• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA-GAF |OT4| BangBros

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheChits

almost
all of my friends are dead. DEAD
avgn_sports2wfjfm.gif

Did I miss anything good on MMA Hour? Did K1 striker and soon to be UFC HW champ Marku Huntu say anything fun?

EDIT: Holy .. what the .. what happened in this thread since I was gone?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Did I miss anything good on MMA Hour? Did K1 striker and soon to be UFC HW champ Marku Huntu say anything fun?

EDIT: Holy .. what the .. what happened in this thread since I was gone?

Stephan Bonnar gets into an argument (off call) with his wife about his steroid use.

Mark Hunt gets outed by his kids that he eats KFC every day.

dream

Goddammit, now I have to pretend to like this sport and act like the Miller Brothers are talented fighters.

VASPER

Banned
So what happened to all of MMA Gaf? I was in the official UFC 158 thread and like everyone is gone, too bad its why i lurk.
Everthing is OK we still have FACE!

Goddammit, now I have to pretend to like this sport and act like the Miller Brothers are talented fighters.

Dan Miller is about to get that work from Jordan Mein this Sat so you won't have to pretend for long, brother drm.

Oh and drm I know you usually find out about most things a few weeks or months after the rest of civilization, but come August, all UFC programming on Fuel moves to Fox Sports 1 which is currently Speed and is in more homes.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
My job has turned me into a vampire. What in seven hells is going on here?

edit: Just saw the last page. Wow, all we have left is nerd chat now :( This forum really is going to shit, we're not allowed to make jokes anymore regarding threads we don't even participate in. Every fucking day it's something else we're not allowed to do.

I credit my durability to my GSP like personality. My favorite flavor is vanilla. My favorite color is white. My favorite drink is water. My favorite food is toast.

bone_and_sinew

it's just 2-week bans as far as I know, everything will be back to normal on the 25th.
Not if we're being actively monitored. Like I said in nerd chat, we can't be ourselves anymore.

edit: of course, the GAF celebs/mod favorites didn't get banned but our brothers did.

bone_and_sinew

Want an unmoderated forum? This was never that. Go elsewhere.
I don't, but adding and adding and adding restrictions as time goes by creates boredom and stagnation. Are you now going to go into every single community now and clean house for the same behavior or is it just our turn? I thought the whole point of communities was to unclog OT and give each community a place to stretch their legs.

I don't, but adding and adding and adding restrictions as time goes by creates boredom and stagnation. Are you now going to go into every single community now and clean house for the same behavior or is it just our turn? I thought the whole point of communities was to unclog OT and give each community a place to stretch their legs.

Ya but you left your boundaries and got involved in the other thread. Gotta stay out of stuff like that.

bone_and_sinew

Ya but you left your boundaries and got involved in the other thread. Gotta stay out of stuff like that.
That's fine. This sport isn't a 24 hours newscycle like the major 3 sports. We kill time between cards/big news by shooting the shit and that's how we do it. It's our lockeroom talk, and I don't view it as harmful as long as it doesn't leave the lockeroom. But if we're getting nailed for it, then be fair and nail the rest as well.

Via mmafighting

The most surprising aspect of the entire strange saga was White announcement on Twitter that Hunt had rejected the UFC's offer to fight dos Santos.

Considering that Hunt personally campaigned for the dos Santos fight the night before, the claim made was understandably met by confusion. And not surprisingly, it didn't take long for Hunt to shoot down White's accusation.

"I'm not a liar," Hunt explained. "I'm a pretty straight up person. And I'd told the truth. What my thing is, I tell most of the time the truth, and sometimes it's good for me, sometimes it's bad. But, it's true. I don't turn down fights unless I'm injured. Never have. So it's a part of my makeup. Like I said, opportunities don't come that often, so you've got to take them when they come. I wasn't taking a dig at anyone. It was just the way I was voicing my opinion. That's the good thing about Twitter."

Heel

That's fine. This sport isn't a 24 hours newscycle like the major 3 sports. We kill time between cards/big news by shooting the shit and that's how we do it. It's our lockeroom talk, and I don't view it as harmful as long as it doesn't leave the lockeroom. But if we're getting nailed for it, then be fair and nail the rest as well.

I don't think the behavior is defensible, but I do think there's a clear level of hypocrisy involved.

EviLore if you don't want to continue the dialogue in private I'll just say it here. I'm calling on you to either apologize to plywood like a man or accept a mutual two week ban for "being a jerk" to one of the nicest guys on your forum.

gentlemen-gaf, it is time for a coup. where is boogie?

he already came out of the woodwork about a week back, right on schedule for GSP's re-emergence.

And yeah, I think I speak for everyone who likes MMA when I say that James Tuna is a huge improvement over Bader. Can't fucking stand Bader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom