• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

You're probably looking at Titan or a 4GB 670 SLI setup.

One thing I'm wondering about, currently using a 4 GB EVGA OC GTX670 and I plan on grabbing another down the line when I have the extra funds. However, for the CPU I only have a i5-3570K. Will that be a limiting factor or is it a good enough CPU to last for a while.

elbourreau

Whoa, some of those downsampled Crysis 3 pics. O_O
What kind of GPU would I need at minimum to downsample from 4K to 1080P and still keep a decent(30+) framerate? 680SLI? 690? Titan!?

Never ask, man................ Never ask.......................

One thing I'm wondering about, currently using a 4 GB EVGA OC GTX670 and I plan on grabbing another down the line when I have the extra funds. However, for the CPU I only have a i53-570K. Will that be a limiting factor or is it a good enough CPU to last for a while.

It will be fine. You can always O/C it to make sure.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Aha, figured I'll probably need a beefy SLI setup or a 690/Titan. Thanks for the reply guys.
Really looks gorgeous though, I said dayumn.

Wanny

My favorite morning shots spot.

gafgiqp7.png

Cemetery

gaf2jgset.png

Zeth

God damn. Even MP looks fantastic (and runs great). I'm blown away by how good even MP looks when you bump down a few settings to keep it locked at 60.

I need either a second 680, or an upgrade to Titan. Y'all weren't lying when you said this hobby would be expensive.

BTW: I found that downsampling + FXAA(or other mode) makes it look considerably nicer than native 1080P + 2/4x SMAA, and runs similarly with just some lower framerate dips.

iNvid02

are there any graphs showing scaling? i've always been curious as to what its like

i would ask the 2 guys on gaf who have them about their experience, but something tells me spending ~$2000 on GPUs could have made them a little bias

Sethos

Banned
are there any graphs showing scaling? i've always been curious as to what its like

i would ask the 2 guys on gaf who have them but something tells me spending ~$2000 on GPUs could have made them a little bias

Talk to Sk3tch, think he also came to the conclusion that quad scaling was abysmal. Hence why he got rid of them I believe.

Dave_6

Its a whole other beast at 1080p. The gulf between 1080p and 1440p is huge in terms of needed power. So don't be too disheartened! You'll get there eventually I started off with an i5 2300 and a HD 6850.

My current Specs are:

i7 2700k @ 4.0ghz (at the moment haven't got around to pushing it I am watercooled so there is a lot left in it)
2x Crossfire 7870's
8GB RAM

I got a good deal on a 4GB EVGA 670 so it will be paired with a 3570K and 8GB of Samsung RAM. I won't be playing any higher than 1080p for now since I will have it hooked up to my Pioneer plasma. It's my first gaming PC so I probably won't be disappointed regardless.

I got a good deal on a 4GB EVGA 670 so it will be paired with a 3570K and 8GB of Samsung RAM. I won't be playing any higher than 1080p for now since I will have it hooked up to my Pioneer plasma. It's my first gaming PC so I probably won't be disappointed regardless.

That'll kill most games at 1080p, that's an awesome build. Im looking to upgrade to two 670's, two 680's or a 690/TITAN. No idea where I would get the money from though.

dino1980

Whoa, some of those downsampled Crysis 3 pics. O_O
What kind of GPU would I need at minimum to downsample from 4K to 1080P and still keep a decent(30+) framerate? 680SLI? 690? Titan!?

I have downsampled 4K with a 670-card. Settings was on high and I got about 23-25fps. So a 680SLI and you would get over 30fps, maybe in the 40s...

i would ask the 2 guys on gaf who have them about their experience, but something tells me spending ~$2000 on GPUs could have made them a little bias

More importantly you'd still only have 2gb of VRAM. You'd have a computer like a neutered bull.

A crysis 3 combo breaker...while i wait for C3 to finish downloading..

Man i wish i could remove the shitty hud in this game, Wolf 2009

wolf22013-02-1715-07-brrur.png

wolf22013-02-1917-42-2xpys.png

Top Bottom