• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Rising is coming to PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGMIII

Hopefully it's not too long away and the port is good, can't wait to see it running at 120fps.

Now give me the rest of your games on PC, platinum.

AllenShrz

If any game ever needed badly a PC port, it was this one.

The models were somewhat blocky, very low quality/flat textures and with horrible shadows.

SparkTR

Capcom needs to bring Dragon's Dogma and Deep Down to PC.

It's kind of strange they haven't considering how they shove everything else on Steam. I heard it has something to do with the pawn system's online functionality (?), but hopefully they can port it during the coming months when their slate is clean.

Somax

Obviously they announce the port a mere week after I caved for the PS3 version offer from Zavvi...

Oh well, maybe if it's an excellent port I'll double dip at a later time. :(

I assume this version will come with all the DLC as well. Since I never got around to playing them on the consoles, this is an added bonus.

DieH@rd

Banned
If any game ever needed badly a PC port, it was this one.

The models were somewhat blocky, very low quality/flat textures and with horrible shadows.

And criminally low draw distance for objects.

GAF, IMAGINE REVENGEANCE WITH OCULUS RIFT... Somebody will make it compatible via DX injectors [Vireio, VorpX or usermade].

Vanquish + Anarchy Reigns + Rising + Bayonetta in a Steam Pack and I'm in :3

I already own all of them (except Rising which I borrowed for now) on PS3 so I wouldn't buy them separately for 40€ each :/

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
PC port required, AAARRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Haunted

Glad I waited.

Well, "waited". It simply wasn't acceptable to play the game at console settings, the way it looked in screenshots and videos. The art direction was always ace, even if the textures are bad, clean 1080p and some nice AA will do wonders for this.

xemumanic

No worries, Durante will take it from here.

No. We shouldn't be dependant on modders to fix things. How about they just port the game properly in the first place. There's a lot of things that the PC could brute-force its way through that have already been mentioned, like the draw distance, but the core game should work properly first and foremost.

I don't wanna see a quick and dirty recompile Dark Souls style, just because the publishers think the community will fix it for them.

katkombat

Banned
Guess what I'm buying again? My game of the year so far. I look back and thought it was Bioshock: Infinite but its definitely Metal Gear Rising. I don't even have the PC to run it. I just want to support the fact that this is coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom