• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising is coming to PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieH@rd

Banned
mgrising_revengeance_2hjq4.jpg

Will we see the other Metal Gear games come to PC too?

MGS1 and 2 are already out. 3, 4 and PW are not.

Will this game really look that much better on PC? I mean it already looked amazing on consoles with its 60fps gameplay and little to no tearing. It was very technically competent to begin with. Apart from the res increase (which really doesn't add as much as people think it does) I don't see it looking any different to be fair. Especially if its a port of a console game.

These kinds of games are held back by current gen consoles. I recently played Bioshock Infinite on PC and apart from being smoother and sharper it looked exactly the same - art assts were the same low polys, blurry textures up close etc. Same with Dark Souls.

What I'm saying is a passerby wouldn't be able to tell which platform these games are on with a lot of these ports.

Nevertheless at least more people can experience this great game.

No. We shouldn't be dependant on modders to fix things. How about they just port the game properly in the first place. There's a lot of things that the PC could brute-force its way through that have already been mentioned, like the draw distance, but the core game should work properly first and foremost.

I don't wanna see a quick and dirty recompile Dark Souls style, just because the publishers think the community will fix it for them.

Who knows, this port might actually end up being a good one. I'm just saying, if Konami botches it then a quick file drop doesn't take too long to install and configure >_>

Nibel

Will this game really look that much better on PC?

Yes

1080p 60FPS is a huuuuuge difference + we don't know anything about the customization options via ingame menus or .ini-files

While I played the shit out of it on 360 already, I would love to see how PG handles the PC platform

deleted

Will this game really look that much better on PC? I mean it already looked amazing on consoles with its 60fps gameplay and little to no tearing. It was very technically competent to begin with. Apart from the res increase (which really doesn't add as much as people think it does) I don't see it looking any different to be fair. Especially if its a port of a console game.

These kinds of games are held back by current gen consoles. I recently played Bioshock Infinite on PC and apart from being smoother and sharper it looked exactly the same - art assts were the same low polys, blurry textures up close etc. Same with Dark Souls.

What I'm saying is a passerby wouldn't be able to tell which platform these games are on with a lot of these ports.

It's all about IQ for me. And you can't get nearly the same results on consoles - 1080p AA/AF makes all the difference.

zainetor

Banned

dude, it's almost never locked at 60 fps on consoles.

Yeah, no..

1080p, 16x AF, and some good AA (I'm not even talking about downsampling etc) will clean this mess of blur and jaggies considerably.

ArjanN

I think the bump in sharpness and framerate is usually still pretty significant though, even if there are still some concessions for current consoles.

eyeless

i don't even know where to begin with this shit

You sure about that? Out of the box? Maybe. But Dark Souls at 1080p running at 60fps? Mate you'll notice the difference straight away.

See if you can spot the difference...

http://www.abload.de/img/6400x3600ultrasmaa91yg1.png
http://www.abload.de/img/1024x720xozqm.png

.la1n

Fantastic news, it's nice to see action games getting love on PC too (even if it is a bit late.) Can't wait to play through it again.

xemumanic

Who knows, this port might actually end up being a good one. I'm just saying, if Konami botches it then a quick file drop doesn't take too long to install and configure >_>

Oh, I actually don't think this will be a bad port at all. I've always thought that Platinum Games' titles would be easy, great ports to the PC. We've seen them demo their titles running on a PC; there's even that one shot of Kamiya (is that his name?) playing Bayonetta on the PC, holding a 360 controller, wearing Nvidia 3D Vision glasses.

What I have a problem with is the community being OK with getting half-assed ports because they think some modder will come and save us. Because soon the publishers will start thinking that way.

AllenShrz

This post is so wrong.

Did you even play it?

This game had HORRIBLE blocking objects, shadows and super flat textures.

Just add AA, higher resolution and proper shadows and it will look so much better.

Want an example? DmC, the graphical difference between console and PC port is gigantic, they are a world a part!

Dark Souls had a excellent work with textures (Thanks to Durante, we were able to appreciate it).

Bioshock on PC was the superior version too and I dont recall blurry textures. Just low poly models.

Omikaru

They've always said if Konami wanted a PC version (and more importantly, wanted to pay for a PC version), they'd make it.

I guess Konami wanted a PC version.

Good news, although I always wanted Vanquish on PC much more. The console versions of Rising look pretty decent compared to Vanquish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom