• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Millionaire tries to get $829 via kickstarter to send daughter to RPG maker camp?

Pride

I think the thread should focus on what has been wrong with this KS campaign vs trying to play judge/jury on past events or based on who/what Susan is. There are plenty of wrong doings in what she has done and that should be the focus of the efforts on having the campaign ended. Here is what I have seen wrong with this campaign:

- Broke KS TOS by twitter blasting celebs with links to the campaign
- Broke KS TOS by being a game developed by someone underage
- Broke KS TOS by being a "fund my life" type campaign
- Was originally sold by negatively portraying her brothers as mean boys trying to keep a girl down, then the game was to be co-developed by her mean brothers, then all remarks about the mean brothers including the $10k pledge that included an apology from the mean brothers was removed.
- Threatened to post names/info of backers that make negative comments and remove funding (isn't this extortion?)

What else did I miss? Once it is complete all interested should take 2 minutes and send a complaint into Kickstarter.

EDIT: Forgot to add - posted a $10k Pledge Reward and didn't have a budget that would require $10k total

Vaco6121

I think the thread should focus on what has been wrong with this KS campaign vs trying to play judge/jury on past events or based on who/what Susan is. There are plenty of wrong doings in what she has done and that should be the focus of the efforts on having the campaign ended. Here is what I have seen wrong with this campaign:

- Was originally sold by negatively portraying her brothers as mean boys trying to keep a girl down, then the game was to be co-developed by her mean brothers, then all remarks about the mean brothers including the $10k pledge that included an apology from the mean brothers was removed.
- Threatened to post names/info of backers that make negative comments and remove funding (isn't this extortion?)

What else did I miss? Once it is complete all interested should take 2 minutes and send a complaint into Kickstarter.

EDIT: Forgot to add - posted a $10k Pledge Reward and didn't have a budget that would require $10k total

I have done the complaint to Kickstarter in the beginning for being a "fund my life" and paying for tuition reasons. If kickstarter didn't shut it down for that, I don't see how any of the others would matter since "fund my life" and tuition would be biggest strikes for shutting it down.

Gold Member

I'm all for trying, but I think it's clear at this point that KS have no intention of taking this down. It isn't like no one hasn't reported all of what you listed many times over already.

EDIT: The trolls are back in town lol! I'm guessing 1hr before this gets removed.

Rogelio Amadeus Elizondo Sedano less than a minute ago
The game is coming out in July, where are the screenshots of the game, i havent seen information of the game actually being developed.
Please, to every person on this page backing this, read this and do what your common sense tells you.
https://kickstarterscam.jottit.com/

mattchuuu

Neo Member
Has anybody seen this? http://www.p4rgaming.com/?p=1813

A spoof article, but it seems that the real Susan responded in the comments. There is a great rebuttal by the article's writer. This thing is really blowing up.

Has this been posted on the kick starter? If people there are going to spam links to current backers, this is the one to use. It's written in the same way that first grabbed their attention with the project - using empathy for a fabricated little girl to cause action in the reader.

Sera O

Banned

I think the bolded may be the tack to take, as it has all sorts of implications, as opposed to KS just failing to act and doing the big idiot shrug. They can back away from the project by saying "well the crowd has spoken, and they're not very smart but at least they're happy lol" but how they handle backer info is all on them. What exactly are they providing to her?

You'd think that Kickstarter wouldn't want to expose backers like that as a matter of course. I mean, even the volume of mail updates from the real KS projects I've backed is a bit much sometimes - imagine if that weren't confined to KS. Backers shouldn't be exposed to spam/direct contact marketing or whatever. She has hit gold in terms of a large group of people who will pay money to join a backpatting circle on the flimsiest of premises - she's going to want to dip into this well again.

Why would she even have access to this information before the Kickstarter has gone through? Is there a legit reason for this to be made available to a project owner? Thank god payment details aren't through their site.

inm8num2

I'm all for trying, but I think it's clear at this point that KS have no intention of taking this down. It isn't like no one hasn't reported all of what you listed many times over already.

EDIT: The trolls are back in town lol! I'm guessing 1hr before this gets removed.

That tumbler is pretty solid. Even so it is missing a lot of things, like her update with the fund distributions (e.g. $2500 laptop), her various KS comments, etc.

Imagine if we added everything there, the evidence would be 3x greater. Kudos to whomever put that together.

Vaco6121

That tumbler is pretty solid. Even so it is missing a lot of things, like her update with the fund distributions (e.g. $2500 laptop), her various KS comments, etc.

Imagine if we added everything there, the evidence would be 3x greater. Kudos to whomever put that together.

Looks like it was last updated on March 24. Wish there was a contact button to pass along the rest of the info to add to it.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2133643626/a-claymation-collaboration-by-a-mom-and-10-year-ol

It's really sad when you see some legitimate KS for kids not get the type of funding that Susan's questionable one gets..

I'm surprised though that apparently this is a huge thing on KS. Tons of KS for kids..Some of it is legitimately interesting like this one

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/estebanmusic/9-year-old-esteban-castros-debut-album-in-the-maki?ref=live

Of course there are plenty of stuff that just gets funded because it's a kid. I guess I can see a bit more clearly why KS has isn't canceling Susan's even though it's clearly a break in TOS...

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Apparently the monsters on Kenzie's web page are "from her game". True story.

privacy advocate about 1 hour ago
http://mackenziewilson.com/
this site has some of the monsters for Kenzie's game on its page. Look at it..
If Susan has not posted this before, it's an oversight and shows she's been not able to put out all the content they are doing behind the scenes.. Running these kickstarter projects is often cited as like being in the whitewater rapids.. the art for the game is way better than anyone would expect, and it's thanks to kickstarter backers..

Wow. Speechless!

inm8num2

LOL the only monster is the one...ugh you know the drill.

Those monsters look kind of cute.

Oh, and here's another smoking gun - they're using GoDaddy. ;)

-----------------

Surfheart - nice find. I loaded the entire list of backers and Ctrl-F'ed Albert, Ziganshin, and variations but didn't see him on there. So did Susan have any right to use that guy's art?

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Time to call it for good?

mackenziesmonstersiiu3p.png

cutefurry24uru.png

stockphotoheuod.png

stockphoto2j2b3v.png

stockphoto3s3urf.png

inm8num2

Can't wait to see her weasel out of this one.

Will Kickstarter put an end to this bullshit already? Seriously guys, I'm lazy but one of you crafty GAFfers should compile all the developments of the past week or so, put it on a webpage, send it to kickstarter and a bunch of press sites, and fucking blow this thing open.

Muku

"Move on" is the new "Keep up."

Directions: Mark all that Applies to you

I(insert appropriate verb)like Susan Wilson

[X] Cheat
[X] Steal
[X] Lie
[X] Use my daughter to pander for $$
[X] Throw my sons under the bus
[X] Neglect my parental responsibilities
[X] Play the misogyny card
[X] Run a shady kickstarter campaign

= MOVE ON!!! =>

I would so buy this mousepad/bumper sticker/tshirt/hat/whatever. You should Kickstarter it! Also, Susan has done lost it. Time to try to play catch up now.

It's well written but a little too apologetic to Susan... If anything she's the one that owes people apologies.

Agreed. But the ones she owes that to are "trolls" that wouldn't give her money anyway
because this so reeks of GIMME MONEY FOR A VAY CAY
, so she doesn't give a flying rats ass.

Kaedryl

Neo Member
I'm just waiting to see what happens when this is over, Joseph Cecil Smith tries to be buddy buddy with the family he's cyberstalking and suddenly his one true love doesn't want anything to do with his crazy ass. Hell hath no fury like a jilted nutcase.

Yasae

Banned
Can't wait to see her weasel out of this one.

Will Kickstarter put an end to this bullshit already? Seriously guys, I'm lazy but one of you crafty GAFfers should compile all the developments of the past week or so, put it on a webpage, send it to kickstarter and a bunch of press sites, and fucking blow this thing open.
They already know but refuse to do anything about it.

Since they're breaking their own terms of service, wouldn't that constitute a breach of contract? And thus lawsuit. I'm not sure, but Kickstarter is at least being negligent and unfair to its other customers.

You can't do slipshod business like that.

inm8num2

Since they're breaking their own terms of service, wouldn't that constitute a breach of contract? And thus lawsuit. I'm not sure, but Kickstarter is at least being negligent and unfair to its other customers.

But this past week has brought us so much more evidence against Susan. She's using stock photos and lying to backers that her "artists" have made these images. She's blatantly exposed her egregious allocation of the funds.

Kickstarter simply cannot let this pass any longer. Let's blow this thing and go home.

The TOS is something the site holds you to upon accepting its terms in order to use said site. The site isn't required to enforce it by law.

Muku

This just keeps getting better. JCS back to save the day with his crazy antics!

Also, how the hell has it gotten up to 23.8k+? C'mon folks look past this.

Props on finding the spoof article. That was an entertaining read. And that was before Susan decided to post. Though to be fair, I think she got her rear handed back to her by the author. Ignoring the shit and saying "it didn't happen" is indeed what she has done to sweep it under the rug. Shit doesn't work like that. Folks want real answers.

What I do find interesting is that PinkieSquare.com is registered by some company named DomainsbyProxy or whatever. Guess she doesn't want her name attached to it on a domain lookup.

EDIT: Also, about to read the walls of text on the KS, but she no longer Kicking it Forward?

EDIT 2: Just when I thought I couldn't facepalm anymore, I facepalmed my face off at JCS's wall of text. Gems like "I know for a fact that Susan has worked every day trying to deliver the goods to the backers..." It hasn't even ended so what the hell is she doing delivering ANY GOODS?

And "I would point to the way Susan has spent hundreds of hours this month repeatedly responding to the detractors.." Hundreds of hours? Okay, so let's say the MINIMUM to get there is the 200 hour mark, because well that is the minimum to get to the hundredS of hours. That's like 8 1/3 days or some shit. I doubt she's put that much time responding to folks. Nice try though stalker man. Also, why does he keep posting about "males"? If I was on there I'd be posting too. Don't have to be a guy to see this is a hot mess.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I came back from work, and I saw this thread again.
I thought that it was all over.

This is still going?
THIS is still going.

i dont even know
Welcome back, my friends, to the show that never ends. We're so glad you could attend, come inside, come inside.

Basically, this will keep delivering until Kickstarter shuts the project (not going to happen) or this lady runs with the money (I won't shed a tear for the fools that fell for this scam, despite all the evidence against it).

Welcome back, my friends, to the show that never ends. We're so glad you could attend, come inside, come inside.

Basically, this will keep delivering until Kickstarter shuts the project (not going to happen) or this lady runs with the money (I won't shed a tear for the fools that fell for this scam, despite all the evidence against it).

Yeps.

Fucking amazing how ignorant some people can be.
Just amazing.

Muku

Okay, question for you guys. Because now I'm curious. Do you think Steam, GOG, or anyone would take the game and put up for DD? (I mean for actual sale. Some free hosting I could see maybe.) I can't imagine most places putting it up, unless it actually came out as a well thought out story and game. But at that point, Kenzie would have had major help from other folks, which probably ruins the whole idea behind it.

Though, I really hope it doesn't go on GOG. I'm kind of irritated they have games that I wouldn't even consider to be good 'ol gaming yet. Needs moar old stuff before some o fthis newer stuff.
And yeah, maybe I'm a bit irritated the games I want on there are PC only. QQ

Okay, question for you guys. Because now I'm curious. Do you think Steam, GOG, or anyone would take the game and put up for DD? (I mean for actual sale. Some free hosting I could see maybe.) I can't imagine most places putting it up, unless it actually came out as a well thought out story and game. But at that point, Kenzie would have had major help from other folks, which probably ruins the whole idea behind it.

Though, I really hope it doesn't go on GOG. I'm kind of irritated they have games that I wouldn't even consider to be good 'ol gaming yet. Needs moar old stuff before some o fthis newer stuff.
And yeah, maybe I'm a bit irritated the games I want on there are PC only. QQ

No.
There will be no game.
It'll be a three-level thing, and then they'll disappear.
Free moneys for everyone.

If I'm wrong, and there is?
Steam will use the Greenlight thing.
GOG might go with it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
No.
There will be no game.

GOG might go with it.
I was going to mention Greenlight too. If it ends up appearing there, you can be sure I'm going to let everyone know about this scam.

Though if the game is actually finished, I'm not sure if it'd be wrong that it be added on those DD stores. I still wouldn't buy it, of course, but would the game itself be a scam? Or just the Kickstarter? Do we need to differentiate the funding means (shady Kickstarter project) from the final product (hypothetical finished game)? Honest question, and one I haven't thought of before.

Muku

No.
There will be no game.

GOG might go with it.

LOL, I meant if this actually went through and she forced her daughter to pull some shit together or something. Though to be honest, if a game comes out of this, I assume it's going to be a bunch of artists, musicians, and everyone but Kenzie putting this together.

But even if it's three levels it's a "game". At least that's what the supporters would say. Would they be entirely wrong? For a 9 year old, that's probably what would be thrown out and called a game. It's something done by Kenzie, assuming it is even done by her. I mean, Ponycorn was a game. Sure, it didn't have much to it, but it had a story. Kenzie just needs to put together a quick story, throw in a few things real quick and bam.

Though with Steam Greenlight, can't you say Not interested? I could imagine it getting trolled by the internet there, LOL.

I was going to mention Greenlight too. If it ends up appearing there, you can be sure I'm going to let everyone know about this scam.

Though if the game is actually finished, I'm not sure if it'd be wrong that it be added on those DD stores. I still wouldn't buy it, of course, but would the game itself be a scam? Or just the Kickstarter? Do we need to differentiate the funding means (shady Kickstarter project) from the final product (hypothetical finished game)? Honest question, and one I haven't thought of before.

I can pay $10,000 to someone so they make me a game.
It does not have to be good. But it is a game.
That's what they'll do. This is a scam.
It's that simple. :/

And, fair enough. 3 levels is a game, considering the circumstances.
Still, there is QUITE an amount of things wrong with this.
I mean, that's almost $20,000 she got there.

it won't change anything.the fraud doesn't matter because the person committing this picked the right identity politics to play on peoples emotions. We lost and she won.

She was always going to win.

It doesn't mean there can't be more and more exposure of just how morally bankrupt she is.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I can pay $10,000 to someone so they make me a game.
It does not have to be good. But it is a game.
That's what they'll do. This is a scam.
It's that simple. :/

And, fair enough. 3 levels is a game, considering the circumstances.
Still, there is QUITE an amount of things wrong with this.
I mean, that's almost $20,000 she got there.
Of course the Kickstarter is a scam, we all agree on that. What I'm interested in is if the game itself (provided that it gets finished properly) would be a scam too, or just a legit product.

But that's all hypothetical thinking. I don't believe the game will ever be made.

Oh snap.

Though, know nothing about MyLife. Is this some shit someone could have made up to throw us off? Either way... /popcorn
I was going to post this too. What's with me being beaten twice in a row today? :p

pubba

This really pisses me off..

I made an indiegogo campaign to sell handmade Thai style clothing and didn't get 1 pledge.

This grogan is clearly lying through her teeth, and making $$$! Gah

Top Bottom