• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create sales 11/20-11/26

jarrod said:
Console Tales have never really been in question though, it's handheld sales that've slumped comparably. Eternia PSP was lucky to ride launch rush but everything following that (Phantasia FVE, Tempest) has been super dissapointing. Can RM break the trend?

I'd like to say that it'll do well as a result of not being a piece of crap but PSP software has been underwhelming by even conservative estimates lately.

(Also that would be predicated on RM not being a piece of crap, which I hope it isn't but definitely can't say with certainty....)

jarrod

Banned
charlequin said:
I'd like to say that it'll do well as a result of not being a piece of crap but PSP software has been underwhelming by even conservative estimates lately.
Agreed. I guess even 150k is probably asking a lot really.

charlequin said:
(Also that would be predicated on RM not being a piece of crap, which I hope it isn't but definitely can't say with certainty....)
Well being from Alfa System rather than Dimps automatically ups it's chances considerably. It's annoying that DS didn't get the 4th dungeon game though, sort of defies logic actually.

cvxfreak

Dengeki:

Love and Berry: 423,000 (it's being compared to ACWW and Tamagotchi. :O)
JUS: 153,000
J League 10: 104,000
DOAX2: 51,000

castle007

Banned
cvxfreak said:
Dengeki:

Love and Berry: 423,000 (it's being compared to ACWW and Tamagotchi. :O)
JUS: 153,000
J League 10: 104,000
DOAX2: 51,000

For some reason, I don't think this game will have the same legs

ethelred

castle007 said:
For some reason, I don't think this game will have the same legs

Comparisons to Animal Crossing might be slightly ambitious, but the game doesn't need to have much in the way of legs, given its strong debut, to meet Tamagotchi's sales.

Neomoto

8 . Dead or Alive Xtreme 2 (Xbox360) 45536
29. Ridge Racer 7 (PS3)
30. Gundam: Target in Sight (PS3)
Oh shit :lol

But serieusly, Sony better get their act together because these hard- en software sales are ****ing pathetic. And what happens if Wii takes over? Would the Japanese gameindustry transform to a Nintendo non-gamedustry (?). This is a crazy "console war" but pretty interessting. Looks like Nintendo has a change to take it all in Japan, meaning they would litterly own Japan with DS and Wii. Even now with DS alone last week 44% of the top 50, whas published by Nintendo (and would change the development side of the world heavily if Japan development shifts over to "new-gen interface gaming"). Xbox360 has a year headstart in US and looks like Sony is going to play catch up to them there (and to Wii, as they are nr 3 worldwide now), and the Wii could do decent/good numbers too in the US. Europe is a big question mark because X360 is selling pretty badly, Sony aint launching to god knows when and the Wii could be a hit or miss. Pretty crazy indeed.

Oh well, at least the Japanse top 10 is pretty good overal :) Xbox360 had a nice boost, and 2 games in top 20 I think is a great succes for them. DS never seace to amaze, 200k+ and software sales are excellent.

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
First day sales
PS2 Tales of Destiny - 210.000 (74%)
GBA Final Fantasy VI Advance - 100.000 (47%)
PS2 Summon Night 4 - 88.000 (50%)
PS2 Kamen Rider Kabuto - 16.000 (60%)
PSP Makai Senki Disgaea Portable - 7.300 (40%)
360 Super Robot Wars XO - 4.300 (40%)

Back to the usuall. Hopefull DOAX2 and Culdcept have legs.

apujanata

JoshuaJSlone said:
The usual?

GBASP at 39 weeks: 1.85M
DSL at 39 weeks: 5.96M
Time for GBASP to reach 5.96M: Hard to say. It hasn't happened yet.

Yes. By Media Create's numbers, DSL's 39 weeks have passed lifetime sales for the GBASP.

Wow. Especially at the party you bolded. Really wow.

It prints money.gif

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Eek...WE DS dissapointing total...ToT has just been blown out of this world because...

First day sales
PS2 Tales of Destiny - 210.000 (74%)
GBA Final Fantasy VI Advance - 100.000 (47%)
PS2 Summon Night 4 - 88.000 (50%)
PS2 Kamen Rider Kabuto - 16.000 (60%)
PSP Makai Senki Disgaea Portable - 7.300 (40%)
360 Super Robot Wars XO - 4.300 (40%)

Nice :)

Wowzers confirmed. More reason why FFVI would do well with a true home console remake.

donny2112

Eddz said:
I predict at least 20 pages for next week's thread.

I predict 10 pages or less for next week's thread, because everyone will be in the November NPD thread, which will be > 50 pages when it's finished.

I predict that the PSP will outsell the DS in either late December or early January, when Nintendo's paltry 1.5 million allotment for Japan in December runs out.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Xavien said:
Think about it.... less than 200k Xbox 360's have been sold in Japan, do you really think there's gonna be 200k preorders?

Oh, 360 is still less than 200k? Nevermind then.

AniHawk

Stopsign said:
I'm sadden by the fact that there are no Zelda sales yet. Hopefully it sold ~ 1:1 with the Wii.

Wii Sports and Wario Ware have a more likelier chance of that, sadly. I don't even think TP will sell 1,000,000 in Japan.

duckroll

Let's clear up the Blue Dragon thing. On a Japanese retailer blog, it's been mentioned that Blue Dragon is doing very well in pre-orders, both the game and the bundle. But he contemplates if that is enough to get it the 200k target that MS wants (lifetime I suppose, not at release) because it's still a hurdle for the Xbox360 to gain wide acceptance in Japan. Interestingly, in an interview with Famitsu Xbox360, Sakaguchi has indicated that he's happy if the game meets his personal target of 100k.

AniHawk said:
Wii Sports and Wario Ware have a more likelier chance of that, sadly. I don't even think TP will sell 1,000,000 in Japan.

:(

Well, Zelda might hit Super Smash Bros Melee's sales if Nintendo can ship enough consoles by March. I have a feeling that Zelda will be a lot like Super Mario 64 DS, and not quite make it too a million.

donny, what are your ltds for Winning Eleven DS and Tales of the Tempest?

I had Tales lower than Famitsu and Winning Eleven higher >_>

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
AniHawk said:

I agree, but also it's possible TP could get an extra push cause of the launch. At least I hope.

I think this Zelda can and will make it to a million.

The last one to do so was Ocarina of Time, so the game that most say is better than it, should make it there!

Come on Twilight Princess!

heidern

AniHawk said:
I don't even think TP will sell 1,000,000 in Japan.
Yeah, you're probably right. When the Wii goes on to sell 10 or 20 million you'll likely find that TP stands at 2 or 3 million sold.

Zelda can do whatever it wants...later, #1 this week is for ToD! ><

Btw, there is a ¿slim? chance that we will have 7 100k sellers this week.

Locked already: ToD, FF6a
99% chance: Summon Night 4, Zelda
Maybe: Wario, Love & Berry, Wii Sports

donny2112

LanceStern said:
donny, what are your ltds for Winning Eleven DS and Tales of the Tempest?

I track very few Japanese games by Media-Create's numbers (neither of those two, though), and my Famitsu numbers are just what I post in these threads as last week's Top 30. Sorry.

JackSparrow Ninja said:
consider that TP has come out as both GC and Wii version in Japan

The GameCube version is only available online (and online sales aren't tracked by MC or Famitsu), as far as I know.

heidern said:
AniHawk said:
I don't even think TP will sell 1,000,000 in Japan.

Yeah, you're probably right. When the Wii goes on to sell 10 or 20 million you'll likely find that TP stands at 2 or 3 million sold.

Huh? How did what you said agree with what he said?

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Btw, there is a ¿slim? chance that we will have 7 100k sellers this week.

It'll be like one Q1-Q3 month of NPD in one week in Japan. :) And it's not even the biggest sales week for Japan. :D

AniHawk

heidern said:

I'm not hating on the Wii. Zelda's been becoming less and less popular in Japan ever since Ocarina. Of course, I'd love to see TP sell like ****ing crazy, because it's the best game of all-time, but I don't think it'll happen.

ethelred

CoolTrick said:
Er, no, if Launch Title Luigi's Mansion for the GameCube can do a million in Japan, so can Twilight Princess.

So what you're saying, then, is that Twilight Princess won't reach a million.

Deku

Banned
AniHawk said:
I'm not hating on the Wii. Zelda's been becoming less and less popular in Japan ever since Ocarina. Of course, I'd love to see TP sell like ****ing crazy, because it's the best game of all-time, but I don't think it'll happen.

It will. it's 2 big advantages is being a launch title and being Twilight Princess.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
AniHawk said:
No, you're hating on Japanese consumers. Why do you hate them AniHawk? Why?

cvxfreak

CoolTrick might be confusing Luigi's Mansion with Mario Party 4 or Animal Crossing, the only games other than SSBM to have broken 900K on GC in Japan.

Parl

AniHawk said:
LM didn't even hit 450k.

TP should do a convincing job of beating Luigi's Shed, but most predict that. I'm not great when it comes to software sales, but my prediction would be that it'll hit 1 million because I think it'll have good jogging legs.

I think that the Wii needs a bit more word of mouth to reach the more casual/non-gaming crowd, so the Wii will me more available to core gamers than it will be in the future. And TP doesn't have much (good) competition for this core group if a said core gamer chooses only 1 or 2 games within the next half year or so.

Except I see titles starting with the letter -W made by Nintendo selling much better; basically all of the Wii Something titles and WarioWare (even though it doesn't start with W in Japan).

TP will hit 1.5 or 2 million easily. Maybe not by the end of this year, but sometime next year it will hit 1.5 mil, and by the end of the generation it will be at 2 or 2.5 mil.

In fact. I'd wager that for the remainder of the year in Japan, TP will maintain an LTD greater than the PS3.

Btw, just remembered Wii Play (Hajimete no Wii) was also released...that makes 8 possible 100k sellers. I guess it'll depend on Wii attach rate...

On a shop the 5 best selling titles were: 1. Wii Play 2. Wii Sports 3. Wario 4. Zelda 5. Red Steel...kinda weird, also 2:1 attach rate iirc.

Zelda is a big franchise in Japan, but it's never really had as rabid of a following there as the Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Pokemon, or even Mario/Mario Kart franchises I think.

If it is to topple 1 million, it will need some of that "Wii Effect" to help buoy its sales probably. Selling 400k systems on day one certainly doesn't hurt Zelda. Although in Japan, Zelda also has to compete with Wii Sports as a standalone game as that first Wii purchase.

Xeke

Banned
bmf said:
TP will hit 1.5 or 2 million easily. Maybe not by the end of this year, but sometime next year it will hit 1.5 mil, and by the end of the generation it will be at 2 or 2.5 mil.

In fact. I'd wager that for the remainder of the year in Japan, TP will maintain an LTD greater than the PS3.

What are you basing this one? OoT was the last to sell over a million in Japan. Zelda is turning into more of a western gamer title.

Top Bottom