• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create sales 11/20-11/26

Nutter

GreenGlowingGoo said:
OK! That is great. The link doesn't eve have the numbers! First gamestop.. soon other forums will have them, then there'll be news articles on websites.
And so is the circle of life of news on GAF.

GAF > other forums > othersites > blogs > GAF.

Doogdogg said:
Nice DS sales. Common Sense, Mario & Kirby went up from previous week. I can't wait to see how much boost the holidays will have on them.

If you're not going to argue in a Media Create sales thread, you are not welcome here. Take your un-contentious on-topic posts elsewhere cur! Yaar!

I need to go to sleep

Lance, there's >300 posts in this thread because you're of the opinion that making a profit it less important than PR fluff.

IE: You're dumb as Hell

All you have to answer is this: Would you rather go down in history as the company with the most PR but the least profit or the company with the least PR but also the most successful?

Answer that and the debate's over. Easy huh?

A Link to the Past said:
Lance, there's >300 posts in this thread because you're of the opinion that making a profit it less important than PR fluff.

IE: You're dumb as Hell

All you have to answer is this: Would you rather go down in history as the company with the most PR but the least profit or the company with the least PR but also the most successful?

Answer that and the debate's over. Easy huh?

Umm I would go with most successful.

I mean if you're calling lance one extreme, then you're the other (but maybe you ren't of the opinion that PR is of extreme importance, and this post falsely represents that).

Profit PR, other things, all these things are important in balance.
Lets just leave it at that.

cvxfreak

duckroll said:
You guys have NO IDEA what you have done. 2ch has gotten wind of the 12k Xbox360 numbers and are using them too! :lol

Last year it was BorkBork's "TOO LOW BOMBA!" and now this year it's 360 numbers. :lol

Castle achieved something AniHawk never did. :lol :lol :lol

duckroll said:
You guys have NO IDEA what you have done. 2ch has gotten wind of the 12k Xbox360 numbers and are using them too! :lol

Well, at least they were got back for CTDS :p

Earthstrike said:
Umm I would go with most successful.

I mean if you're calling lance one extreme, then you're the other (but maybe you ren't of the opinion that PR is of extreme importance, and this post falsely represents that).

Profit PR, other things, all these things are important in balance.
Lets just leave it at that.

I'm not one extreme. I just realize that profit is ultimately the number one purpose of a company. No matter how awesome your PR is, it can't cover up bad profit. But bar PR is irrelevant when you have a swimming pool of gold coins and are a duck named after a classic Christmas character.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
duckroll said:

Ha! There will be so many tears tomorrow when the real numbers come out and 360 numbers are 4k at most.

Ginko

duckroll said:
Haha:lol

Who posted them there anyway? Must be a gaffer.

duckroll

GreenGlowingGoo said:
Ha! There will be so many tears tomorrow when the real numbers come out and 360 numbers are 4k at most.

I think it'll definitely be higher than 4k. Both DoAX2 and Culdcept Saga should have pushed more units that usual. 12k is definitely on the high side though.

adelante

Nutter said:
And so is the circle of life of news on GAF.

GAF > other forums > othersites > blogs > GAF.
:lol eerily true. As with other usual happenings at GAF, some nut is bound to reiterate those sales numbers as news in another thread.

Galactic Fork

duckroll said:
I think it'll definitely be higher than 4k. Both DoAX2 and Culdcept Saga should have pushed more units that usual. 12k is definitely on the high side though.

Hmm good point, I forgot it had a game in the top 10... I take that bad, and replace it with 7k, (I can't realistically go higher, maybe I'll be proven wrong.)

RaijinFY

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Tadaima

I can't believe I missed the first seven pages of this thread :(

Go Love & Berry! Can't wait until my copy gets here in the mail :)

Who the hell am I kidding

Galactic Fork

cvxfreak said:
Only after the true HW numbers are out shall we know.

I say we make a pacPie chart of Castle's fake numbers, then the other sites and forums can have somethin graphical to post too.

Jonnyram

Chris Michael said:
Erotic Kindergarten: Kisei-mae no Sekai!

I would give you more details but I don't want to go to b&l&.
You should go to b&l& for that shit you pulled anyway. It was totally NSFW. I don't know how you orchestrated the editing afterwards, but that was totally not cool.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Wait... just wait until de Wii is released and Blue Dragon is out. We must ready the party yet :D

P.S: PS3 canibalizes PSP numbers. Watch out Sony :D

Aurora

Jonnyram said:
Only a foolishly foolish fool would wait for something which will not happen.
All I know is that not enough people got this reference.

Nice L&B and JUS numbers. It will be interesting to see their legs.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
No, they aren't, but Lancestern tries to convince the world of NeoGAF that all games are selling horribly.

I hope Tales of Destiny next week can top the charts...despite Zelda. Can't wait for first day numbers >< FF6, ToD, SN4, Zelda, Wario, WiiSports, WiiPlay....

Oh, from last week thread...about new entries performance...

1-(NDS/SEGA) Love and Berry DS 421,227
800k shipment. Probably on the likes of Tamagotchi it will build its number week by week, but having 400k still out there wouldn't be good for most titles. Solid entry but I expected more and I guess SEGA too considering the shipment.

2 (NDS/Nintendo) Jump Ultimate Stars 150,303
First one sold 220k first week on a quite worse period (summer) and went on to sell >500k. (I guess the first day number we got was a little bogus or it was famitsu...)

3-(PS2/Konami) J-League Winning Eleven 10 + Europe League 06-07 103,365
Actually, this one is a surprise because because the previous JLeague didn't reach 50k in its first week (if the data i'm seeing is right). Maybe the Europe League helped.

8-(Xbox360/Tecmo) Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 45536
First one sold 90k on first week....but well, DOA3 sold >200k too and DOA4 still less than 100k. Expected but weak.

9-(PSP/Sony) Jeanne D'Arc PSP 45387
Ouch, Rogue Galaxy started with 240k last year on PS2. I guess this is PSP afterall...even pink PSP didn't help it.

15. Culdcept Saga (360)
Dunno....good for being a 360 title I suppose...

21. Boktai Djang and Sabata (DS)
Errr...nothing more to say.

Top Bottom