• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heavenly Sword cameo in the latest Heroes episode (UPDATE: new footage, post #754)

JB1981

Nostromo said:
It's taken from a realtime cutscene and slightly touched up, it should represents how she will look when we ship the game (artists are tweaking everything..)

when might that be? ;)

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Nostromo said:
It's taken from a realtime cutscene and slightly touched up, it should represents how she will look when we ship the game (artists are tweaking everything..)
he speaks. :eek:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
TheIkariWarrior said:
that image cannot be realtime, not even realtime cutscene. i eat a broom if im wrong.

istockphoto_381905_broom.jpg

well if that image is in fact realtime, generated on the fly by CELL+RSX, I'd like to know if it's running at even 30fps. I suppose they could get away with 20fps cutscenes.

I question it, because it appears to be on a whole different level than cut-scenes that are obviously realtime.

anyone else agree ?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Enjoy your broom.

*fap fap fap fap fap fap fap*

Not to the broom eating, that's a little strange.

Pusha

Banned
Why is is so hard to believe it's realtime? Look at Little Big Planet. Clearly, when rendering just a face, the PS3 is capable of doing that realtime. I'd be shocked if it wasn't. It's just a face, people.

Mmmkay

TheIkariWarrior said:
well if that image is in fact realtime, generated on the fly by CELL+RSX, I'd like to know if it's running at even 30fps. I suppose they could get away with 20fps cutscenes.

I question it, because it appears to be on a whole different level than cut-scenes that are obviously realtime.

anyone else agree ?
You're trying too hard AirRaid.

mashoutposse

Ante Up
Nostromo said:

can we see the raw image with no pshopping?

fmcato

Nostromo said:

Still in time to include some weapon like a broom? You could shove it up the enemies' mouth or something.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Nostromo said:

Your artists are >>>>> your engine coders :lol

:p

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Seriously, if that was pre-rendered, they totally would have rendered her nostrils. TOTALLY. The alleged graphic experts around here who can tell us exactly what is realtime and what isn't really let me down with their attention to details.

peonic

Only touch up work done on the image was a quick re-do of the specular highlighting on the eyes, the blurring on the background, and then resizing and jpeg'ing.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
kaching said:
Seriously, if that was pre-rendered, they totally would have rendered her nostrils. TOTALLY. The alleged graphic experts around here who can tell us exactly what is realtime and what isn't really let me down with their attention to details.

They did, you just can't see them because of Depth of Face.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
peonic said:
Only touch up work done on the image was a quick re-do of the specular highlighting on the eyes, the blurring on the background, and then resizing and jpeg'ing.

Nice. Thank you for being so specific!

mr_nothin

Banned
peonic said:
You're second post in almost a year?
:lol

bud

theBishop said:
If the cutscenes are actually real time, then i want to ability to pause and move the camera around.

That would be really cool. The only games that came close to doing this were MGS2/3 but it wasn't really much beside zooming in and moving the camera to the left/right. Hopefully MGS4 will have a feature like this

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
theBishop said:
If the cutscenes are actually real time, then i want to ability to pause and move the camera around.

Oh, I know where u want to point that camera. :p

alterego

u_neek said:
WOW!

Why does it look even better than that other real-time cutscene pic of her?

The other stuff we've seen was from about 5 months ago according to Deanoc.

Anyway, WOWOWOWEOEOWOOW at this being realtime (even with a bit of blur being applied to the background).

u_neek

So is the final cutscene model gonna look like this:
1849hs2.jpg

or like the clearly superior Nariko model in the new shot?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
u_neek said:

Both, as dictated by differing lighting conditions.

u_neek said:
1849hs2.jpg

I think the model is there already, the biggest difference being the lighting conditions, very soft lighting in the "better" one VS very bright and harsh in the one you posted, with the white bleed obscuring skin detail.
Other than that and the heavy blur used on the hair I think it's there.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
peonic said:
So no photoshopping of highlights on the nose and lips? Impressive if so.

bud said:
That would be really cool. The only games that came close to doing this were MGS2/3 but it wasn't really much beside zooming in and moving the camera to the left/right. Hopefully MGS4 will have a feature like this
SotC did it too, as well as ZoE2 and European version of Ico. I agree, they should do it!

megateto

That new screenshot made me say: uncanny valley qué?

Stunning, simply stunning.

Really looking forward to see that cutscene.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
megateto said:
That new screenshot made me say: uncanny valley qué?

Stunning, simply stunning.

Really looking forward to see that cutscene.

Yeah this game is just straight beautiful.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
The lighting and angle of the new screenshot sorta makes her look like the main character from Beyond Good and Evil.

megateto

kaching said:
The lighting and angle of the new screenshot sorta makes her look like the main character from Beyond Good and Evil.

Emotions, that's what I see on the pic. And that is going to be on a videogame, and I will be able to control her. I can't believe that it's just a videogame.

Top Bottom