• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Men down! Goodbye GAF

SpiceRacz

bing-bong-inside-out-gif.gif

giphy.gif

xrnzaaas

Yep, I’ll get some deleted, and some with just a little “hey, that was borderline, tone it down” or something like that. I know I get overly passionate on here sometimes, but I don’t ever take that personal. There’s been times I’ve disagreed a little, but going back to read my posts I can see how they could come off that way, especially in a world where we can’t hear tone of voice or see body language when someone says something on a forum. But would never take it personal. I just leave it alone and forget about it like 2 minutes later lol. If people didn’t get warnings, it would be a huge shit show here.
I think it's a case of how easily can someone be offended and if they can aknowledge that maybe they shouldn't have posted that stuff. Personally I don't mind if someone politely tells me "that's a bit too far, we've deleted your post". I definitely hate when a mod sends me a rude message, tries to be funny or hints at their political leanings relating to the post deletion. This never happened on GAF thankfully, but it pissed me enough to abandon other sites once or twice on "bad terms". ;)

Toots

Gold Member
The mods see something that qualifies as console warring, they will issue a warning, even if it’s a joke. If you’re just trying to get a jab in that’s basically the cost of it. It doesn’t mean you’re an enemy of the forum if so. Warnings are not a big deal. Post deletions are not a big deal. Just a way to keep things on track.
As Corneille said : "à vaincre sans péril on triomphe sans gloire" (triumph without peril brings no glory)
And as you say the peril isn't even much in this situation, a bruised ego heals quick.

What's good with Neogaf is you're treated as a responsible individual, and as long as you behave like one you're good. Own up to your mistakes, everyone make some, and learn from it. Or challenge the way you've been treated with good arguments, and you'll be heard.

Dear lord
You seem particularly feisty with your posts these last few days, in a "i cannot deal with nonsense even for one second" kind of way :messenger_grinning_sweat:
I hope everything is good and you'll return to your more patient self soon !

Hoppa

why does it always sound like leaving this website is a momentous life event, just log off and log back in when you have a couple minutes

nush

Hey Tyler it's Whitecrow, just borrowing my friend's account real quick (but you can delete it, he doesn't care). Firstly, cute thing you did there with the ban reason. Secondly, just for clarification are you seriously okay with the way NeoGaf is right now? There will be an Incel Community | OT thread by the end of the year (if there isn't one already). Is the site's moral grotesqueity supposed to be your revenge against the "sjw" who scorned you? Good grief. No offense but be honest, if you heard of someone else doing that, wouldn't you think that it's the most pathetic and predicatble thing ever?

Mr Moose

Hey Tyler it's Whitecrow, just borrowing my friend's account real quick (but you can delete it, he doesn't care). Firstly, cute thing you did there with the ban reason. Secondly, just for clarification are you seriously okay with the way NeoGaf is right now? There will be an Incel Community | OT thread by the end of the year (if there isn't one already). Is the site's moral grotesqueity supposed to be your revenge against the "sjw" who scorned you? Good grief. No offense but be honest, if you heard of someone else doing that, wouldn't you think that it's the most pathetic and predicatble thing ever?
im-sorry-what-calvin-payne.gif

Toots

Gold Member
*Man down

Men is plural.
He might have some kind of hidden agenda
gay GIF

You have to let it go, you're putting nush nush account at risk with this kind of incredibly petty stuff.
You sound like a scorned lover and it's never a good look.

Sleepwalker

Understand Captain America GIF

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
I think it's a case of how easily can someone be offended and if they can aknowledge that maybe they shouldn't have posted that stuff. Personally I don't mind if someone politely tells me "that's a bit too far, we've deleted your post". I definitely hate when a mod sends me a rude message, tries to be funny or hints at their political leanings relating to the post deletion. This never happened on GAF thankfully, but it pissed me enough to abandon other sites once or twice on "bad terms". ;)
I’ve had a couple off the wall comments here with the deletions, but I know how much the mods probably have to deal with here on a daily basis, so I don’t get upset by it.

And I get leaving other sites on bad terms. I purposely got banned on one of the other sites (hint, it’s purple), just by saying there was no evidence Randy Pitchford was a pedo, and he was just a creep about the usb thing. You should have seen the messages I got from members and mods for about two hours before the ban hammer. Disgusting, and the best internet decision I’ve ever made lol

phaedrus

I understood my terrible mistake when my downstair neighbour posted this :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Anyway i think i'll own up to my dumb post and forget about it as soon as i browse another thread... Or maybe i'll just get on overheat's ban train and go away forever instead of facing the fact i said something stupid (at least his title will mean something that way !)
Nah you're good. It's an obscure meme, seldom used (for obvious reasons :messenger_tears_of_joy: )

Last edited:
Top Bottom