• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create sales 11/20-11/26

Masklinn

Accept one saviour, get the second free.
Raw64life said:
Now with LTDs and fixed the Xbox360 YTD...

DS + DSL Combined LTD = 12,536,690
GBA + GBASP + GBM Combined LTD = 15,280,180
DSL finally over GBASP sales!

Took 11 months to sell as much as 3 years of GBASP...

Only thing left now is for the DSL to make for the GBA <-> DS difference (~2.3mil more sales for the GBA) and fill the GBA Micro gap

Rock_Man

dspsp9tv1.png

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
nextgeneration said:
It's only a matter of time before DS/DSL overtake the Gameboy family. ;) It seems like Nintendo has been successful at capturing the segment of the population that don't play games, which is one of the reasons why DS/DS Lite has taken off big time. Wii will probably fall into the same boat. Major props to Nintendo for advancing and growing the market.
I'll really be impressed if the DS/DSL passes the GB/GBC in Japan (32.47 million shipped).

Branduil

Wii will beat the DSL if it ships with enough systems. Wasn't the rumor that they were launching with 400,000 in Japan?

I'll really be impressed if the DS/DSL passes the GB/GBC in Japan (32.47 million shipped).

Wow, didn't realize that GB/GBC shipped that many. Isn't DS/DSL tracking higher numbers than GB/GBC at the same point in their respective lifecycles?

nextgeneration said:
Wow, didn't realize that GB/GBC shipped that many. Isn't DS/DSL tracking higher numbers than GB/GBC at the same point in their respective lifecycles?

Yes, but the GB and GBC were out there for over 10 years of constant sales.

Ah, that's right. That's even more amazing, then, considering DS/DSL haven't even been on the market nearly as long. I think they'll easily pass GB/GBC when all is said and done.

Fuzzy

Stopsign said:
Which is why I don't think the DS/DSL will pass it. The fad will end soon enough. :p

AirBrian

nextgeneration said:
Ah, that's right. That's even more amazing, then, considering DS/DSL haven't even been on the market nearly as long. I think they'll easily pass GB/GBC when all is said and done.
I disagree only because there is no way that the DS/DSL will be on the market for 10+ years. Nintendo will release a "next-gen" DS.

(And yes, I do see the irony in having the phrase "next-gen" and DS in the same sentence.)

Fuzzy said:
Which is why I don't think the DS/DSL will pass it. The fad will end soon enough. :p

Once the DS Lite is a year old, it will be around 10 million sales. They only need to keep that up for 2 more years and it will reach GB/GBC sales numbers.

Don't forget that the GBC was a new system with GBC specific software too, they could still do the same with a new version of the DS :)

apotema

I think Nintendo will release a New Game Boy compatible only with the Game Boy Line. Then they will release a New DS compatible with the DS Line

I disagree only because there is no way that the DS/DSL will be on the market for 10+ years. Nintendo will release a "next-gen" DS.

Ok, how about this, then? DS and all its future iterations (DSL Advanced, DSL Pro, etc.) will outsell GB and all of its various iterations. ;)

Regardless of what happens, I am happy that SOMEONE (and it just happens to be Nintendo) seems to be cracking the segment of the population that doesn't play games, and both DSL and all its future various incarnations, along with Wii, will play a huge role at bringing in the masses to this industry.

Fuzzy

Graphics Horse said:
Once the DS Lite is a year old, it will be around 10 million sales. They only need to keep that up for 2 more years and it will reach GB/GBC sales numbers.

Don't forget that the GBC was a new system with GBC specific software too, they could still do the same with a new version of the DS :)
I was joking.

The only reason I group GB and GBC together is because that's the way Nintendo does it in their financial reports.

Slightly OT: NoA updated their chart.

Nintendo_Sales_September30_2006.jpg

US= NPD through October
WW= Shipments through September 30th

Fuzzy

Graphics Horse said:
The U.S's share of GBA sales is amazing.
The North American share of shipments have always been huge, at least until the DS.

NES - 55.1%
SNES - 47.6%
N64 - 62.6%
GCN - 58.7%
GB/GBC - 37.1%
GBA - 50.9%
DS - 28.0%

verplant

Fuzzy said:
Slightly OT: NoA updated their chart.

US= NPD through October
WW= Shipments through September 30th

thx.

BTW: Have you got the same chart from nintendo through dec. 05?

Can't find it anymore...

Hardware, no real surprises.

Ps3 still selling every unit Sony can push but the amount they can ship is jsut sad at this point, PSP see's a huge boos mostly due to new game, DS did alright (i guess) and PS2 still very much alive, which is quite amazing.

360 new norm will become 7k~. That is a huge improvement for MS, lets see if it will last after the holiday season.

Sales right now are so predictable its not even funny anymore.

RaijinFY

Cactus Jack said:

Ps3 still selling every unit Sony can push but the amount they can ship is jsut sad at this point, PSP see's a huge boos mostly due to new game, DS did alright (i guess) and PS2 still very much alive, which is quite amazing.

360 new norm will become 7k~. That is a huge improvement for MS, lets see if it will last after the holiday season.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Mar

Cactus Jack said:

:lol

Cactus Jack said:

Joke character ftl

Nutter

Cactus Jack said:

Holy Shit.. this guy is a complete joke. :lol :lol

200k in a week is just "alright"?

castle007

Banned
Cactus Jack said:

:lol :lol :lol

Jonnyram

Cactus Jack said:
OK, in case you didn't know, there is a new 360 bundle out on Dec 7. It includes the core unit and Blue Dragon for 29800. Why would anyone buy the core unit for 29800 now, knowing that you can get Blue Dragon free with it next week? I can only imagine the 7000~ who bought one last week either didn't care about Blue Dragon or wanted it desperately for Culdcept.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Cactus Jack said:

mono confirmed :lol :lol :lol

RaijinFY

Yeah It's him, I mean:

"The DS is doing alright." is just priceless and only him would say a such thing. :lol :lol :lol

mj1108

Cactus Jack said:

Mono returns! :lol

Busaiku

Cactus Jack said:

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
:lol at 'huge boost for PSP'

anyway INSANE numbers for DSL this week, cant wait for the Wii next week :d

The usual?

GBASP at 39 weeks: 1.85M
DSL at 39 weeks: 5.96M
Time for GBASP to reach 5.96M: Hard to say. It hasn't happened yet.

Yes. By Media Create's numbers, DSL's 39 weeks have passed lifetime sales for the GBASP.

DS at 39 weeks: 3.02M
PSP at 39 weeks: 1.68M
GBM at 39 weeks: 514K

Graphically.

Considering that last week the comaprison of "DS after Lite" and "GBA after SP" has become boring due to the end of original DS production, and now DSL passing GBASP, I think my weekly displaying of these comparisons is pretty pointless.

apotema said:
I think Nintendo will release a New Game Boy compatible only with the Game Boy Line.
Maybe if someone usurp's Iwata's throne. I can't see him making such an announcement. "Hello everyone. Remember the new innovations that came about with the DS? Forget all of that! Try our new Game Boy Maximum. Compatible with none of your favorite DS games!" The great thing about the DS is that while they initially billed it as a third pillar, it could still do everything the GBA could along with its new features. Why would they revert after such a success?

castle007

Banned
JoshuaJSlone said:
The usual?

GBASP at 39 weeks: 1.85M
DSL at 39 weeks: 5.96M
Time for GBASP to reach 5.96M: Hard to say. It hasn't happened yet.

Yes. By Media Create's numbers,
DSL's 39 weeks have passed lifetime sales for the GBASP.

DS at 39 weeks: 3.02M
PSP at 39 weeks: 1.68M
GBM at 39 weeks: 514K

Graphically.

Considering that last week the comaprison of "DS after Lite" and "GBA after SP" has become boring due to the end of original DS production, and now DSL passing GBASP, I think my weekly displaying of these comparisons is pretty pointless.

Maybe if someone usurp's Iwata's throne. I can't see him making such an announcement. "Hello everyone. Remember the new innovations that came about with the DS? Forget all of that! Try our new Game Boy Maximum. Compatible with none of your favorite DS games!" The great thing about the DS is that while they initially billed it as a third pillar, it could still do everything the GBA could along with its new features. Why would they revert after such a success?

WOW

Top Bottom