• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create sales 11/20-11/26

Leonsito said:
dsleatsall21nw2.jpg

Sony shipped even less PS3s than last week, 1m in Japan till the end of 2006 seems like a huge stretch at the moment.

@Ruud It's actually slightly more than 300k systems :D

Hardware/Japan

01. DSL 201,378 (+ 56,6%)
02. PS3 32,662 (- 22,4%)
03. PSP 30,815 (+ 86,6%)
04. PS2 26,263 (+ 74,3%)
05. Xbox360 7,007 (+ 73,0%)
06. GBASP 1,264
07. GBM 1,235
08. GC 576
09. DS 212
10. GBA 27
11. Xbox 0

jesusraz

31.) World Soccer Winning Eleven DS (Incl. Bundled Edition) (NDS, Konami)
32.) Tamagotchi 2 (NDS, Bandai Namco)
33.) Riviera: The Promised Land (PSP, Sting) - NEW ENTRY
34.) Resistance (PS3, SCE)
35.) Tetris DS (NDS, Nintendo)
36.) Guitar Hero II & Drum Maniac 2 (PS2, Konami) - NEW ENTRY
37.) Naruto (PS2, Bandai Namco)
38.) Everyone's Tennis (PS2, SCE)
39.) Tales of the Tempest (NDS, Bandai Namco)
40.) Phoenix Wright 2 (Best Price) (NDS, Capcom)
41.) Rhythm Tengoku (GBA, Nintendo)
42.) Monster Hunter Portable (The Best) (PSP, Capcom)
43.) Mario Basket 3-on-3 (NDS Nintendo)
44.) Pokémon Emerald (Incl. Bundled Edition) (GBA, The Pokémon Company)
45.) Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (NDS, Konami)
46.) Dragon Ball Z Sparking! NEO (PS2, Bandai Namco)
47.) Custom Robo Arena (NDS, Nintendo)
48.) Ace combat X (PSP, Bandai Namco)
49.) Genji (PS3, SCE)
50.) Big Brain Academy (NDS, Nintendo)

Hardware - This Week | Last Week | Total 2006 Sales

1.) Nintendo DS Lite - 201,378 | 128,621 | 5,955,282
2.) PlayStation 3 - 32,662 | 42,099 | 156,400
3.) PlayStation Portable - 30,815 | 16,690 | 1,540,101
4.) PlayStation 2 - 26,263 | 15,068 | 1,274,552
5.) Xbox 360 - 7,007 | 4,050 | 176,450
6.) Game Boy Advance SP - 1,264 | 1,199 | 213,668
7.) Game Boy micro - 1,235 | 1,037 | 135,467
8.) GameCube - 576 | 514 | 71,239
9.) Nintendo DS - 212 | 182 | 957,207
10.) Game Boy Advance - 27 | 30 | 3,370
11.) Xbox - 0 | 6 | 1,705

ZeoVGM

Banned
jesusraz said:
Hardware - This Week | Last Week | Total 2006 Sales

1.) Nintendo DS Lite - 201,378 | 128,621 | 5,955,282
2.) PlayStation 3 - 32,662 | 42,099 | 156,400
3.) PlayStation Portable - 30,815 | 16,690 | 1,540,101
4.) PlayStation 2 - 26,263 | 15,068 | 1,274,552
5.) Xbox 360 - 7,007 | 4,050 | 176,450
6.) Game Boy Advance SP - 1,264 | 1,199 | 213,668
7.) Game Boy micro - 1,235 | 1,037 | 135,467
8.) GameCube - 576 | 514 | 71,239
9.) Nintendo DS - 212 | 182 | 957,207
10.) Game Boy Advance - 27 | 30 | 3,370
11.) Xbox - 0 | 6 | 1,705

Can we get LTD sales too?

Seems like DS/DSL will easily top 8m this year in Japan. Could perhaps be the best year ever (hardware wise) for one console or handheld in a single country ever worldwide!?

Btw. I have DS at 934.669, could anybody check which is correct?

Zweisy1

It's good to see Nintendo DS doing so well because it actually completely deserves the succes. Never before has Nintendo delivered such a strong first party lineup in the first 2 years of their console/handheld.

Jonnyram

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
1-(NDS/SEGA) Love and Berry DS 421,227
800k shipment. Probably on the likes of Tamagotchi it will build its number week by week, but having 400k still out there wouldn't be good for most titles. Solid entry but I expected more and I guess SEGA too considering the shipment.
It is the 4th largest sales ever for a DS title in its first week. Cut it some slack!

jesusraz

omg rite said:
Can we get LTD sales too?

Someone posted them either last week or the week before...so if anyone fancies digging them up and doing the additions, then please do :)

Interesting how the PSP managed to basically get itself on par with the PS3 this week!

jesusraz

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
The DS is starting increase his sales. And it is clear that next week they will be even higher.

So the big battle next week won't be Sony vs. Nintendo, but actually Nintendo vs. Nintendo? Nice!

DS vs. Wii - which will be the victor?

Jonnyram said:
It is the 4th largest sales ever for a DS title in its first week. Cut it some slack!
Sure its doing awesome! Its the biggest SEGA title since...a good while isn't it. Just thought its interesting to see that its first shipment was quite bigger.

I kinda see a resemblance with Common Sense Training. This one had less than 50% rate with its first shipment (200/450k or something like that), but its showing extremely good legs and its going to reach 1m so easily that it has to hurt :lol

I think both Nintendo and SEGA knew this two games were going to be very big and so massive shipments were delivered. I also think L&B is going to have good legs too, reach that first shipment, surpass it, and surpass 1m mark too...but I'm being cautious for the moment :)

ZeoVGM

Banned
jesusraz said:
Someone posted them either last week or the week before...so if anyone fancies digging them up and doing the additions, then please do :)

I believe I did it last week.

I'm just lazy right now. heh

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Xbox360 7,007

Tatties and Blue Dragons gets the japanese all hot and bothered! :D

wiigeddon next week...
Nintendo selling half a million hardware units a week for a couple of weeks? :eek:

Anecdotal time : fricken EVERYONE in the office is going on about the Wii. Non gamers especially. This really is starting to smell like the DS although this time it's hitting the ground running. Nintendo are basically unstoppable - Iwata is a god.

Jonnyram

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Sure its doing awesome! Its the biggest SEGA title since...a good while isn't it. Just thought its interesting to see that its first shipment was quite bigger.
There is one reason for this - the card reader. Apparently, they're not going to be making any more until the new year, so that shipment has to last over the holiday period. I assume retailers made orders based on that information, and rather than lose out by selling out quickly, they have had to risk holding more stock.

Log4Girlz

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Oh, from last week thread...about new entries performance...

1-(NDS/SEGA) Love and Berry DS 421,227
800k shipment. Probably on the likes of Tamagotchi it will build its number week by week, but having 400k still out there wouldn't be good for most titles. Solid entry but I expected more and I guess SEGA too considering the shipment.

What? Quite a few titles would kill for 500k sales, let alone 400k in the first week. The only titles that could deservedly expect more are either Nintendo or Square's biggeset titles. Most games ship far more titles than they expect to sell in its first week.

Cactus Jack said:
3 years later, we will link to the topic and laugh our asses off to see so many hailing premature victory (or failure, whichever you like) and being the exact opposite of current situation.

You mean the way we did with all the PSP prediction threads? Yeah, good times.

Dragona Akehi said:
Tabris is taking Anihawk's comments at face value? Someone needs a break from the forums...

I just thought this was kinda funny until I scrolled up and saw that Tabris was banned. :lol

Kurosaki Ichigo said:

I kinda see a resemblance with Common Sense Training. This one had less than 50% rate with its first shipment (200/450k or something like that), but its showing extremely good legs and its going to reach 1m so easily that it has to hurt :lol

I think both Nintendo and SEGA knew this two games were going to be very big and so massive shipments were delivered. I also think L&B is going to have good legs too, reach that first shipment, surpass it, and surpass 1m mark too...but I'm being cautious for the moment :)
Sega will sell nearly all of the 800k shipment in at least 3 weeks. They'll probably sell nearly a million by the end of the year. It's a pretty good strategy by Sega.

Leonsito

Next week is 11/27 to 12/3, right ? Will be see 400k Wii sold ?

M-Create: The movie (The Prequel to NPD November: The Movie)

swerve

Somehow, everyone seems to know when DSes are getting delivered to Japanese stores, because every time I see it happen, there is suddenly a weird buzzing sound, and then a swarm of consumers. That said, I think supply will soon catch up with demand - before this month I'd never seen a DS Lite actually sat on a shelf, whereas I've seen at least two (!) in the last week.

Also, Wii shipments seem fairly healthy - my local store got more than expected and re-opened their pre-orders today as a result.

MrSardonic

The nerdiest nerd of all the nerds in nerdland
DSL outsells all Sony hardware combined by a factor of 2.24

DSL outsells all other available hardware combined by a factor of 2.01

Shame the DSL is still suffering shortages, we will never know just how crazy its sales could have been.

swerve said:
Somehow, everyone seems to know when DSes are getting delivered to Japanese stores, because every time I see it happen, there is suddenly a weird buzzing sound, and then a swarm of consumers. That said, I think supply will soon catch up with demand - before this month I'd never seen a DS Lite actually sat on a shelf, whereas I've seen at least two (!) in the last week.

Also, Wii shipments seem fairly healthy - my local store got more than expected and re-opened their pre-orders today as a result.

:lol

I thought Love and Berry had over 1 million pre-orders? So basically they are going to be sold out for another 600,000 or so copies.

Kurosaki Ichigo said:

It is the biggest Sega game in Japan since Virtua Fighter 2.

jesusraz

Jonnyram said:
There is one reason for this - the card reader. Apparently, they're not going to be making any more until the new year, so that shipment has to last over the holiday period. I assume retailers made orders based on that information, and rather than lose out by selling out quickly, they have had to risk holding more stock.

So no chance of it reaching a million before the end of the year then...shame!

KINGMOKU

How many days will the Wii be on the market for next weeks media-chart?

Also, does anyone know the confirmed numbers for the Wii at launch?

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
moku said:
How many days will the Wii be on the market for next weeks media-chart?

Also, does anyone know the confirmed numbers for the Wii at launch?

2 days According to a post ^ there

Nintendo says 400k.

Yamauchi

Banned
I think it's good that there might be a few DSLs on store shelves. Nintendo will need all the extra stock they can get for the last two weeks of December.

jimbo

Banned
So how do you guys think Viva Pinata will fare in Japan. It's supposed to come out Jan 11th over there. Those of you that played it, do you have the skills to predict whether or not this will be a product the Japanese will like?

Top Bottom