• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nickelodeon's upfront reveals Rabbids CG cartoon produced by Ubi

Salsa

rabbidsTV.jpg

http://dragonhub.blogspot.com/2013/02/nickelodeon-2013-animation-upfront-news.html

I remember reading it was in the works but that was quite a while ago

Rabbids–This series brings to television the hysterical physical comedy that is the hallmark in Ubisoft’s wildly successful Rabbids video games. Irreverent, unpredictable and silly, the Rabbids are a mysterious breed of rabbit-like creatures that explore, and often wreak havoc, in the human world. Everything is a source of wonder and amusement, and these indestructible and uncontrollable creatures have absolutely no respect for the social rules that govern society. For them, there are no laws, no rules of the road. It’s all about having fun and saying “Bwaaaaaah!” Nickelodeon has secured global broadcast rights for 26 new half-hour CG episodes of Rabbids, which will be produced by Ubisoft.

took too long man. Arent they old news by now?

The render is old, I think it's even from the original Rabbids, but yeah it's been too long overdue to come out, I'm looking forward to it.

Also looking forward to seeing the inevitable game this year, likely on Wii U again.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I wonder if they could actually put together a decent ~22 min show with a story. Or maybe they'll go skit based? Seems like that would work better.

I enjoy the trailers, so I'm interested in seeing how this turns out.

20 minutes of: Rabbid tumbles... BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Shit wasn't exactly hilarious the first time, certainly didn't get better in the other 500 identical skits.

Lijik

Why not Rayman himself?

I remember when this was originally announced it was at the height of the Rabbid's popularity and pre-Rayman revival.
Dont know why this took so long to become a show, with the Rabbids you're essentially making a bunch of 1930s-esque silent cartoons (but with punchlines puncuated by Rabbids' Bwaah and stuff of course). I mean in the time it took for this cartoon to come out from its inception to when it comes out, we'll have had Despicable Me 1, The Lorax, Rise of the Gaurdians, Despicable Me 2 and theres a minion movie announced for next year. Im not sure how much more people are going to want from "Mostly silent, silly noise making, slapstick kinda cute characters" now.

Granted theres also a Monsters Vs Aliens series in that slate and that film came out in 09, so Im going to have to assume these CG shows can take a very long time from pitch to production

Interestingly enough, all the animation for this cartoon is being developed in-house by Ubisoft (Ubisoft Motion Pictures), just like Rayman: The Animated Series.

I would have thought for sure that Ubisoft would contract out to another French studio for this kind of thing...

Takao

Banned
I remember when this was originally announced it was at the height of the Rabbid's popularity and pre-Rayman revival.
Dont know why this took so long to become a show, with the Rabbids you're essentially making a bunch of 1930s-esque silent cartoons (but with punchlines puncuated by Rabbids' Bwaah and stuff of course). I mean in the time it took for this cartoon to come out from its inception to when it comes out, we'll have had Despicable Me 1, The Lorax, Rise of the Gaurdians, Despicable Me 2 and theres a minion movie announced for next year. Im not sure how much more people are going to want from "Mostly silent, silly noise making, slapstick kinda cute characters" now.

Granted theres also a Monsters Vs Aliens series in that slate and that film came out in 09, so Im going to have to assume these CG shows can take a very long time from pitch to production

Nickelodeon is really slow. They announced Ape Escape shorts series in 2007, and aired it in 2009. That was an off year for the franchise too, lol.

Preble

This jusy reminds me that Nintendo still hasn't tried to make a new Super Mario cartoon. They've created so many characters over the years since the last Mario cartoon, they could have alot of content/stories.

This jusy reminds me that Nintendo still hasn't tried to make a new Super Mario cartoon. They've created so many characters over the years since the last Mario cartoon, they could have alot of content/stories.
You must be talking about the Paper Mario series, because the (more?) mainline series is/are mostly a barren wasteland because of Miyamoto.

Top Bottom