• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brutal Legend on Steam : yes, it is ($15)

antitrop

He's just referring to the downloadable soundtrack, which is the original soundtrack by Peter McConnel. The game itself contains the full original AND licensed soundtracks.
Ya, my misunderstanding.
I thought he was talking about in-game.

Because if what he said was true, that would obviously be a deal-breaker.

Game was awesome. F the haters.

Pretty much this, F them all to hell and back. Only game I've ever double-dipped on two different consoles in 25 years of gaming, I think.

Now I kind of wish I hadn't, though, as triple-dipping borders on the decadent. :D I would give away my X360 copy, but it's the one with my endgame save. :/

I'm still extremely happy for DF that they could release this and that a new audience can enjoy it. One more receptive to RTSs, hopefully.

Ledsen

We reviewed the contracts carefully and contacted the rights owners and figured out we were within our rights to do the PC version. We have an actual biz dev guy who works here now and knows all about the legal stuff the rest of us don't!

That's amazing.

Also, game bought!

GeoGonzo

Yes, I'm implying that the RTS/MOBA gameplay is better than a mediocre action title. It's an incredibly fun balancing act of ordering units around from the sky and using tag team abilities with the units below. You can only bless part of the battlefield at the time with your presence, and your foe has the same limitations. So you are both frantically flying about the battlefield, fighting each other when you cross paths so you can get gank money, buffing your units, ordering around the field, and using tag team attacks to charge into the front lines. It's fantastic.

Couldn't have said it better!

The game was designed from the beginning to be a primarily multiplayer genre hybrid with a tacked on single player campaign and it shows. You're wanting them to focus on the absolute tiniest part of the experience.

Woah! The campaign being... tacked on? Come on now.

WTF The game is dubbed also, at least in spanish, when it was released for consoles.

The PC port is dubbed too, confirmed by DF at the game's community HUB.
(Pero en serio... las versiones originales son siempre mejores y ésta es excelente.)

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Definitely still *very* beta, had to switch to a pad as I couldn't get guitar solos working on a keyboard. Lots of little glitches and stuff. But still, Brütal Legend is running on my PC, something I never thought I'd see!

ibjb8Cvt4RsEQA.png

ivqVtftireUkT.png

Gbraga

Current Steam beta is not 60fps but we are committing to 60fps before the official launch version of the game. PC graphical improvements, including uncapping the framerate, will continue filtering into the Steam build over the coming week.

Hell yes! Will double dip for sure.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
WTF The game is dubbed also, at least in spanish, when it was released for consoles.

Not to be a dick but why would you play the game in any other language then english? You can use subtitles anyway and you have the original voices of some godly metal legends. Why ruind them with dubbing?

Whaaaaaat?!

That's insane if true.

EDIT: My God, it IS true. I've never bothered with a soundtrack via Steam. Do they come as MP3? What sort of bit rate?

It's only the original score, not the licensed music. I fear this is gonna fool a lot of people :/

Ledsen

Not to be a dick but why would you play the game in any other language then english? You can use subtitles anyway and you have the original voices of some godly metal legends. Why ruind them with dubbing?

Maybe in Spain... Black Sabbath and Dio albums are also dubbed by the same guys doing the Spanish voices in the game.

Not to be a dick but why would you play the game in any other language then english? You can use subtitles anyway and you have the original voices of some godly metal legends. Why ruind them with dubbing?:/

While I understand your point and agree with it (even being Spanish myself, I played the game entirely in English with English subtitles), I understand people with less fluency wanting to have the choice to play in their native language without having to read subtitles, much as many people want to have the choice to play with Japanese or English voices. Still, his point is that it did have Spanish dubbing originally.

Maybe in Spain... Black Sabbath and Dio albums are also dubbed by the same guys doing the Spanish voices in the game.

Does a Japanese game being dubbed by Gackt or Hyde factor a lot into your decision of selecting Japanese or English voices? :) (nothing wrong if it does, but let's admit that's not a factor for most people).

Chakan

This game is a sick lie. You play the demo and then you expect a Darksiders-like game, and on the final product you get that for a while...but then the RTS section hits you in the face. That BORING RTS gameplay. Almost made me gave up beating the game.

I played it through on the 360 but I'll pick it up when it goes on sale.

Edit . . . wait . . .

Pre-Purchase Now and receive access to the multiplayer beta and two exclusive Team Fortress 2 items*:

The Brütal Bouffant - This brutally heavy all-class sideburns and mullet combo was hand-sheared from the manes of Icelandic headbangers, woven with sigil-encrusted knitting needles of occult significance, and air-mailed straight out of hell.
The Shred Alert (taunt) - Harness the unholy power of the Dark One (Yngwie Malmsteen) and crush your opponents with blistering riffs, lava-hot licks and emotion-packed power ballads!
*Items will be released on Thursday afternnoon(2/14)

I guess I may be pre-ordering.

PaulloDEC

Current Steam beta is not 60fps but we are committing to 60fps before the official launch version of the game. PC graphical improvements, including uncapping the framerate, will continue filtering into the Steam build over the coming week.

Dear God. If you're serious about the 60fps, you've made me even happier than I already was (I was pretty damn happy). This is fantastic news.

Couldn't hit that "Purchase" button fast enough.

Proven

I might actually get regular 2v2 matches now! Woo!

Honestly, I think the upper level balance of the game works better in a team setting, but that's just my preference.

Loved it on the 360. I still don't understand the RTS complaints. I thought they were done really well, considering your playing with a controller. It was awesome, leading a Rock Army against the evil Doviculus. I thought it controlled well and looked great. It was awesome to command your troops to fight and then bust out the FACEMELTER. Bought, again. Along with the soundtrack for $18.74 it's a great deal. I never once played the multiplayer though so I can't speak for that. Was the DLC all MP? I honestly had no clue that it had DLC.

Jintor

The Cave is locked to 30fps as well, isn't? What the hell is the deal with that?

http://steamcommunity.com/app/221810/discussions/0/846944052729265582/

lol apparently they have promised(and failed to deliver on that promise) to remove the 30fps cap on all of their steam games. I'll still get this game no matter what but 60fps would be nice.

The promise has become much more specific. We are committing to uncapping the framerate before the beta is over of this game. See this post:

http://www.doublefine.com/news/comments/bruetal_legend_now_rocking_your_face_on_pc/

We'll roll this into our other games over time. We can't give a specific date for that, but for Brütal Legend it is happening very soon. All of those other games run on the Brütal engine, so it'll be possible for real.

jett

D-Member
The promise has become much more specific. We are committing to uncapping the framerate before the beta is over of this game. See this post:

http://www.doublefine.com/news/comments/bruetal_legend_now_rocking_your_face_on_pc/

We'll roll this into our other games over time. We can't give a specific date for that, but for Brütal Legend it is happening very soon. All of those other games run on the Brütal engine, so it'll be possible for real.

Good stuff. By the way is there a release date for BL yet?

Top Bottom