• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

ikkT212Ah5VOs.png

]

Wow this shot is incredible. Love it!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Fuuuuuu

Crysis 3 looks outstanding. Even more impressive than I expected.

I'd love to be able to play the game with that kind of image quality.

brogan

Neo Member
Holy shit! Crysis 3 looks incredible. I can't wait to play it but can't justify paying full price when the SP is short and I have no interest in the MP.

Keep the pics coming guys :)

Dennis

Banned
Judging from the screenshots posted so far Crysis 3 is a massive disappointment.

And it would look so much better without that hideous color filtering.

Trickster

Judging from the screenshots posted so far Crysis 3 is a massive disappointment.

And it would look so much better without that hideous color filtering.

Not sure what you were expecting. holywood cgi levels running realtime ?

The green color filter they use through the entire game is shit though, that I will say.

-SD-

Banned
Could someone post Crysis 3 shots without color grading, chromatic aberration, depth of field, film grain, lens flares and motion blur.

Thanks.

Dennis

Banned
Not sure what you were expecting. holywood cgi levels running realtime ?

The green color filter they use through the entire game is shit though, that I will say.

Considering all the hype and CryTeks incessant bragging, I expected the best looking (unmodded) game ever made and to be blown away.

brogan

Neo Member
Considering all the hype and CryTeks incessant bragging, I expected the best looking (unmodded) game ever made and to be blown away.

What unmodded game looks better than Crysis 3 in your opinion?

But I agree, while it looks amazing, I dunno, just expected more. That's probably Cryteks fault for banging on about how amazing it is.

I am actually really enjoying the game which I am very surprised with! Though I am annoyed at the omniscience the soldiers seem to possess.

depth0vsj1.png

cellj3smy.png

FACE

Banned
What unmodded game looks better than Crysis 3 in your opinion?

But I agree, while it looks amazing, I dunno, just expected more. That's probably Cryteks fault for banging on about how amazing it is.

Knowing Dennis he'll probably say Two Worlds II.

Sethos

Banned
I think the game looks amazing and the vanilla textures are fantastic, we were given what was advertised - They certainly delivered on that.

In motion it looks even better.

A shame about all the framedips, way too annoying at the moment. So I'm waiting for the magic setting / improved drivers / a patch / My SLI Titans.

Spazznid

I think the game looks amazing and the vanilla textures are fantastic, we were given what was advertised - They certainly delivered on that.

A shame about all the framedips, way too annoying at the moment. So I'm waiting for the magic setting / improved drivers / a patch / My SLI Titans.

Yeah, despite how short it may be, I got what I payed for. Feels REALLY nice at 30 fps when I switch back from 1620p where I get 10-15 fps, lol I can only imagine downsampling and getting 60fps.

I need my GTX 780(s)

Vitor711

This pretty much.

I'm more than half way through the game and think that anyone claiming it to be a visual disappointment is nuts.

Every new level is drastically different in terms of colours and design which is really refreshing. Th lighting is superb and the character models are a cut above those in C2.

Also, comparing the basic texture work to that found in the original C2 just proves the massive gulf in quality for the base games.

Sure, Maldo looks good and runs great but C3 is an incredible technological feat and, in my opinion, plays better than C2 due to the more open ended and larger levels. That and the fact that it moves back to more natural scenery, something I missed in the jump from 1 to 2. And THAT GRASS. My word.

This pretty much.

I'm more than half way through the game and think that anyone claiming it to be a visual disappointment is nuts.

Every new level is drastically different in terms of colours and design which is really refreshing. Th lighting is superb and the character models are a cut above those in C2.

Also, comparing the basic texture work to that found in the original C2 just proves the massive gulf in quality for the base games.

Sure, Maldo looks good and runs great but C3 is an incredible technological feat and, in my opinion, plays better than C2 due to the more open ended and larger levels. That and the fact that it moves back to more natural scenery, something I missed in the jump from 1 to 2. And THAT GRASS. My word.

I agree, Crysis 3 creates an amazing base for Maldo to work from (if he chooses to of course). If Crysis 2 can look that amazing with his mod I can only imagine what Crysis 3 could look like. I dont know if its been mentioned but I just discovered that AMD released a driver update today...

Top Bottom