• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

I liked this one

tesv2013-02-1719-08-5ohqcy.png

Similar to recent sentiments, I'm trying to take a light touch approach.

Also, I broke pCars again :(

Wanny

We're still far away from casted shadows! Only objects can can auto-cast shadows themselves so far. A building cannot cast shadows on ground. Wish my PC would handle 3200x2000 because honestly it looks quite stunning in-game :(

150qy0.png

2y6rns.png

Dis3ngag3d

Unconfirmed Member

One of my favorite games. If I had money I'd buy the rights and finish the trilogy! Always first in my mind whenever someone does one of those "games you wish weren't canceled" posts.

You are running in an emulator I assume using a downloaded iso. Care to share what emu?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
One of my favorite games. If I had money I'd buy the rights and finish the trilogy! Always first in my mind whenever someone does one of those "games you wish weren't canceled" posts.

You are running in an emulator I assume using a downloaded iso. Care to share what emu?

Why would you assume it's an emulator? It's on PC.

Spazznid

Never heard of them caring? Check out FlyVPN, they have a free korean account you can use to unlock it.

aresome!

Was bummed because I'd have been playing for the few hours before work with no sleep if I couldn't VPN. (Insert joke about C3 being a few hours long/short)

Never heard of them caring? Check out FlyVPN, they have a free korean account you can use to unlock it.

Didn't realise it was coming out in Korea in only 3/4 (now) hours, thanks for the heads up. Having a bit of a Sci-fi day to get in the mood just watched Alien and Aliens.

Wanny

@ Wanny - what mods are you using for FO3. They look amazing.

I believe I posted the config in the FO3 mod thread, but it may be a bit outdated and previous shots have the new shadows on them. I'm gonna wait until he improves them more for a new improved config.

I also somewhat want to buy a second GTX670 in a certain future... I'm quite a fan of downsampling. More high-res glory = more awesome mods.

KyleN

Banned
^Yea, definitely needs some tweaking. That doesent look too good TBH.
My reaction:
iT08CuDLqWfHH.jpg

C2 with maldo textures still looks better.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Chromatic Aberration is so bad. It's trying to simulate an effect on photos, but you aren't supposed to be controlling a camera, you're controlling a person. Human eyes don't do that shit.

Fiddled with some settings managed to get 40-65fps, ill have a further look later should get it running smoothly soon. The game play is still as awful as I remember the guns feel rubbish though the bow is an exception and is great I had to turn the sensitivity up to max though.

cry3vista6jc5u.png

cry3ex3eem9.png

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Chromatic Aberration is so bad. It's trying to simulate an effect on photos, but you aren't supposed to be controlling a camera, you're controlling a person. Human eyes don't do that shit.

Making a video game isn't done under the universal human eye perspective. Chromatic aberration is just one of many, many rendering effects that can be a powerful tool when used sparingly and contextually, and annoying when handled poorly. Like most filters.

Top Bottom