• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

Crysis 3 looks pretty underwhelming to me. I'm not sure what I expected - maybe the tech demos of tesselated frogs made me expect the game to look... bumpier I guess?

Also I should apologize to KKRT - the grass does look pretty awesome... in some screens. I think the combination of muddy post AA, that godawful chromatic aberration and not downsampling can make it look seriously ugly though.

And I don't know why developers insist on making us think we're a floating camera rather than a person in the game with this hamfisted use of chromatic aberration and dust filters.

You're supposed to be in a suit of future armor, they can use it a bit more liberally.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I am actually really enjoying the game which I am very surprised with! Though I am annoyed at the omniscience the soldiers seem to possess.

depth0vsj1.png

cellj3smy.png

wat

Spazznid

Crysis early.

FlyVPN (google it)

Download the program

Close Origin.

Go to "Free Trial" on site.

Use the provided username and password on the program.

Choose to connect to a Korean VPN.

Start Origin.

Crysis 3 should be unlocked, exit FlyVPN if you don't want to be alt-tabbed when the time ends.

Keep Origin on or else repeat some steps.

-GOUKI-

Crysis early.

FlyVPN (google it)

Download the program

Close Origin.

Go to "Free Trial" on site.

Use the provided username and password on the program.

Choose to connect to a Korean VPN.

Start Origin.

Crysis 3 should be unlocked, exit FlyVPN if you don't want to be alt-tabbed when the time ends.

Keep Origin on or else repeat some steps.

Thanks!

Zeth

Nobody snapped a screen of the frog yet? Damn it, was slow on the hotkey or I'd have it :(

Definitely didn't look like the tesselated toad, unfortunately.

Spazznid

Nobody snapped a screen of the frog yet? Damn it, was slow on the hotkey or I'd have it :(

Definitely didn't look like the tesselated toad, unfortunately.

There were some squirrels I wanted to get shots of, but fraps was not open and I R LA'Z.

I'd like the Occulus Rift to become popular and all of these effects will be unnecessary.

I like the effects to a point when viewed in 2d on a flat screen, but in VR or even 3d, you're eyes should take care of the rest.

I completely agree. As long as its ergonomic, I'm very pumped.

In fact, I suppose that highlights alot of why games use all this junk, and it's cause they are burdened by a 'frame', as are movies.

But even without vr they're still technically not!

Anywho, Crysis 3 looks beautiful and hopefully fun. I am excite.

What settings are you using for these mind-blowingly amazing screenshots?

Ultra everything no vysnc, though I use anti aliasing 4x, 8x Anisotropic filtering from RadeonPro all at 1440p. Runs around 40-65fps. So its not a bullshot or anything they are my actual gameplay settings.

Hypron

Absolutely some of the craziest shit I've ever seen in this thread.

Looks like concept art, I'm in awe.

Exactly this. Holy shit. Anyone that says this is not next-gen level is just plain wrong.

Maybe in a couple of years when I finish uni I might be able to afford a computer that'll run the game like this.

Dave_6

Ultra everything no vysnc, though I use anti aliasing 4x, 8x Anisotropic filtering from RadeonPro all at 1440p. Runs around 40-65fps. So its not a bullshot or anything they are my actual gameplay settings.

Jesus. Guess I probably missed it but what are your build specs?

My build is toast before I even get all the parts ordered and get it put together :(

Jesus. Guess I probably missed it but what are your build specs?

My build is toast before I even get all the parts ordered and get it put together :(

Its a whole other beast at 1080p. The gulf between 1080p and 1440p is huge in terms of needed power. So don't be too disheartened! You'll get there eventually I started off with an i5 2300 and a HD 6850.

My current Specs are:

i7 2700k @ 4.0ghz (at the moment haven't got around to pushing it I am watercooled so there is a lot left in it)
2x Crossfire 7870's
8GB RAM

Thanks everyone for the C3 screens. Makes the wait more easier I guess.

I'm hoping to run the game at a playable frame rate (above 30fps) at 1080p in ultra mode! I'm thinking of going with 2xSMAA.
Specs:
i7 3770k
Gtx 670 OC ( 2% slower than stock gtx 680 according to benchmarks)
16gb

Any idea how it'll run?. Didn't bother with the BETA.

Oh and how large is the game?

Damn Crysis 3 is totally next gen on PC.

Crysis 1 was amazing back in the day, Crysis 2 was....not bad (but awsome with Maldo texture mod 4.0) and Crysis 3 is just godly.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
the game looks great but i mostly think the art and lighting is doing the magic :p

Wanny

Graphics stuffed up with an incredible amount of details and huuuuuge backdrops like distant buildings, mountains and far away landscapes will always win over anything else for me.

Oh and Origin is a failure right now.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Whoa, some of those downsampled Crysis 3 pics. O_O
What kind of GPU would I need at minimum to downsample from 4K to 1080P and still keep a decent(30+) framerate? 680SLI? 690? Titan!?

Top Bottom