Some ports (like Bayo 1) would be a smart idea as well. I mean if this causes a surprise success, why not start a new trend with massive Platinum goodness on Wii U exclusively? Could be an epic sweet spot for them, hope it works out for them. :)

Anarchy Reigns was MadWorld 2. Besides, as much as I liked Vanquish and Bayonetta (And I will buy Bayo 2) I would prefer them to focus on new games rather than sequels to their old ones. Wonderful 101 looks great and I can't wait to see what other stuff they come up with this gen.

a9tuuh.gif

Is her polygon count up from the last game?

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe you guys even remember all that damn Bayonetta lore.

There were some big ass Angels she beat up with her giant hair demons

I like the lore personally...

Part of my excitement towards the sequel is interest in seeing more of the world developed.

Anarchy Reigns was MadWorld 2. Besides, as much as I liked Vanquish and Bayonetta (And I will buy Bayo 2) I would prefer them to focus on new games rather than sequels to their old ones. Wonderful 101 looks great and I can't wait to see what other stuff they come up with this gen.

Same

Can't tell you how excited I am to be getting both a new Kamiya IP and a Bayonetta sequel from them.

Keep it coming PG

An interesting thing to state with no gameplay footage of either of Sony or Microsoft's systems having been shown.

Well, whatever they show, it's not going to make the Wii U's graphics obsolete.

Yes, there are silly people that feel this.

Heck, Metroid Prime to me still looks good to this day as imagination and design are the biggest part of visuals to me.

I think this really brief video though shows what most with common sense already knew: the GPU will be no slouch.

I wonder if the game will be able to run with no or few hitches.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well, whatever they show, it's not going to make the Wii U's graphics obsolete.

Yes, they are silly people that feel this.

Heck, Metroid Prime to me still looks good to this day as imagination and design are the biggest part of visuals to me.

I think this really brief video though shows what most with common sense already knew: the GPU will be no slouch.

I wonder if the game will be able to run with no or few hitches.

Well if it just tears less than the 360 version of Bayonetta I'll claim it a success!

TDLink

Not really. Game had an entirely different setting, style, gameplay and focus. All they shared was a few characters and the music style.

It had the same main character and the story makes it seem at least that it is from the same world. There are references back to MadWorld as well. The gameplay also, while different, still has a lot in common with MadWorld. It is definitely a sequel. It's just a multiplayer-focused sequel.

mattp

Guys, look what i found in the Bayo 2 dev video...

Does the Bayonetta model in Bayonetta 2 really consist of over 191000 triangles? (Polygons?)

Bayonetta 1 used around 23000...

most likely the high-poly model they make before cutting it down to fit within the game's poly budget
i wouldn't really pay much attention

modelers always create high poly stuff before paring down to what we get in-game

deim0s

Guys, look what i found in the Bayo 2 dev video...

Does the Bayonetta model in Bayonetta 2 really consist of over 191000 triangles? (Polygons?)

Bayonetta 1 used around 23000...

That's normal. You'd always create a high poly model for renders/in-game movies/PR and what not - then create a much lower polygon count model for player characters.

[edit] beaten

Top Bottom