• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Ascension demo impressions

I thought the review embargo was supposed to be lifted by now?

Also Turkish, could we get an update on when the OT will be available? All of our hype levels are in danger of fizzling here ;)

kubus

My boyfriend just pointed out to me that the "God of War" logo has changed for Acension. The "A" in "War" was changed to the Greek letter for "L". So essentially, it now says "God of Wlr" :p

qxe80s6.jpg

3vc4Z8Z.png

I thought that was interesting.

Thanks for the comments, everyone. I just saw Todd Papy responded to my Tweet.

Glad it was worth your time :)

Edit - Okay, back to sleep for me. Work in a few hours.

Zen

Banned
My only fear for this game is the number of epic and massive fights with giant monsters.
I have the felling that it could be below expectations if compared to the bosses of GOW2 and GOW3.

They showed only two "massive" encounters.. to keep the surprise or because there aren't any more of them?
Hecatonchires and Charibidis
then we have "small" bosses
Pollux and the Furies

but I would like to know if there are more enormous fights....
It's the aspect I love the most in my GOW games.

You don't need a ton of massive boss fights in a God of War game.

bwahhhhh

my favorite fight on the whole franchise is the one with Hades in GOW3, it looks amazing and it plays amazing as well, i hope there is a fight similar to that caliber on GOWA, what is your favorite fight off all the games GAF?

probably Hercules. 1) because you're fighting $!#@ing Hercules, and he happens to be your half-brother. 2) it's a great battle that at first seems in his favor, then slowly you can feel the tide turn in your favor, and then once you get the gauntlets, you can sense that victory is near and he starts running away. not many boss battles in action games give that sense of you slowly turning the tide, it's usually just a sense of hammering away at them until their health bar goes to zero, then suddenly they are dead.

Jacob4815

You don't need a ton of massive boss fights in a God of War game.

It is true... but the massive boss fights are the parts of the saga i love the most.

And now the reviews pretty near confirmed my worst fears... Ascension has less epic fights than GOW3 and GOW2 .

It is true... but the massive boss fights are the parts of the saga i love the most.

And now the reviews pretty near confirmed my worst fears... Ascension has less epic fights than GOW3 and GOW2 .

Well, GoW3 had two titan fights really. I think this one maybe matches that.

Jacob4815

Well, GoW3 had two titan fights really. I think this one maybe matches that.

Yes, maybe Hecatonchires matches the Chrono fight, but the reviews hint that the game lacks of big battles.
In GOW3 we had Poseidon and Hades too... then Hercules, it was not "massive" but it was memorable... and GOW2? The Colossus, the Barbarian King, the Kraken, Clotho.. amazing, amazing stuff.

And I don't care at all about the "exclusive bosses" in the MP (Polyphemus looks great)... GOW is only a full SP experience to me.

I finally played this second demo (the first one I tried came with the Total Recall 2012 BD) and thought that graphically it looks astonishing but the framerate felt a bit too erratic for my liking and I yearned for the silky smooth 60 fps of the PS2 God of War HD collection. I'm not at all interested in the multiplayer but may pick it up at some point once I've finished my current crop of PS3 games, including Ni no Kuni and Sly Cooper: TiT!

Top Bottom