• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heavenly Sword cameo in the latest Heroes episode (UPDATE: new footage, post #754)

urk said:
Of course it's CG. It's just not pre-rendered CG, according to the dev. Obviously not the playable model, but even for a cut, that's ****ing amazing.
I guess you haven't seen the benchmarks that ship with Nvidia cards. That's about on par with this.

It looks nice, but not beyond the capabilities of weaker PC cards. Would have been more impressive if it was actually in game, though.

Guess we will have to wait till the next, next gen for that.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
TobitheCat said:
It looks nice, but not beyond the capabilities of weaker PC cards.
This to me looks better than even the one that ships with 8800 card, I forgot the name. It definitely blows away those older ones, like Dawn.

xaosslug

mckmas8808 said:
NEW SCREENSHOT!!!!!!

2rcwyz6.jpg

She is ****ing gorgeous.

holy.freaking.crap... :O

EekTheKat

The skin shader in that new pic of Nariko is amazing - I'm assuming that's a sample of the work done on the skin shaders mentioned earlier in the thread.

When HS releases someone should post pics of how the Nariko model evolved from the nearly featureless face in the old E3 trailer to the one in the final game.

tribal24

Banned
its a trap>.> anyone ever think that could be ingame? but lesser detail and what they showed in heroes was the build from like a year ago?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I love the cycle we go in.

Gaf 1: Is that real time?
Gaf 2: Yeah.
Developer: Yep.
Gaf 1: OMG
Gaf 2: I know!
Gaf 3: That looks amazing!
Gaf 4: Of course it looks amazing, it isn't real time.
Gaf 1: It's real time.
Gaf 2: It's real time.
Gaf 3: It's real time.
Developer: Yeah.
Gaf 4: Wow, that's amazing!
Gaf 5: Of course it is amazing, but I wonder if it is real time.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
Y2Kevbug11 said:

:lol

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Y2Kevbug11 said:

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Y2Kevbug11 said:

One part thread skimming one part learned behavior. You can only get burned so many times before you stop trusting developers.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
tribal24 said:
its a trap>.> anyone ever think that could be ingame? but lesser detail and what they showed in heroes was the build from like a year ago?

The Heros build was from November of 2006. So yes it was kinda old.

dfyb said:
they didn't say it wasn't an in-game model, and it very well could be.
Let's not get out of hand and fall back into a post E3 '05 stupor. We've already seen the in-game model and it's not even close.

Be realistic and you'll enjoy the end product more.

mckmas8808

urk said:
One part thread skimming one part learned behavior. You can only get burned so many times before you stop trusting developers.

Yeah but Nostormo has talked to us enough for us to trust him.

mckmas8808

TobitheCat said:
Let's not get out of hand and fall back into a post E3 '05 stupor. We've already seen the in-game model and it's not even close.

Be realistic and you'll enjoy the end product more.

TobitheCat
I rail against unbelievers
in Microsoft's holy name

I figure you would say that.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
mckmas8808 said:
Yeah but Nostormo has talked to us enough for us to trust him.

I'm not speaking to any particular developer, but rather just trying to offer an explanation for why the cycle of disbelief exists.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Y2Kevbug11 said:

antiloop

Last pic is perfect wallpaper. I would have liked one in 1680x1050 though as that is my monitors native resolution. :/

They are spoiling us with graphics this generation.

kevm3

If they can get stuff looking this good not even a year into the PS3's life, assuming it releases before November, I don't even want to know what they'll be able to punch out at the end.

The Jer

Y2Kevbug11 said:

:lol The first thing I thought when I saw this shot was: that can't be real time. No way.

dfyb

Banned
tribal24 said:
they already said the heroes build is from like november...

I'll never understand why people have trouble comprehending the difference between gameplay models and real-time cutscene models. I could point out any variety of games, notable PS2 FF titles, that have THREE different set of models... gameplay... real-time cutscene... and CGI cutscene... and needless to say, the real-time cutscene models BLOW AWAY the gameplay ones. I think it is fairly obvious you won't be playing a model that looks that good, but that doesn't mean they're using CGI, either. Everyone thinks the FFXIII real-time cutscenes are CGI too, even when we have a CGI model to compare them with, and they're clearly not the same.

Go GAF!!!

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
It's realtime, but I was sure someone (a dev) mentioned that there were differences between the in-game and cutscene model. Still though, it's amazing.

MickeyKnox said:
I think the model is there already, the biggest difference being the lighting conditions, very soft lighting in the "better" one VS very bright and harsh in the one you posted, with the white bleed obscuring skin detail.
Other than that and the heavy blur used on the hair I think it's there.
Isn't that pic taken from a build from way back in October?

Raistlin

So PS3 already has it's oldman.gif.

I was not expecting that to happen so early in its life. Bravo NT - you guys continue to impress!

bud said:
are you somehow implying that you are going to look at those pics while playing with your crushy?
No. I meant ":)" not ";)" typo. I want some wallpaper ones. I swear...*hehe* just some walplaper ^^

LuCkymoON

Banned
Marconelly said:
This to me looks better than even the one that ships with 8800 card, I forgot the name. It definitely blows away those older ones, like Dawn.
you must've had a pretty crappy video card back then to say that.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
LuCkymoON said:
you must've had a pretty crappy video card back then to say that.
I'm talking about running those on latest graphics cards. I can run Dawn at least on full detail level :lol (and in fact I did a few weeks ago). It doesn't look that great anymore. Shaders used in it are thing of the past by now. Dawn is what? 4-5 years old now?

LuCkymoON

Banned
Marconelly said:
I'm talking about running those on latest graphics cards. I can run Dawn at least on full detail level :lol (and in fact I did a few weeks ago). It doesn't look that great anymore. Shaders used in it are thing of the past by now. Dawn is what? 4-5 years old now?
I haven't seen any of the latest Nvidia demos, but Dawn was great for it's time. That's why I can easily see this capture of Nariko being rendered on any of the latest cards.

TobitheCat said:
I guess you haven't seen the benchmarks that ship with Nvidia cards. That's about on par with this.

It looks nice, but not beyond the capabilities of weaker PC cards. Would have been more impressive if it was actually in game, though.

Guess we will have to wait till the next, next gen for that.
Yeah once you take into account that this is a cutscene it really isn't that impressive, lower end of the next gen spectrum, now that I think of it it's ps2 quality really, absolutely nothing the ps1 couldn't handle, snes might have chugged a little but this definately isn't out of it's capabilities.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
BamYouHaveAids said:
Yeah once you take into account that this is a cutscene it really isn't that impressive, lower end of the next gen spectrum, now that I think of it it's ps2 quality really, absolutely nothing the ps1 couldn't handle, snes might have chugged a little but this definately isn't out of it's capabilities.

WTF are people doing in this thread? That image looks un****ing believable.

Nostromo, go back to the factory and get us a widescreen version.

BamYouHaveAids said:

:lol Seriously though some people are trying too hard here. That pic may be the best I've seen from an ingame character model ever (cutscene ones included).

luca_29_bg

a this question

"Hi Mr. I just want to ask if, All those effects will take place IN GAME in the same way you did on this picture from Cutscene?, This quality is going to be the exactly the same IN-GAME on the Final Product?"

This answer

The DOF in-game is good but not THAT good. Better specular on the eyes is something we are working on and other techy bits to help improve the lighting response on the blend-shapes.

If these come together, then the layman should not be able to distinguish that screenshot from the final result. Fingers crossed!!!

Tameem

This from ninja theory forum

http://www.ninjatheory.com/forums/showthread.php?t=840&page=3

Believe :D

Zen

Banned
DieH@rd said:
2rcwyz6.jpg

Downgrade total! :D
OMG

From the hyperbolic "Sony Prophet" way back when he made all of his comments.

The extra development time is making a world of difference. Some of you saw Heavenly Sword at E3 and it looked pretty good... that is, it looked like your typical 360 game. The team has been hard at work piling on layers and layers of detail and as of right now, it looks like ****ing Advent Children (you thought Metal Gear looked good? You gotta see this). It's also being given a God of War type violence upgrade, since they found out the graphical realism and brutality of the combat (bloodless though it was) was getting it a Mature anyway. Seriously, it will blow your mother****ing mind (although it’s sad that having really awesome graphics influences the ESRB ratings these days). The current release target is March.

http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=27071

Top Bottom