• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Dogs pre-order bonuses? (screenshot)

Wordpress etc but the image looks legit. (Missing PS4 logo though)

//Mod Edit: Since there are some questions about the multiplayer, in the GameTrailers interview after the PS4 unveil, they made it clear there was both non-standard multiplayer connectivity in the campaign and discrete multiplayer modes.

wd_preorder_hero_pegi.jpg

Tagg9

So it looks like single player and multiplayer are two separate modes? I was under the assumption that the two were integrated together.

grkazan12

I'm not the biggest fan of pre order bonuses, but I would be there day fucking zero if they had the outfit from the Smooth Criminal video.

smooth_criminal_full.JPG

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
So it looks like single player and multiplayer are two separate modes? I was under the assumption that the two were integrated together.

In the GameTrailers interview post the PS4 unveil, they made it clear there was both non-standard multiplayer connectivity in the campaign and discrete multiplayer modes.

Salsa

this kinda bums me out cause it sorta confirms that the multiplayer is more traditional, doesnt it?

I was (still am I guess) expecting some seamless integration of mp with the sp

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Would rock that Chicago suit with mad bravado...

But... would a tommy gun from day 1 imbalance anything? It's always kind of fun when you get these perks for whatever reason and then load the first level where you supposed to get jacked by some street level bum and instead of fighting him off with your brass knuckles you rip his legs off with an m60.

Starting to get pretty excited for this.

And... the Futuristic cyber suit thing ... not bad. But that gun has to be more special than just "Gun." doesn't it? Almost a hint of "fake" there.

iavi

The Chicago skin is badass.

Would rock that Chicago suit with mad bravado...

But... would a tommy gun from day 1 imbalance anything? It's always kind of fun when you get these perks for whatever reason and then load the first level where you supposed to get jacked by some street level bum and instead of fighting him off with your brass knuckles you rip his legs off with an m60.

Starting to get pretty excited for this.

And... the Futuristic cyber suit thing ... not bad. But that gun has to be more special than just "Gun." doesn't it? Almost a hint of "fake" there.

I always save skins for my second play-through. A lot of games will have characters going through visual overhauls by the end of the game, and skins just negate all of it.

$99.99 US Dollars

Watch Dogs Placeholder Pricing
Please note that the current price on Watch Dogs for PlayStation 4 is a placeholder price until we receive more information from our first party and third party partners. As with all pre-orders, under Amazon's Pre-order Price Guarantee (POPG), if customers pre-order an item, then they are guaranteed the lowest price between the order date and the item's release date. We will update the price as soon as we know more. Thank you for your patience.

Foshy

I nearly thought this content was supposed to be Wii U exclusive when I saw the colour scheme and the huge U, then soon realized what was going on

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Good to see fine practices like this will continue through next-gen and to the end of times.

Nothing about this looks even remotely like preorder bonuses... They're showing the Uplay unlockables... ie, "complete these achievements, get this many points to buy this reward... If you download the Uplay app."

SJRB

Gold Member
don't you just have to buy stuff from uplay using points you earn playing Ubisoft games?

Yes, uPlay rewards are very discreet - every game has about 4 uPlay "achievements" which you can usually unlock just by finishing a game. Unlocking them grants points, which can be spent on any reward for any game.

The rewards can be downloaded through the uPlay client or server. There's no monetary transaction involved in any way.

Kade

I think these are just skins you can unlock using uPlay points you get from doing achievements in their games.

daveo42

Banned
Yes, uPlay rewards are very discreet - every game has about 4 uPlay "achievements" which you can usually unlock just by finishing a game. Unlocking them grants points, which can be spent on any reward for any game.

The rewards can be downloaded through the uPlay client or server. There's no monetary transaction involved in any way.

That's good to know. I hate having to decide where I'll pre-order a game based solely on the pre-order bonus if there's something I actually want. Like that Chicago skin.

Top Bottom