• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny Reveal Thread

RkOwnage

I don't know what I was expecting this to be, but I do know I am disappointed. Online only, disappointing. Micro transactions? If this is an MMO FPS, there's sure to be. Sigh...

FACE

Banned
"Destiny ViDoc - Pathways Out of Darkness"

ibwrfCGbW2Th5j.gif

Fuck you Bungie.

derFeef

Damn, let's at least wait for some proper gameplay of a more complete package. There simply was not really enough shown to either love or hate. But I will say that I hope it does not end up being too ambitious for it's own good.

First impression and all, this is really a lukewarm reveal for that amount of hype they built up (or we built up).

Damn, let's at least wait for some proper gameplay of a more complete package. There simply was not really enough shown to either love or hate. But I will say that I hope it does not end up being too ambitious for it's own good.

Yep, the reveal was extremely underwhelming. I find it hilarious that people are saying it looks too much like Halo when we were shown basically nothing.

This is going to look really mediocre if Sony bring out some Planetside 2 footage for PS4 next week.

The game is nothing like planetside 2.

schuey7

While the music is awesome, the reveal was really underwhelming. Also I can't shake the feeling that by keeping it on the 360/ps3 the game will be compromised in a number of ways like the level design ,enemy count,etc.

Give US a break. Don't care about graphics? Don't comment on them. This is so infantile.

So, why are the ones who don't care not allowed to comment now? I don't get understand how they're being infantile over not having meltdowns over graphics. :-/

Xbudz

This didn't need such a hyped reveal.
It ended with me in dissapointment.
Timing was confusing.

Good luck on your FPSMMO, Bungie.
See you guys Next-Gen.

lol51

Jeff saying they went to extreme lengths to hide the game during the press event.

He spoke to some devs and they were surprised they didnt show gameplay during event.

He hints that it was pulled last minute - and says `he wouldn't be shocked to see a proper trailer during Sony event.` But who knows.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Underwhelming to say the least, but hey, it's always nice to be around for the start of a new sci-fi universe.

I'm surprised people were expecting it to look better than Halo 4, it isn't like these guys are 343i or Naughty Dog or something with one console to concentrate on. A game with MMO elements on multiple different consoles was never going to look as good as a SP experience on one, so it doesn't bother me in the slightest that it isn't the next coming of sliced bread.

mr stroke

Visually it looks like ass, though I am sure it will play solid. but why even make this a current gen/cross gen game?

I imagine this would look much better had it been PS4/720/PC exclusive.

I don't know why some people are dissapointed with the game graphically. Given that the game is on current gen consoles and is open world, those graphics looked great. That screenshot is a poor example of how the game looks in motion.

MrDaravon

To be fair we've only seen a negligible amount of footage.

WHICH IS THE PROBLEM. We knew nearly everything they revealed here already, so what people were really hungry for (graphics, gameplay, etc) we saw like 30 seconds of and a lot of that was not great. Is it representative of the final product? I'm sure not. But that's not the point, the point is this was their "big reveal" and it was severely underwhelming.

Xbox Infinity?

yAE7icI.jpg

Wait, what

Honey Bunny

The only thing that sounds stupid is that it will launch on the old consoles too. They will probably cripple the game because of this.

If they're going to continue the series on next-gen platforms, I'd wager that's something they have to do to secure funding.

CrunchyB

The damn thing has been in development for over 3 years now. How can they not have polished gameplay ready to show??

It sounds overly ambitious.

You can have your own private adventures!
Or you can play together with other people!
You can fly a spaceship!
You can visit other worlds, which are all sprawling, highly detailed and diverse!
There are different classes!
There's customizable weapons, loot, unique items, etc!
The stuff you do actually changes the world for other players as well!

And it's going to be on many different consoles (and maybe PCs too)

No wonder it doesn't look ready after 3 years.

Even if it did look ready, they would probably need a long time to really tune the game correctly. As seen with Blizzard and Diablo 3, that shit is hard even for companies with experience in this.

Top Bottom